Koffe's Lightning Strike/Blade Flurry jeweller

Scion (Slayer/Pathfinder)

Lightning Strike
8 Jewels minimum (6-7 in tree and 9 in gear. Can have up to 16 in total with this build. I am currently running 6 in tree and 3 in gear.)
1.9 million single target fully buffed, 440k w/o buffs and only counting melee hit, no projectiles.
Over 5 million dps achievable with Blade Flurry.
For footage of the build in action and if you have questions about the build, feel free to join me at twitch.tv/KQFFE.

VIDEO GUIDE:

PLAYSTYLE:
Spoiler

Stay on the move with your Whirling blades/Shield Charge constantly and destroy packs with one single click and move on. Due to the high attack speed, most bosses die in sub 2 seconds (not including t15's or higher).
It's a fast and very interactive playstyle which rewards knowledge of boss mechanics. Dive in when there's a second's gap for attacking and do 7 billion APS and boom, the boss is dead.
Due to the low life pool the character can seem and be squishy, but the leech negates that really good. I have farmed elder for two days and haven't died once.
It works very well both as a fast mapper and as a lab farmer. It works as a end game grinder, but there's a lot of builds that are able to kill Guardians and Shaper more comfortable than this. I've killed all of shaper's guardians as corrupted and Shaper himself and Vaal Temple with only LS. Had to switch to Blade Flurry to be able to kill Uber Atziri.

PROS:
* Fast mapper
* Engaging playstyle
* Great survivability due to the leech, shock and stuns
* Room for optimization and customization
* Will work really good on a budget and as league starter. Can easily farm T10 on 20c
* Can also be played as Ranger, Duelist or Shadow

CONS:
* Not a fast T16 boss farmer without running Blade Flurry. Need to swap 5 gems before the bigger fights.
* BiS gear is really expensive. Probably 20 ex+ for the entire setup, not including gems.

--------------------------------------------------------

The idea behind this build is to stack as much flat lightning damage as possible and scale it with crit multi, elemental damage and attack speed (mind the crit chance).
I've cleared everything except HOGM.
Elder and his guardians has been a breeze, but shaper Guardians has been quite slow to defeat without swapping to the Blade Flurry setup. There are still a lot of upgrades possible to be made. Currently I am not running any BiS at all. Although Lycosidae is really comfortable to have (Cheaper option would be Tempestuous Steel). The clear is fast and fluid on open maps

Economics and GEARING
Spoiler

Started this build around 1,5 months into the league
I started this build out with buying a decent foil with high flat lightning damage, crit multi, and attack speed for 1 c. Still swinging this one.
I already had some murderous and searching abyssal jewels in my stash from earlier this league with some lightning damage. Later I upgraded just about every jewel with the most expensive jewel at around 15 c spent.
Fill out the rest of your gear slots with as much life, resists, ele dmg and multi as possible. Also accuracy if you don't have the Lycosidae.
Inpulsa's is a boost in clear speed and adds some aesthetics with the blue splosions.
I believe my current running setup is worth about 20 exalts, excluding cost of gems. That is if you're buying Inpulsa's and Belly of the Beast fully linked.

MY CURRENT GEAR
Spoiler

Single Target gem swaps:

GEM SETUP and GEAR OPTIONS

Spoiler

SINGLE TARGET and clear with LS
> 1G2R3B should be the colours of your chest
(always counting fully buffed, only melee hit and damage against Shaper)
DPS clear: 723k DPS st: 1.7m (16% more dmg with Abyssus)
but compare it with clear with LS and single target gemswap dps with Blade Flurry:
DPS BF st: 3m (3.4 with abyssus)
Damage is calculated with 3 additional LS projectiles enchant. 40% increased LS damage enchant will give at least 6.6% more dps in this setup)

With Abyssus and BF 40% dmg enchant damage will be at least 3.6m (4.2 if using power charges)

There are a lot of customization able to be made and a build left to personal preference or even dependant on what kind of map you will run.
More reliablle single target? Drop Curse on Hit-setup and socket something like Frenzy supported by Faster Attacks and Fortify.
When geared you won't need nor use Vaal Lightning Trap, Conductivity or Ancestral Protector and you won't make much use of the curse on hit while mapping, Mobs will die instantly no matter what. That's 5 gem slots open for you right there. Meaning you may even run Kaom's Roots if you can cap your resists elsewhere.
Other options for curses may be: Temp Chains for survivability, Assassin's Mark for dps increase or just Conductivity on hit instead of self cast, or no curse at all.
Want more clear dps? Support the spirit burst from the Lightpoacher with something like GMP, Phys to Light and Ele Dmg and drop the curse/put it elsewhere.
Want a bigger life pool? Equip Belly of the Beast and Starkonja's and still have good enough damage and over 6k life (6.4 with Kaom's Roots)

In short, for boss farming most comfortable setup would probably be Belly of the Beast and Starkonja's and for clear Inpulsa's and Lightpoacher.

Curse on Hit linked with Assassin's Mark and Herald of Thunder for more reliable crits while mapping. I've been testing Assassin's Mark, Poacher's Mark and Temp Chains as CoH. My suggestion is to drop 100k in dps for a more comfortable playstyle either with temp chains or poacher's mark. You don't even need this curse. Can socket in Conduvtivity here instead if you like.

For a bigger life pool, I suggest wearing a Starkonja's and Belly of the Beast while bossing. If ever needed, it will only be for Guardians and Shaper. I killed them all with Inpulsa's and Lightpoacher though.

