[3.15] Fivers Frost Blades Raider (Outdated)

"
Fiver wrote:
"
Mavrcks wrote:
Any thoughts on what I can do better? https://pastebin.com/61ULdgb4
Im just hitting red maps and took wayyyy to many alterations to craft my barely okay claw. But I love this class/build so much. Its alot of fun. Ill answer any questions I can

I wouldn't use enhance together with your Herald of Ice, since it increases the mana reservation.

You didn't have vaal haste enabled in the PoB, so I enabled it.
After switching AC to Ruthless and adding the multistrike-flask you sit at around 3.1m shaper dps (with starkonja). That's not bad.

I'm assuming you have a lethal pride as well, but those don't get imported to PoB, so let's just assume you do a little more than that.

Like you say, the claw is probably the thing that could upgrade right now that would give the highest dmg boost.

The body armour is also something I would consider getting a new one. The amount of life you can get from a rare nowadays is unbeatable.
If you have a little currency, this can also be an incredible damage boost if you get a body armour with crit/maim.

There's not much to say about your skill tree really. You are on the right track.
You need to get quality on your gems, and if possible, try to get some 21/20.

You could be well above 6M shaper dps if you did the changes I mentioned. (With Abyssus)

Thank you for the reply. Yes I have vaal haste in 21/23, how often should I be popping that? Is multistrike still broken that I should run that and not the gem? I do have lethal pride sitting in my tree but no watchers eye. I wanted a good T1 across the board claw but after close to 2.5k alts i was discouraged and took what i could get. I have a well rolled loreweave, I was trying out QotF for just map clearing. I will look into a rare maim chest. Thanks again for the help
Last edited by Mavrcks on Jul 18, 2019, 8:17:40 PM
ok what am i missing here? i have full items hh and all the shit , but dps is 35k on frostblade? wtf?
"
ok what am i missing here? i have full items hh and all the shit , but dps is 35k on frostblade? wtf?

Are you looking at your in-game dps?

If so, it’s never reliable.
There’s a lot of things that aren’t taken into consideration for that one. Like, curses, penetration, frost bomb, enemies being chilled, blind, onslaught if you are in your hideout, charges if you aren’t fully stacked, etc.
If you don’t have PoB, I suggest you get it and look there instead.
You can import your character and adjust the configuration tab, so it takes all the above things into the calculation.

I’ll have a look at your character when i get home from work. If you haven’t done it already, go to your privacy settings and set your account and stuff to public. Otherwise you can’t import them to PoB.

Edit: I made a comment on your character further down on this page after having a look at it.

Don't panic.
Last edited by Fiver on Jul 19, 2019, 9:20:14 AM
"

Thank you for the reply. Yes I have vaal haste in 21/23, how often should I be popping that? Is multistrike still broken that I should run that and not the gem? I do have lethal pride sitting in my tree but no watchers eye. I wanted a good T1 across the board claw but after close to 2.5k alts i was discouraged and took what i could get. I have a well rolled loreweave, I was trying out QotF for just map clearing. I will look into a rare maim chest. Thanks again for the help

Pop it whenever you feel like you want an extra burst. Tough rares(like red beasts), monolith encounters, etc. It is very useful to have as an extra burst on bosses.
Throw out ancestral protector, pop berserk, pop vaal haste, and watch them melt.
But it recharges pretty quick, so use it whenever.

Multistrike in PoB is still broken. That’s why I make a flask to simulate it instead, in PoB. You can see how in the skill section in the guide. As for in-game I honestly don’t know. I hear conflicting info about it.
I use it.

If you need help crafting a claw hit me up in game and I’ll hook you up. I really enjoy helping out people who play the build. :)
Though, if you want to craft a T1 ”across the board” claw, you’re gonna have to spend a lot more than 2.5k alts. That’s a very long and expensive process.

Don't panic.
Last edited by Fiver on Jul 19, 2019, 7:17:07 AM
"

Skillgems:
Ok, so I'm looking at your PoB, and the first thing I notice is that you have Ice Bite instead of Rage. I understand if this is a temporary solution to not having the right sockets but you should replace ruthless instead, in that case.
Not having Rage also means not having Berserk. A huge damage burst.
You do have berserk equipped, but it actually doesn't give you anything since you can't stack rage stacks.

