Somebody some how got my credit card number!

OMIGOD I have never had this happen (I am careful). Citibank sent me a message saying there was suspicious activity in Malta of all places. Well, now they have canceled the card and have to fedex a new one Monday. :(

I don't use this card online generally. Last it was used for groceries and to buy a new computer when wife's went south around the turn of the year. Not online.

How could someone possibly get the card number?

Any ideas? Should I take any other action?
Censored.
Last bumped on Jan 28, 2018, 2:07:21 PM
card cloning is a thing.
Build of the week #9 - Breaking your face with style http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_EcQDOUN9Y
IGN: Poltun
possibly the Equifax junk last year? over 50% of the US's citizens info taken. or skimmers or if you have any kids, they learned how to steal, or something else.
rawr. fear me.
Could have been the Equifax thing, sure. I don't have any kids. If I did and they stole it I would send them to a military school! LOL
Censored.
That sucks, dude.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
was equifax data not encrypted?
Build of the week #9 - Breaking your face with style http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_EcQDOUN9Y
IGN: Poltun
Maybe it's because your number is easy to get. What's your credit card number?
People can remember numbers and pins from cards just only once looking at it.

There was times when small cameras was checking numbers and pins in ATMs. Dunno if it is still an issue.

Copy machines insides card readers was once thing too. If that still works, hard to tell.
Last edited by Rexeos on Jan 28, 2018, 7:08:40 AM
"
diablofb wrote:
Maybe it's because your number is easy to get. What's your credit card number?

ROFL Wouldn't do you any good, that card is cancelled and they are fedexing a new one Monday.

"
faerwin wrote:
was equifax data not encrypted?

Nope it wasn't. Which is why I have thought from the beginning that it wasn't so much a loss or theft of data but more like a commercial transaction. I'm waiting for Congress to do investigations on it but they are more concerned with stupid shit as usual. God forbid they should be interested in something that affects millions of their constituents.
Censored.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info