[3.15] Fivers Frost Blades Raider (Outdated)

"
codcw wrote:
"
Mastiis wrote:
Hello, trying to find a new build to play and found this build, I have a few question :

How good is the tankiness ?

I'm not a bad player nor good, so idk if I can survive with a evasion based.

do you still die by a random hit from nowhere ?

I tried a build with flicker raider, can do all content pretty fast but I die pretty often too (it took me 3 portal for the normal shaper)

hope you can help me :P

You will get oneshots pretty often, unless you will always reroll dmg mods on map, i have capped res, 16k evasion, 4.5k hp and i'm always dying :'(
Maybe you need to invest way more in this build to reduce deaths.

4.5k is pretty low. I can have a look at your gear etc if you want me to, later. Need to prepare for stream rn though.
I'm pretty low myself right now though, only got 4.8k. But that's still enough to kill awakener 8.

Don't panic.
"
Mastiis wrote:
Hello, trying to find a new build to play and found this build, I have a few question :

How good is the tankiness ?

I'm not a bad player nor good, so idk if I can survive with a evasion based.

do you still die by a random hit from nowhere ?

I tried a build with flicker raider, can do all content pretty fast but I die pretty often too (it took me 3 portal for the normal shaper)

hope you can help me :P

Like Codcw said, you will get oneshot every now and then since you have pretty low HP, but usually that's not a problem. I don't die much when mapping. It's the occasional misstep every now and then.

You should be able to reach 5.2 pretty easily, but even that's pretty low.
That said, I'm killing awakener 8 at 4.8k hp right now (which is very low).

No deathless attempts yet though.

Don't panic.
Starting my stream in about 15 minutes. If you need help with anything over the next 6-7 hours (or just want to hang out), then feel free to join me and you will get quicker answers.

http://www.twitch.tv/holyfivr

Don't panic.
"
Fiver wrote:
"
ElysiumAB wrote:
Thanks so much Fiver!

I'm subbed to you on Twitch. :)

Curious though - why are Darkray Vectors so good? I actually already bought a pair, since they are in the guide - but I don't really understand the mechanics or why they're justified?

Cheers.

We are stacking frenzy charges pretty heavily, and we get a lot of bonuses from frenzy charges from darkray vectors. They also give us one extra.
You gotta remember that every frenzy charge we get gives us both damage/evasion/attack speed etc.

Thank you!

It helps me make changes when I understand the reason behind them, still learning.

I appreciate your time and response.
"
Fiver wrote:

4.5k is pretty low. I can have a look at your gear etc if you want me to, later. Need to prepare for stream rn though.
I'm pretty low myself right now though, only got 4.8k. But that's still enough to kill awakener 8.

Yeah, that would be nice, i really need to know what to improve, and your opinion about claw i recently crafted would be good too.
Btw, i think the conversation about evasion build tankiness is pointless tho.
Also, i got an idea of crafting redeemer/shaper ring, what do you think about it? It's way easier to get frostbite COH than a asmark, since you can use cold modifier fossils, and redeemer rings have nice mod # to # cold per frenzy charge.
I'm on the verge of being done with the league, having played enough of it. I still have an open suffix on my chest for my guardian orb achievement (the only one remaining before I hit 36) and on my gloves because I intended to replace my shaper ring with another one without the aspect of the cat. I haven't managed to hit 4R2G on my chest, making me unable to go rage - berserk.

I found this build quite fun. I managed to hit 301 deaths upon killing A10 Kitava, which kinda reflects the global feel of this build : if you're hit, you'll be hit hard. Even with my current gear, I sometimes get oneshot without even understanding how (and it's not because of my -60% chaos resistance). Speaking of which, the -60% chaos is sometimes quite painful to deal with and the poison immunity pantheon is a must-have. Bleeding immunity is extremely helpful too.
I've beaten A8 Sirus, the negative chaos resistance isn't much of an issue once the boss mechanics are well understood. The hardest part of the fight after the storms were "fixed" is dodging his "Die" beam while his rotary beams are present.