Lightning Strike setup in order of importance:
Lightning Strike - Multistrike - Ancestral Call - Lightning Penetration - Increased Critical Strikes - Added Lightning

swap Ancestral Call for Damage on Full Life and Added Lightning for Elemental Focus for single target dps.

Blade Flurry setup in order of importance:
Blade Flurry - Concentrated Effect - Damage on Full Life - Elemental Damage with Attacks - Elemental Focus - Lightning Penetration

Ancestral Protector for extra attack speed for single target.
Blood Rage for extra attack speed and leech.
Either run Ice Golem for extra crit or Lightning for extra lightning damage and attack speed

This should be your movement setup for endless whirling and more defense with Fortify up.
Because of the fast whirl we do not need any movement speed on the boots, and therefore scrape a huge chunk of chaos off the cost for this gear slot.

CWDT - Immortal Call for survivability and being able to take a big hit. Cast the curse manually on single target.

Vaal Haste increases the dps a lot and should be activated before tough fights. I'm only using Vaal Lightning Trap on Guardians and barely even there. It adds a huge boost to our damage though.

Fit Wrath in wherever you may. You can drop Lightning Trap. You can drop Blood Magic in the boots if you feel like you can maintain your mana pool.
You probably won't miss CoH - AssMark that much too (effective crit chance drops from 68 to 67% and -50k dps without running it).

LEVEL UP
Spoiler

You can buy Lightning Strike from Nessa in act 1 after defeating Merveil and may run it straight away from lv 12 if you have jewels with lightning damage to support it. Otherwise Frost Blades for clear and Molten Strike for single target will be a good choice, probably until you can use Multistrike at level 38.

Pick jewel sockets first for a big dps upgrade - If you have any jewels with flat damage, % damage, attack speed. Life on most jewels is also important end game.

I collected all the points leading from Scion up to and around Assassin and then went below Scion to the life, attack speed down to the duelist. After you've completed the Merciless Labyrinth you'll spec out of the nodes leading from Scion to Duelist.

FIRST STEP OF PROGRESSION:
SECOND STEP OF PROGRESSION:

Good levelling gear:
Spoiler

Weapons:
Redbeak *2
The Princess *2
Brightbeak
Fidelita's Spike
Ewar's Mirage
Tempestuous Steel
Armor:
Tabula Rasa
Jewellery:
Elreon rings/amulet
Thief's Torment at lv 30 (I used this up until lv 75)
Boots:
Wanderlust/Nomic's Storm
Wake of Destruction at lv 28
Gloves:
Lochtonial Caress
Ondar's Clasp
Belt:
Meginord's Girdle
Wurm's Molt
Belt of the Deceiver
Stygian Vise/Darkness Enthroned if you have good enough jewels.
Helm:
Goldrim

Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/rk5M1NLn
Profile name: Kristoffero
Character name: LagomLight

If you have any questions or thoughts, feel free to join me at twitch.tv/thatkoffe

twitch.tv/KQFFE
Last edited by KQFFE on Dec 25, 2018, 8:06:28 PM
Last bumped on Aug 2, 2018, 11:51:00 PM
Happy to se you ON here :). Actually I am just want attention so thats why I had to be first, you know it /Helicious.

PS. GOOD LUCK WITH THIS INTERESTING AND AWESOME BUILD !

See you at Twitch and In-Game Exile! <3
Nice build, i'm gonna try it as my last build of the league
Just one tip, add fidelitas spike/ewar mirage to the leveling guide, both great uniques, and they have a decent DPS potential even for endgame(In your PoB link, ewar's have 2.6m BF DPS and Fidelitas has 3M)
"
xxKillerZ wrote:
a...dd fidelitas spike/ewar mirage to the leveling guide, both great uniques, and they have a decent DPS potential even for endgame(In your PoB link, ewar's have 2.6m BF DPS and Fidelitas has 3M)

Ty my man, I've added those to the list.
twitch.tv/KQFFE
did you kill all the bandits?
"
Slagbags wrote:
did you kill all the bandits?

Yes.
If you feel you have to low crit and resists, you can first chose Alira (probably good choice for playing this as a league starter) and respec later on to +2 passives.
twitch.tv/KQFFE
Hey. I'm considering this as my Flashback Race starter.

I was wondering, what are your bandit choices / pantheon power choices?
"
Kazubuki wrote:
Hey. I'm considering this as my Flashback Race starter.

I was wondering, what are your bandit choices / pantheon power choices?

For a starter I would suggest to help Alira and respec into 2 passive points later if you have enough resists.

I mostly run these Pantheons:
* Brine King w/ Forgotten Soldier & Puruna = Cannot be chain stunned or frozen and have 30% faster recovery from stuns
* Ralakesh w/ Drek = 25% chance to avoid Bleeding & 25% reduced Physical Damage over Time Damage taken while moving + Cannot be Blinded & cannot be Maimed.

twitch.tv/KQFFE
Hey, really enjoying the build.
I am currently leveling it up, and I just got the to second passive skill tree.
Where do I continue from the first one. Which nodes should I head to first?
"
Stinson wrote:
Hey, really enjoying the build.
I am currently leveling it up, and I just got the to second passive skill tree.
Where do I continue from the first one. Which nodes should I head to first?

Firstly refund the path between scion and duelist, then I would probably go for Primeval Force then the sword nodes, life and crit. Whatever you feel like you need first.
twitch.tv/KQFFE

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info