[3.2] Dual Wield Molten Strike Ascendant | Fast Clear Speed | High Single Target | All Content

"
"
peterfang93 wrote:

I know shaper have resistance against curses, didnt know it has high evasion value. Can you provide a thread that states this?
If your hit chance is 70% against shaper, 100/70=1.43, making what u say true, higher dmg than overload without needing it to proc.

Its under "Mechanics" https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Accuracy#Unique_accuracy_stats

look at the graph it says how much chance to hit you have depending on the EVA/AC, depending on how much the monster's evasion is at (graph has up to 5k eva, 4k accuracy) I don't have the information on how much evasion Shaper or any other monster's have, but seeing those numbers means there are bosses with up to 5k evasion.

But even without those numbers, you can notice in-game how more consistant the damage is against any monsters.

I feel like the in-game accuracy isn't that far off. Otherwise bow characters are pretty much screwed.
Also, the evasion in the graph shows up to 5*10^4, that's 50k, seems ridiculously high.
According to the charts, if the monsters on lv90 have 5000 evasion, the formula becomes
Spoiler

Hit Chance = AA/(AA+1250^0.8) = AA/(AA+300)
Take my lv84 character for example, currently sitting at accuracy 2700.
Hit Chance = 2700/3000 = 90%.

If monster has 10000 evasion ---> Hit% = 2700/2700+522 ~= 83.8% ---> resolute technique offers 19% more damage.

I feel like in normal circumstances, where map mods doesn't lower your acc to shit or has increased eva, RT won't be that much of an impact.

But having RT could free up your acc requirements on gear and dex, giving you more flexibility in customizing your gear.
Based on my current gear there is only a 9k DPS difference in Elemental Overload and the 3 elemental nodes + RT, that's based on EO been up the entire time which it isn't unfortunately.

So there isn't too much of a difference, you will notice I have little if no accuracy on gear and all pure damage.
"
Boltonsquads wrote:
Based on my current gear there is only a 9k DPS difference in Elemental Overload and the 3 elemental nodes + RT, that's based on EO been up the entire time which it isn't unfortunately.

So there isn't too much of a difference, you will notice I have little if no accuracy on gear and all pure damage.

They should give EO a character effect to make it more tempting.
Just attempted shaper and got wrecked so hard. Thought I was ready but I guess not.

"
Valineth wrote:
Just attempted shaper and got wrecked so hard. Thought I was ready but I guess not.

You need a 6th link for dmg boost. If you cant afford a Belly, try to get corrupted 6L chest with the exact colors you want.

Also, I think 1 jewel Tombfist good enough with 1 murderous jewel. Go for 2 abyss socket Tombfist ONLY IF you are going to use those abyss boots as well.

I killed Shaper day before yesterday but that was with 6L chest and +3 enchantment. You can check my gear on previous page if you want.

Also, see if you can get a lvl 22 Anger amulet / ring in your setup. It gives lots of dmg boost. And dont feel shy to change those boots. Im using rare ones with more life and resis.
Last edited by whiteyfang on Mar 21, 2018, 11:38:10 PM
"
Valineth wrote:

Shaper skills has 25% cold pen, so you should try to reach 100% cold resist. Otherwise, dodge all projectiles.
Even aside from getting 1 shot if I got hit by anything (ball barrage i could take one without dying) I felt the damage wasnt there. I know my gear isnt 100% optimized but I thought (before the attempt) the damage was there.

P.S. Sorry if I didnt make much sense, just got off work and thoroughly exhausted.
"
Valineth wrote:
Even aside from getting 1 shot if I got hit by anything (ball barrage i could take one without dying) I felt the damage wasnt there. I know my gear isnt 100% optimized but I thought (before the attempt) the damage was there.

P.S. Sorry if I didnt make much sense, just got off work and thoroughly exhausted.

It's harder to reach the same damage level as 3.1 with same budget. What lvl were you when u tried Shaper?
Just a quick update:

The build with my current gear isn't able to do uber lab, take far too much damage from traps however a quick switch to the 4 piece Craiceann's set just on a 5L is able to farm uber lab all day long for all you lab runners out there :)

It costs around 45c for the full 4 piece set, body, helmet, gloves and boots.
Last edited by Boltonsquads on Mar 22, 2018, 8:33:05 AM
"
peterfang93 wrote:
"
Valineth wrote:

It's harder to reach the same damage level as 3.1 with same budget. What lvl were you when u tried Shaper?

I was level 86 when I attempted shaper.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info