Your skillgems are all very low level. Your frost blades is only lvl 13. Your Multistrike only lvl 7. Your hypothermia only lvl 8. That is a HUGE loss in damage. Specially the Frost Blades gem.
Buy 20/20 gems or at least 20/0 gems until you can get better ones. They are usually not that expensive.
You seem to have a Curse on Hit gem equipped for no reason. You have an Assassins Mark ring, so you don't need that.
Your Hatred is only lvl 8. Get a better one.

When measuring your DPS in PoB, don't forget to replace your ancestral call with Ruthless and fix a flask to simulate Multistrike. Check the skill-section in the guide on how to do that.

Items:
You need other flasks. You shouldn't need a Jade flask or Quicksilver flask. Get rid of those and get a Diamond flask (with Anti-Freeze or Anti-Bleed) and a Lion's Roar. Lion's Roar is HUGE damage.

I'm not sure what the purpose of your watcher's eye is. It doesn't give you any buffs at all. We don't use Grace, Wrath or Purity of Ice. Get one with Hatred, or use a rare until you can afford one.

You have a Murderous Eye Jewel in your Tombfist that doesn't give you anything at all. We don't use maces.

I would consider looking at a rare body armour. QOTF is nice and all, but has very low HP, and gives you nothing in terms of offensive stats.
Try to get a chest with at least 100+ Maximum Life and 10%+ Inc Max Life. If you have currency, see if you can find one with Crit or Maim on it.

^ Like that one.
This is also a slot that could help you with your resists otherwise. Replacing QOTF will lose you some (though your cold res is already way above the max limit).

You need to fix your resists afaict. Unless you get lots of resists from your Lethal Pride, you don't have maxed resists. Get them on Jewels if you have to.
Your Assassin's Mark ring still has room for one more Suffix. You can get some resists there.

Skilltree:
I don't have that much to comment on really. There's one thing.
I think you should have gotten Phase Acrobatics much earlier.
If I were you right now, I would regret the jewel slot you use your watcher's eye in, since it doesn't do anything anyway. That's 3 passive points. It seems like you also should have one more passive point to place. Maybe you've missed a quest? Your skilltree right now reflects a lvl 94 character.
So if you remove the nodes by your watchers eye, you should have 4 passive points. If you don't I would remove the +30 str node. You shouldn't need that if you have a Lethal Pride.
Either way, I would use those points to get Phase Acrobatics.
30% spell dodge and 10% attack dodge is a big deal.

With only these changes:
- The things in the skilltree
- The flasks
- The skillgems (levels and the right gems etc)
You would be at roughly 3M Shaper dps with Starkonja equipped.
With Abyssus you would be 4M+. These are both without taking your lethal pride into account.

With changes to your items, like replacing that jewel and getting a crit/maim chest, you could be a lot higher. Also please note that Head Hunter brings down your DPS against most bosses. It's awesome for clearing and bosses that you don't need to zone for (like map bosses).
But if you're fighting bosses like Shaper or Uber Elder, it's bringing down your dps a lot. A stygian belt with good damage on it, along with a good Jewel in it would be a lot better for that. Same goes for the Inspired Learning jewel.

I'll include a pastebin where I have changed the stuff I mentioned above (so no item changes other than the flasks). I don't know if you have PoB or not, so I'll include a link to an online version.

Pastebin for PoB: https://pastebin.com/KD4Y4TXj
Online version: https://pob.party/share/manautateiyona

I hope this helps. :)

Don't panic.
Last edited by Fiver on Jul 19, 2019, 9:03:33 AM
Thanks alot Fiver for this very nice guide! Not posting often in the forums but here i just had to. Wanted to try out something with my currency in Std and got a rly nice setup together and everything just melts :)
"
NeBuLa199 wrote:
Thanks alot Fiver for this very nice guide! Not posting often in the forums but here i just had to. Wanted to try out something with my currency in Std and got a rly nice setup together and everything just melts :)

Awesome! Yeah the damage is insane when you have good stuff. :)

I’m glad you’re enjoying it!

Don't panic.
oh the gear im using its from my deadeye mf windripper kkk i didnt buy all items yet...i just put for test
is this right? armour costs 15-20ex? with crit just like yours ?
"
oh the gear im using its from my deadeye mf windripper kkk i didnt buy all items yet...i just put for test

Oh alright, that explains some.

"
is this right? armour costs 15-20ex? with crit just like yours ?

Yes, an armour like mine costs that much. But you don't have to get one that is exactly like mine. I have both Maim and Crit on it, which is really rare.
Having just one of those is extremely good.

Don't panic.
Last edited by Fiver on Jul 19, 2019, 4:09:10 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info