As a rough idea of the cost of the build, I'm currently at 1.2M shaper dps, 2mil with flasks up, 5.5k hp, 92% evasion, 62/30 dodge
claw : 4ex
shield : 1ex
starkonja : 10c
chest : 1ex and probably upwards of 2k fusings...
amulet : 1ex
mark of the elder : 50c
shaper ring : 1.5ex
belt : 30c
gloves : 100c
darkray vector : 10c
lethal pride : 250c
fight for survival with corrupted blood : 200c

"

Clearly there are more effective builds with such an investment (cough, summoner) but I did have a good time. It'd probably have been better in a more suited league as evasion based, low EHP builds can have a hard time against some metamorphs.

Thank you very much Fiver for the build, I had been eyeing it for the past 2 leagues and I don't regret it.
Last edited by bipsylalapo on Jan 31, 2020, 5:28:58 PM
Just wanted to give my 2c into the discussion, after review of afonsosp videos,that was what you call "breaking the game" the build/gear he's got is on point. IMO swords are king atm and claws take a back seat!! until I see otherwise...

get a paradox/savior = win unless I am totally off here, i do have a 537 dps claw up for sale atm. "rift barb imperial claw" on meta !

Feel free to look at my char. "i need to respec lab" to onslaught again.

My gloves I have shaper's with frenzy not on atm. and my gems I play with, awakened pen /for hypothermia ect.
This is "thebutternut" posting threw steam as I was not sure my post was transparent for you to see my character:)

ATM my LP jewel is= 5% dd, 10% intimidate , 10 % inc fortify, 5% phys as extra fire.
my other LP jewel = 15 crit multi, 10% inc forti, 5% dd, 5% dd, 5% phys as fire, regen 1% life, 20% inc phys, 20% inc phys, 4% inc life

And that's just the good shiaat I listed from jewel.

Let me know the jewel you would pick between the two. reason I ask is: I heard go for intimidate at all costs first as primary, but I am unsure atm until I learn to POB good XD

Edit: the farrul's fur I think is a big win and fun factor for the build, you walk around with all the nice green and blue orbs around you non stop!! it also seems to Synergize well with the avatar of the veil for perma phasing and the benifits that go with that. (lower dps than chase).

I love frost blades and my goal is to maximize it to the fullest, but atm I feel it needs some real $$ and love thrown at it.

Fiver thank you for sharing your build and please keep playing it :)

Keep on keeping on!

In the end tldr: fun , fast, awsome mapper and can be a boss killa but you gotta come strong with $$ :)

Gear for fast ref.
Last edited by Shug on Feb 1, 2020, 2:39:18 AM
Hello,

I have a lot of fun with this build but i’m pretty new with evasion build. So i have few question :

1. How do you get more than 75% evasion ? (Currently have 12k evasion, ~50%/40/30

2. is the sulphur flask good with this build ?(maybe i’m bad, but i have the flash who push the monster away, which one should i get rid off)

3. Any tips to keep flask always up ?

4. Currently have pandemonius, should i try to get a rare with elemental damage modifier ?

5. I crafted a chest with « attack have % critical » and « enemies explode dealing 3% of their life as Pdmg », is it really worth or should i aim a other chest with dmg/hp/attack % crit modifier ?

Last edited by Mastiis on Feb 1, 2020, 6:47:52 AM
"
codcw wrote:
"
Fiver wrote:

Yeah, that would be nice, i really need to know what to improve, and your opinion about claw i recently crafted would be good too.
Btw, i think the conversation about evasion build tankiness is pointless tho.
Also, i got an idea of crafting redeemer/shaper ring, what do you think about it? It's way easier to get frostbite COH than a asmark, since you can use cold modifier fossils, and redeemer rings have nice mod # to # cold per frenzy charge.

Sorry for taking so much time, had my hands full with stuff, but I'm taking a look at your character right now.

Before I go into gear and all that, I just wanna make a quick note that you have very low life. when looking at your PoB you are at around 4.4k. I suspect you get some from your lethal pride as well though.
You also dont have maxed fire resist. And when Taste of Hate isn't activated, you're also only at 74% cold res. It's only 2% (since you have survivalist) but it's important to fix.

