Life Leech bug?

There seems to be something strange going on when I use Blood Rage and have life leech, it seems to lower my max life. Now I'm fairly new to the game so I'm not sure if this is actually a bug or I'm missing something so please let me know if I'm somehow causing it.

I've included three different clips of it happening below, basically what happens is as life leech is healing me it gradually lowers my max life and I can only heal up to that arbitrary cap. Not even life flasks do it. This is usually manageable because eventually it does reset back to max life or near enough to max life. But sometimes my life gets capped so low that I have to keep healing with flasks to prevent Blood Rage from killing me. If I let it kill me, one of two things happen (both examples shown in the recorded clips). I either appear to die but then a second or two later get back up with full life, as if the game realizes my life shouldn't actually be that low? Or I appear to die but get no option to respawn and am unable to move or use any abilities. If I log out and back in, I do not get the experience penalty so I guess the death doesn't count.

And yes I've tried playing after this latest patch and it's still the same as far as I can tell.

Recorded clips:

http://xboxclips.com/Snoop+with+a+Y/629f2e5a-91fc-4d7c-9b29-e56c82505bce

http://xboxclips.com/Snoop+with+a+Y/d1554d91-edd9-47c5-a828-85cf8ba23289

http://xboxclips.com/Snoop+with+a+Y/de879393-8bba-47f9-b254-8f729c6af996

Thanks for reading.

EDIT: After playing some more it seems like my life goes back to normal after I'm hit by an enemy. Weird.
Last edited by snoopyt7 on Jan 28, 2018, 8:00:54 AM
Last bumped on Feb 7, 2018, 2:13:26 AM
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Blood_Rage

The gem has the drawback "take 4% of your maximum life per second as physical damage" One of the best ways to combat this is to up your life regen so that it more closely matches the the 4% life per second loss you are taking so that it drops much slower or if your life regen is high enough you wont be losing life at all if its value exceeds the 4% loss.

Hope I'm explaining this well enough for you to understand whats going on. But its not a bug its just a game mechanic anyhoo.

I just watched the second 2 clips and ive never actually seen that happen before where you fall and get back up? Ive never used blood rage without having matching life regen though so I'm not sure if that's intended or not? Regardless someone else will know more than I, but I would stack some life regen if I was you regardless if you are gonna be using blood rage.
Last edited by SQUINT on Jan 26, 2018, 3:39:09 AM
"
SQUINT wrote:

The gem has the drawback "take 4% of your maximum life per second as physical damage" One of the best ways to combat this is to up your life regen so that it more closely matches the the 4% life per second loss you are taking so that it drops much slower or if your life regen is high enough you wont be losing life at all if its value exceeds the 4% loss.

Hope I'm explaining this well enough for you to understand whats going on. But its not a bug its just a game mechanic anyhoo.

I just watched the second 2 clips and ive never actually seen that happen before where you fall and get back up? Ive never used blood rage without having matching life regen though so I'm not sure if that's intended or not? Regardless someone else will know more than I, but I would stack some life regen if I was you regardless if you are gonna be using blood rage.

I know Blood Rage is why I'm losing life, it's just that I'm not able to heal fully up to my max life after a while for some reason. So something is capping my life and I have no idea if it's a mechanic or a bug to be honest. It seems like a bug because when I actually die, weird things happen.
Weird, I don't have this problem on my slayer when I'm using blood rage... It definetely looks like a bug but I have no idea why you are experiencing this and I don't.
"
snoopyt7 wrote:
"
SQUINT wrote:

I know Blood Rage is why I'm losing life, it's just that I'm not able to heal fully up to my max life after a while for some reason. So something is capping my life and I have no idea if it's a mechanic or a bug to be honest. It seems like a bug because when I actually die, weird things happen.

Ya I'm sure you're right. Those last 2 clips are very strange indeed. If its not a bug its an animation that ive never seen before and I'm certain I would have replicated it at some point during my time playing.
Wow that looks nasty. Have you tried placing the skills a bit around, or that maybe some skill + some unique combination is causing it? I also used blood rage in one of my builds, never had this problem, but I read that some skills in some slots or incombination with uniques re not working as intended.

Hope you can figure it out, but plain leech and plain blood rage should work under normal circumstances.
I was in a map the other day that was causing that when I used blood rage my life would start dropping immediately I assumed it was a map debuff turned blood rage off and I was fine. But regardless of the join date you see on my account I haven't played the game in years so I am also basically new at the game and do not not know what all the debuff icons mean when they pop up. the problem did go away on the next map.
in your case it might have been a no regen map, so no real counter for bloodrages degen.
Would love an update from any GGG staff on this... it's really frustrating to play like this.
"
snoopyt7 wrote:
Would love an update from any GGG staff on this... it's really frustrating to play like this.

Hi Snoopy,

We're going to take a closer look at your character later today to see if we can find an issue with it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info