[3.15] Fivers Frost Blades Raider (Outdated)

"
is this a good build for the race? uniques should be more available since there are so many more mobs right?

It's not a good build for winning this race, it's only really temp standard viable, and it has the occasional death to random things because we don't have much life.

But it'll certainly do ok, I got to 90 pretty quick and ended up at 94 in beastiary.
Anyone have any suggestions for 5L while leveling? I only have 4 charges right now at level 50 so I don't think ice bite/hypo makes sense. FB>AC>WED>Added cold>? I can't decide between ruthless, ice bite, and melee phys I think.

Last edited by dperls on May 6, 2018, 6:23:23 PM
"
dperls wrote:
Anyone have any suggestions for 5L while leveling? I only have 4 charges right now at level 50 so I don't think ice bite/hypo makes sense. FB>AC>WED>Added cold>? I can't decide between ruthless, ice bite, and melee phys I think.

Just run FB > Added cold> Hypothermia> WED > multistrike

AC will ruin your dps at this point, and hypo is better than it looks. :P
Hey

Been playing this build as my starter this league (Flashback), it's been really fun but I have a few questions

1.) Does running "Point Blank" make any sense in this pure Frostblade build? I'm new to Frostblade so it would be really helpful if someone who tried it can tell me

2.) Why does the skill tree suggested different than what OP is currently running? Mainly wondering why it's different, especially the suggested skill tree is using "Arrow Dancing" but OP isn't.

3.) If I were to use Bloodseeker, am I dropping VAAL PACT 100%? , is there any synergy between Bloodseeker instant leech and VAAL PACT?

4.) Do we mainly get our Strength and INT requirement from gears?

5.) The ideal flask set up is kinda confusing to me, on the FAQ we're not using overflowing and wise oak but OP is using them, maybe someone can tell me the ideal set up ? I have seen a lot of elemental build use Wise Oak so I'm not sure about the taste of hate set up, just really confusing to me, which one is best?

6.) Also, we're running a max level CWDT with immortal call, but I thought pretty much everyone run a low level one to proc it more consistently? Again, I might be missing the point here, maybe someone could correct me ?

7.) Since levelling "Frostbite" increases the amount of "- cold resistances to enemy", am I correct for saying , we should run a medium level CWDT set up for max effectiveness?

8.) Is it worth subbing out Ice bite or maybe something else for Damage on full life if I were to use bloodseeker?

Sorry for so many questions but its my first time using a pure frostblade build, would love to get some answers! Thanks for reading, really fun build so far <3

edit 1 : Added question number 8, sorry!
Last edited by Raymand on May 6, 2018, 9:17:46 PM
Sorry to ask this, wouldnt the new champion be better (tougher, less gear dependent as no need for accuracy) than raider now?
discord id: dejuvenate#5828
Guides
[3.13 Ritual] Flameslinger - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3009295
[3.5 Betrayal] Brutus AW Chieftain - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2320224
[3.4 Delve] Toxic Rain - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2207700
"
Raymand wrote:
Hey

Been playing this build as my starter this league (Flashback), it's been really fun but I have a few questions

1.) Does running "Point Blank" make any sense in this pure Frostblade build? I'm new to Frostblade so it would be really helpful if someone who tried it can tell me

2.) Why does the skill tree suggested different than what OP is currently running? Mainly wondering why it's different, especially the suggested skill tree is using "Arrow Dancing" but OP isn't.

3.) If I were to use Bloodseeker, am I dropping VAAL PACT 100%? , is there any synergy between Bloodseeker instant leech and VAAL PACT?

4.) Do we mainly get our Strength and INT requirement from gears?

5.) The ideal flask set up is kinda confusing to me, on the FAQ we're not using overflowing and wise oak but OP is using them, maybe someone can tell me the ideal set up ? I have seen a lot of elemental build use Wise Oak so I'm not sure about the taste of hate set up, just really confusing to me, which one is best?

6.) Also, we're running a max level CWDT with immortal call, but I thought pretty much everyone run a low level one to proc it more consistently? Again, I might be missing the point here, maybe someone could correct me ?

7.) Since levelling "Frostbite" increases the amount of "- cold resistances to enemy", am I correct for saying , we should run a medium level CWDT set up for max effectiveness?

8.) Is it worth subbing out Ice bite or maybe something else for Damage on full life if I were to use bloodseeker?

Sorry for so many questions but its my first time using a pure frostblade build, would love to get some answers! Thanks for reading, really fun build so far <3

edit 1 : Added question number 8, sorry!

1. It's mostly useless for us.

2. Fiver's current tree is only very slightly different. Likely just because he wanted something else in the meantime and had to give a few things up. Just go get lvl 100 then you can have everything! Also Arrow dancing can be pretty op, but if you end up past the evasion cap for projectiles (95%) you might as well take it off.

3.Vaal pact is no longer instant leech, it just doubles your leech per second. so it's benefit is different to blood seeker, why would they not stack?

