Alex, one of our graphics programmers, has been working on some experimental visual improvements for Path of Exile. At the moment we have no explicit plans to introduce these to the game in a specific patch because we are still experimenting with how they work. In the meantime, we wanted to show you a small glimpse at what's being developed behind the scenes. Hopefully you'll see them in a future expansion when they're ready!

These graphics are being developed by the team who also introduced the improved Burning Ground effect and burning grass. As you have seen, these effects have not had a negative performance impact on the Path of Exile client. The top priority of this team is to improve Path of Exile's performance while also improving its aesthetics where possible.
Posted by 
on
Grinding Gear Games
first ?

great job !
Last edited by Gogodrop37 on Feb 5, 2018, 5:24:19 PM
is cat sexier now ? ;)
dank
How beautiful :o
Looks awesome!
This looks great!
Not sure if i like the fade out to terrain objects obscuring the character, it seems very in your face...might just take some getting used to though.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
nice

edit: Do that "see trough circle" scale with character size ? In case i have headhunter buffs from rares or demigod items on.
Last edited by CONTO on Feb 5, 2018, 5:32:59 PM
woah
Rain is cool in my opinion. But translucent trees... meh, it looks odd, I don't like it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info