Bug - Wrong base type

Trying to craft dex onto a scepter to get past dex reqs. Saying wrong base type. Can be applied to Thrusting one hand swords. Two hand swords, Two hand axes, claws, Daggers, One hand sword, One hand axes. One hand maces.

Scepter is a one hand mace, but will not allow crafting of dex, will however allow crafting of strengh onto it.

http://prntscr.com/i6l403
Last bumped on Feb 18, 2018, 12:55:09 PM
Scepters are sometimes considered to be one-handed maces, and sometimes not, depending on what mood the game is in at the time. In this context “one-handed mace” refers to the Strength version of maces, but not the Strength / Intelligence hybrid known as a sceptre.
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
Last edited by Sarno on Jan 28, 2018, 2:34:43 AM
Thanks for the clarification. Its a bit harsh to expect newer crafters to know about that though. Unsure on how they could clarify it on the crafting station though. ah well.
Personally I think it's just incredibly poor design - scepters should always be referred to as such, and then there wouldn't be any confusion. But that's a rant for another time. :P
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
Gasp. You imply that us POE players rant... Don't get me started on that or I shall be applying forceful wording in long paragraphs about particular areas of discussion :D
Yes I agree this is confusing.

"Mace" is a weapon type. This type includes "One hand maces", "Two hand maces", and "Sceptres" as sub-types. Sceptres are maces that you wield in one hand, but they are not the "One hand mace" weapon type.

Modifiers to Maces apply to all maces: one hand, two hand, and sceptres.

Modifiers to One hand maces apply only to the "One hand mace" weapon type.

If GGG wants some unsolicited advice: rename the sub-types to "clubs", "mauls", and "scepters" respectively.
Last edited by Abdiel_Kavash on Feb 18, 2018, 12:59:33 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info