I don't really see anything wrong with your skilltree. Everything is the way it should there. You're moving towards claws of the falcon which is great. It will give you a lot of damage when you get it next level.

You've taken most of the life nodes, which is also great. There are one or two that you can still take. I would go for those after CotF.

As for your items.

The claw is alright. I'm actually surprised you get as much damage from it as you do, since it's only a T2 cold roll. But it performs about the same as a 400Pdps claw, so it works for now.
You ideally want a claw with cold penetration on it when you can get one, but that requires using influence exalts, which may make it expensive.
But keep it for now.

Your shield is also pretty good. It would be ideal if you got a shield with 15% reduced mana reservation, since it would allow you to get something like aspect of the cat, which would improve both survivability and damage.
But your shield gives both life/evasion/chaos res/ele res. So it's not high priority.

Your helm has a pretty low life roll and the enchant is only the merciless version. If you want to try to craft one, I suggest just buying a base that already has 40% frost blades damage and making it yourself. Use frigid fossils until you hit a decent one. They are pretty cheap. You don't need to use pristines unless you already have a bunch, since they cost more.

Your armour is good. Shame on the T2 crit instead of T1, but the rest is good. It can have more life, but the way it looks right now is just fine. The evasion is also good on it, so that's a bonus.

If you can get a pair, Shaper's Touch with +1 frenzy aren't super expensive at this point in the league. You can get a pair for 30-40 chaos. I would recommend getting a pair. You can fix the socket colours in the crafting bench.

Instead of the movespeed corruption on your darkray vector's I would run Uberlab for the enchant that penetrates 10% elemental resistances if you haven't killed recently. It's incredibly strong and there are only 16 possible boot enchants that you can get, so it's pretty farmable since you can use Twice Enchanted prophecy (like 1-2c), and grab all the darkshrines, and you can have up to 3 enchants per run.

Your amulet is awesome.

A ring with Assassin's Mark on it would be huge. I would try to get that when you can. Your belt is pretty bad. You can get a lot better for pretty cheap.
https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Metamorph/mkPD4leh6
You can also try crafting your own belt. Use Frigid + Prismatic + Pristine. If you are lucky you can get Elemental damage + Cold damage + Elemental damage with attacks on the same belt. (check the one I have)

I like the jewel in the belt though. That one is pretty neat.

Flasks are all great. You can actually replace ToH or Atziri's Promise for a bottled faith for an extreme boost in your burst damage, but that's expensive.

I would try to get another Watcher's Eye or a good Rare Jewel. If you get a rare jewel with some crit multiplier on it, then it would likely do more damage. The life you get from Watcher's Eye is great though.
When looking for wather's eyes I would recommend getting the crit/added cold/ele pen versions. They are stronger.

I don't know what stats you have on your Lethal Pride, but I'll list the best ones.
Chance to intimidate is #1.
Double damage is close second.
After that Crit muti > Crit chance > melee/phys damage.

As for your skills I just have a few pointers.
Awakened cold penetration is great, but Hypothermia actually provides more damage.
Not by much, but I'll put it out there anyway.

I would suggest swapping your frost bomb into a cast on crit setup your whirling blades. Of course you want to get an Assassin's Mark ring first.
The advantage of doing this is not only that you get one less skill to use when you want to burst, but using whirling blades in fights to roll through enemies is incredibly important to keep Fortify up.
Fortify is an incredible boost in defense. So try to keep that one up as much as possible.

Another tip that you can do is add your Flame Dash to the same item as your Ancestral warchief/protector and cull. Culling strike works on flame dash too, so it's another good option to cull with.

When you manage to get a -15% mana reservation make sure to swap to a level 1 precision.

I know that your main issue right now was survival, but I think there's a mix of things that plays into that part. Your main problem would be your life pool though.
But other things, like keeping fortify active, is also a big part.

I hope some of this can help you out. :)

Don't panic.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info