Preview of Experimental Graphics Improvements

Wow! It looks nice!. The masking effect over overlapping things is a must. I hate when I can't watch my character like in Kaom's Dream with trees or the trees itself in the forest/jungle maps. Btw the new water look fantastic! <3
If you can improve the game's graphics do it! If it detriments the performance that's why there is a graphics quality settings anyways or not?.

Amazing ;)
"
Orca_Orcinus wrote:
I've mentioned this many times before - the issues with the graphics are due to the netcode, server-side resources being used for 3D positional audio and computing power and frenzy charges on mobs, and how the sound is hooked into fmodStudio which can't handle how you are making draw calls, forcing directDraw out of it's, I think the word is flip queue.

The speculars and aoc files can be tweaked all you like, but this is easily testable.

Make a self-cast Discharger. Discharge. Walk away. Come back later, and you'll hear the discharge aoc since the 3D audio engine is still tryna brute force the discharge aoc through fmod and hasn't relinquished the aoc or the computing resources.

If you like, you can do a further test. Cast another discharge. Die. Watch as frame rates sky-rocket since the game is hard coded to unhook fmod studio and 3D positional audio cues from a client with a dead player.

I've typed this many dozens of times in the last few years, and it really is time to fix these latent issues.

²
"
ThorTX wrote:
"
Tripartist1 wrote:
"
ThorTX wrote:
Well.. I'll not even run the game and for sure will not spend a cent anytime soon until there is not clear statement about ES and CI.
I just can not run a game which is offering absolutely nothing different than any of the rest online-but-single-player RPG's, and for sure not spending on it, especially if they treat their population like a milking cows and trash - killing their fun for nothing.

Coming from someone playing a 5500es build: It's fine. I'm still able to facetank, I still do great damage for my level. I have very sub-optimal gear for resists and ES. Leech rate is insanely high thinks to VP working with ES again (just sacrifice a bit of damage to travel to it). Quit complaining that your OP 15000 ES shaper tanker oneshot build got nerfed.

On a more related note: I'm a sucker for great weather and environment effects, these graphics are very welcome!

Weirdly we are finding NONE ES build in your account. Practically you are just trolling a topic which most likely even do not understand.
Just one of the kids which is completely destroying PoE just to propagate with his Kaom in the HP builds.
Pluss facetanking shaper were able just about less than 0.1% of the ES builds, while the HP builds ARE DOING THIS NONSTOP.
GGG - could you please remove all Kaom's, and decrease the HP base items with 25% ?! Let's talk nerfing as we should. Let's completely annihilate this game. OK ?!

Then you obviously can't read/don't know what an ES build looks like/are just blind. It's literally the character I'm signed into, ProfessionalNoob. Btw I ran ONE Kaom's build back in Breach. Also, do you think GGG is going to listen to actual supporters who spend money on the game and have played countless hours, or some random on the forum complaining about an old nerf from 2 leagues ago? Adapt or die. You don't like the game? Quit playing. We don't care to hear it on the forum that you've quit, and GGG probably doesn't care much either.
"
Tripartist1 wrote:
blablabla

Cool, now can you guys discuss that elsewhere? Maybe in the right place where it's not meaningless?
GGG needs to get their priorities straightened out.
"I've played a lot of videogames. It's my primary recreational activity. Best games ever: Elden Ring and Diablo 4."
~Elon Musk, 2023
"
elpeleq42 wrote:
"
Tripartist1 wrote:
blablabla

Cool, now can you guys discuss that elsewhere? Maybe in the right place where it's not meaningless?

In my first reply I actually was talking about the graphics at the end. If you're so bothered by us talking about ES, then why waste your time further by responding to us lol? Seems like youre just shooting yourself in the foot.
Making sure the char is not hidden behind environmental objects is very important. The current implementation is not very good at that.
From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077519

Gannicus, God of the Arena – Deathless Uber Elder for Everyone
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2627521
nice love the tree cut out
POE NEED - Remodel the characters with new visuals

I love the game but... Marauder, duelist, shadow, everyone is bad models....

New look please....

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info