4.Yup

These are my flasks, asides from missing maybe a % off a stat they are perfect. copy them. Overflowing and wise oak are like 10c max start of league, taste of hate is 300c+ if you can afford taste of hate it's usually pretty good. Oak can help cap your res early game too, and until you can get it elsewhere 10% cold pen is alright.

6. Fiver's running a high lvl CWDT to have it also proc his golem. Personally I went the low lvl immortal call route as well. Feel free to change your gem set-up to suit your preferences as long as you have everything thats required slotted in somewhere.

7. I mean if you want to, low lvl works fine as well. Or you could just get ele weakness tombfists if you have too much money :P

8. Here's my gem set-up advice from earlier:

If you want maximum boss output I think the best set-up would be:
1G 4R 1B
Frost Blades> Multistrike > Ruthless > Dmg on full life > Ele Dmg > Ele Focus
Since freeze/chill aren't as useful

For mapping if you need the dmg I think the best set-up for dps/survivability is:
2G 4R
Frost Blades > Hypothermia > Multistrike > Dmg on full life > Ele Dmg > Ruthless/Ancestral Call
Hypothermia is a powerful gem and is only a few % less dps than ele focus, but freezing everything means rares can't hit back and freezesplozions look pretty.

For mapping speed if you have high dps, and gear:
2G 4R
Frost blades > Chain > Ancestral Call > Multistrike > Dmg on full life > Ele dmg
I manage to clear T15 with this pretty quick, but i have a decent amount of gear. incl hh.

For the time being you probs want to run the middle set-up. Also Dmg on full life is even easier to use with blood seeker, so definitely.
"
dejuvenate wrote:
Sorry to ask this, wouldnt the new champion be better (tougher, less gear dependent as no need for accuracy) than raider now?

I mean this isn't really a budget character/build. Pure FB is always going to be gear dependent, lyco is honestly one of my cheapest equipped items.

Depending on what ascendancies were talking champion could give us a little bit of defenses but it just doesn't synergise well with this build.
Raider provides A LOT of speed and dmg. (Like 77% bonus attack speed? Yes please?) It also provides a lot of evasion boosts and some flat evade chance too. Here we live by the old adage Offense is the best form of Defense.

In short, raider is amazing, you should use it. :P
@1benjy1

Thank you so much for answering most of my questions, would be really useful to me to progress further

I think I have made up my mind that I would be running

Damage on Full Life in my frost blade set up

Arrow Dancing because it seems good from what you said

Definitely trying to get your flask set up :)

Probably two medium level CWDT set up for both golems, immortal call and frostbite/frostbomb

It also seems like from what you said, running Vaal Pact with Bloodseeker seems like a good idea too, so I will do that I think

, Do you have any final thoughts on what I said ? Tips & tricks for the build maybe? Since you seem really experienced with the build haha

Also, what do you think about blood magic for whirling blades? That's all I got for now

1. ) It doesn't seems like Ice bite is in any of your set up, is it just worse than other choice? Like damage on full life

Again thank you so much benjy1!

edit : 1 , added a question :) , sorry!!! I know!!
Last edited by Raymand on May 7, 2018, 5:21:25 AM
"
Raymand wrote:
@1benjy1

Thank you so much for answering most of my questions, would be really useful to me to progress further

I think I have made up my mind that I would be running

Damage on Full Life in my frost blade set up

Arrow Dancing because it seems good from what you said

Definitely trying to get your flask set up :)

Probably two medium level CWDT set up for both golems, immortal call and frostbite/frostbomb

It also seems like from what you said, running Vaal Pact with Bloodseeker seems like a good idea too, so I will do that I think

, Do you have any final thoughts on what I said ? Tips & tricks for the build maybe? Since you seem really experienced with the build haha

Also, what do you think about blood magic for whirling blades? That's all I got for now

1. ) It doesn't seems like Ice bite is in any of your set up, is it just worse than other choice? Like damage on full life

Again thank you so much benjy1!

edit : 1 , added a question :) , sorry!!! I know!!

You can run blood magic if you want, but honestly unless you needed to backtrack through a whole map, it's not that necessary. Especially since we're running vaal pact.

1. Ice bite is better than added cold. But I dropped using either for melee phys, and then dropped that for dmg on full life. If you aren't attacking at full life or have enough base phys for melee phys (like you need a 350pdps+ weapon before they break-even) then run Icebite. With 9 Frenzy charges it's good.

Your welcome to look at my character if that helps.
@1benjy1

Well, I guess I shouldn't run blood magic on whirling blades then, might just keep it at a 3 Link or using reduced mana, not sure though

Yeah, I was mainly wondering if Ice bite is straightly worse than damage on full life, from what you said, it seems like that is the case

btw, what Pantheon are you running? Or just using the ones Fiver suggested

so yea, nothing much really ,just need to grind more now

I will for sure check your character and Fiver's character and see what you guys are using/doing, probably not going to copy everything but yea

Thank you very much man <3

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info