Dominating Punch - Minion Facebreaker Build

Trying to plan out my new build and was hoping to get some feedback!

The Basics

Facebreaker - I will be using this pair of unique gloves, that has the mod "(800-1000)% More Unarmed Physical Damage"

Dominating Blow - Very few skills are able to be used with no weapon (which is a requirement of attacking unarmed.)

Minion Instability - So my dominated minions explode when they die!

Default League - I've already got the gloves on Default League and I have no idea if this build could even be viable for HC.

The Build

I've planned out a rough draft of 85 points below:

The Details

This is the part where I am still trying to work stuff out.

For gearing, I will most certainly need +Physical damage mods to increase my damage output. The effect of this mod with Facebreaker is very dramatic with reports of people "1-shotting their way to merciless" with enough of it.
As such, it should be very easy to land killing blows with Dominating Blow.

A point of contention though is how to treat my minions. In my tree I have selected all of the Minion Life and Extra Minion nodes. However, dominated enemies should already have decent health pools (Especially the rares; Unlike zombies who have flat rates). With this in mind I'm somewhat worried that the minions may never explode before the domination runs out and they die.

On the other hand, I could just not worry so much about that and instead use minions in a more regular fashion while still using Dominating Blow to take over the rares. In this case I would definitely take the Minion Life and Extra Minion nodes.

In the first case also, I would have to use Dominating Blow as a main attack which, if I wanted any sort of duration, would have to be leveled and would thus increase the mana cost to extreme levels (especially after passives.) This option would probably call for Blood Magic support.

Thoughts?
Last bumped on Jun 14, 2016, 7:09:10 PM
I wonder why you need all those + minion hp nodes, and +extra skeletons/zombies? it shall be enough to get some by your dominating blow, it's really like an army of mobs following you :)
IGN: Zbyszka (warbands) or Bear_Hug (standard)
You know, this is part of what I'm wondering... If I just focus HP in order to run Blood Magic support gem on Dominating Blow I can DOMINATE ALL THE THINGS!
As a quick warning for if you plan on running Raise Zombie with your Dominating Blow: if a zombie takes a swing at something and you dominate it during the swing the zombie will hit your freshly dominated minion. Was a pretty annoying issue when I tried this on a witch a while ago.
i would use Resoulute Technique
dropt some points right from leadership and optimized the rest a bit to get more free points.

iam not so shure about the top Minion Circle with +1 spectre

Im also using dominating blow but just for fun.
Infernal Blow or Frenzy do have a way better damage scaling as Dominating Blow.
But I think it will be a lot of fun with tons of undead behind you :D
"
Av4tos wrote:
Im also using dominating blow but just for fun.
Infernal Blow or Frenzy do have a way better damage scaling as Dominating Blow.
But I think it will be a lot of fun with tons of undead behind you :D

Yes, but it doesn't count the dps of the dominated, which can be extremely huge.

I've written a full build around this spec just below, with a video : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/210703

Take a look !
IGN - Elyzim
Last edited by PinkPingPenguin on Mar 1, 2013, 8:30:23 AM
Ahh yes, someone with experience in the matter! Just what I was looking for. Thank you!
Last edited by dumptruckman on Mar 1, 2013, 11:36:34 AM
I will be respecing a build this week running FB and DB. Inc duration, rapid decay, dec duration, etc I'll bring back some results monday.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info