"speed of light" (Attack Speed) Marauder Build

My first post in this forum, yeah!

Well, I wanted to play a Marauder, but i was annoyed of the lame attack speed, so i decided to theocraft a build with as high as possible attack speed and life.
I did a fast research, but I couldn't find any similar builds.

et voila
Build:
Spoiler

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBxthYY1BQjM_2SF8_7w653fIve4whAir2IVU5Dtw9wQRVtZ7NduenMPe-FCBQRxiRyZgB5zboOlKGYFYEYVIyCWCIKLXvTl0AQKAFLWBLeu907SFgdPGeuSyFWhoY21uv3Q38xWegh3ZKfVb67g4a2_ljveY-zxXwUUequKp_hxmNvwW1DPKlyzY953Rh4g-rbWy1SFM1NnvLQXK7bXtVSyaVMfvUjxkuJ-2sqnKpfNmKIsDzfPXAplRJ51JOyDWS0346szWGuc2dqiP27_BaSDpYBH6NfYhrGddqhw==

Gems
Spoiler

Attack:
Ground Slam
Leap Slam
Heavy Strike

Supports:
Blood rage
Blood magic
Life on Hit (Life Leech in endgame)
Increased Area of Effects
Faster attacks
Reduced Mana
Melee Physical Damage

Aura:
Hatred
Vitality
Determination
Grace
Anger

Gameplay:
It isn't hard to play this type of marauder because you can spam ground or leap slam. ATM I'm at lvl 51 and I hit ground slam 2.7 time a second, which means that I'm stunning permanently.
In combination with Increased Area of Effects you can kill Mobs from a safe distance, so you won't die a lot.
With the Bandit Quest you get up to 7 Frenzy Charges, which grant you 5%atk speed an 4%ev Ratio, which makes you a full time Berserk :D
Besides the Atk speed, there are no differences to a common Marauder build/gameplay.

Considerations and Problems:

I don't know if I'm going to have too much atk speed in the end game, but in this case i would respec some speed nodes and invest them to life nodes laying around my build.

Resolute Technique:
Since I'm moving a lot in the Dex skill tree and getting a lot of accuracy, I'm playing with the thought of removing RS in the end game which would mean, that i would have 6 new available points to spend. Three of them would probably go to acc rating nodes to keep the chance to hit as high as possible, the other ones would go to life nodes (your suggestion added here! :D).

The only problem with this build is, that blood magic uses a f* lot more life because of the attack speed. Maybe i can fix it by leveling the the blood magic gem or else, i don't know..

Please give advices/suggestions!
Hope that you like this build :D

Last but not least: Sorry for any spelling mistakes x)
Last edited by MrJox on Feb 28, 2013, 4:21:02 PM
Don't really have any advice, but wanted to just say sort of trying same thing. Yours it probably tons better, but I'm trying to use 2 one hand maces using Infernal blow.
Still low level, but pretty fun so far. Just really need some more speed nodes cause I swing pretty slow right now. Infernal does hit like a truck, I just don't have enough mana to cast it 24\7.
Few levels I get blood magic but then I'm really going to need some Life Leech or something.
We'll see when I get there.

Good luck with your build, may you conquer all.

dual maces?
I hope you achieve your drum solo.
I wouldnt take the bloodmagic node, because you are going to lose your whole mana -> no %Auras.

This build is meant to be played with a 2H mace.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info