Recent Serverside Performance Improvements and Super Stash Sale

Server performance very welcome! But need more, much much more Server performance!

And need increase size of stacks in stash, please!
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
what about jonathan's idea to implement a client side indicator if problems are server/client side?

i guess it will be even more needed now after you pointed out that the problems can in fact be server side.

it get's tiring to explain some users again and again that those server problems indeed exist but the only and fastest way of maybe fixing their problem is to exclde their side of the network.

with such an indicator it would be clear from the start where the problem is.
Nevermind.
Last edited by Thantica on Feb 4, 2018, 9:32:30 AM
Please look in to bufferbloat and it's remedies.

Just some highlights why.

Using AQM (Active Queue Management) vs no queue which is what you most likely have, most don't have proper queueing or any so don't take offense. Why is this great, it allows packets to be managed vs having mere priority which doesn't do much alone. If you are using no queue management or horrible management your lag and latency problem will only continue.

Please move on to a better format of networking. Stop using network acceleration technology for any of your actual gaming traffic as it has bursty delays. Only cake with AQM can deal with the problem, everything else leads to bloat which leads to lag and higher and latency.

The big reason you should move on to better networking model is Anti bufferbloat tech gives you a lot of your cpu and interrupt cycles back, which I can easily assume you would prefer as main host or client who will feel smoother.

You could literally send all non gaming traffic to one queue and let players be seperated in bandwidth/latency penalties with their own in another seperate one.

It would easily be a huge boon for all involved.

You were serious about DX11 upgrades and optimization, why aren't you going to be serious about network tech when it's one of the core principles of how the game must function.

To any player with lag problems that wish to be rid of it within their own network get a anti bufferbloat router and enable the right settings along with SQM. I have made plenty of friends and players networks infinitely better switching them off of the crap they were using to something that works. TCP is broke without SQM you will lose to bufferbloat and the game is consistently full of problems related it like rubberbanding, desync, and lag spikes all which would be severely reduced by implementing various solution you could.

The question why aren't you. This tech didn't exist when you made the game but largely since 2013 you have had options.
Last edited by Nuttyhater on Feb 4, 2018, 12:56:55 PM
server side improvements?

Not working... still lags spikes. its so bad at different times
server performance is so good now that instances crash much more often. i hope ggg realizes that they got enough mtx designers and should replace a few with devs who fix all these bugs.
Server performance improvements. Thank you! Now let's do more with the client next update, as it still needs a ton of love to reduce the horrid post 3.1 performance woes.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Last edited by Dhaken on Feb 5, 2018, 2:19:43 PM
I don't notice any improvements. If I hit any big packs with tornado shot lockstep still locks me up.
Yea this last round of "improvements" has started up my reboot problems AGAIN, ie, POE will just decide to break and force my computer to reboot itself. And I am unable to troubleshoot anything because the log files don't capture anything... path 3.1.2 was fine...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info