Theorycraft - Rayler phys poison with instaleech - 1M+ VP DPS against Shaper - PoB Link

This is the template for a phys to poison Ascendant with the Slayer and Raider nodes.

This is NOT a tested build, use it at your own discretion.

Path of Building Link Original build: https://pastebin.com/P1eMHnWp
2,7Mi dps with 220 poison stacks

Path of Building Link with more life: https://pastebin.com/KiZJdKZi
2,4Mi dps with 170 poison stacks

i will probably test the one with more life first and see if i can increase the damage with higher poison stacks

Objectives:
-For softcore
-high dps with poison
-instaleech with bloodseeker
-high tier tanking with overleech
-very high APS
-Boss killer

Features:
-Dendrobate for a 7L Viper strike
-Bloodseeker as main weapon and Breath of Council as off hand
-Tombfist grants intimidation and maim
-Asendancies with overleech and Frenzy charge generation on bosses
-higher leech items (carnage heart, bloodseeker, Atziri's promise)
-Defences mixed with offensive based with evasion as items like starkonja or rat's nest
-Jewels: Growing agony for extra damage and unholy might, Abyss jewels for extra Accuracy rating
-1,8 million dps against shaper (shocked with vaal LT)
-5K life and 6k evasion

Passive Tree:
-Built around poison, attack speed, effect duration and ailments increments.
-Life nodes around duelist, scion and shadow

Challenges:
-Might need to sacrifice damage in order to increase survivability against hit kills
-leech may not be ideal for long fights, which may lead to use dual strike and changing off hand to another weapon (the scourge is the best option around this time)
-shock mechanics may not be reliable as crit is very low on this build
-Hard to get intelligence and cap the resistances.
-I put Vaal pact in the build but is not guaranteed it's effectiveness with the leech cap.
-map mods can be a hassle in higher tiers
-Perhaps still need another skill in a 4L to clear White/blue mobs. Prob Lightning Strike or frost blades.

Other thoughts:
-This build is made for abyss league
-It is possible for a armour variant (kaom's heart + embalmer + berserker ascendancy instead of raider) but it's still in conception as the main skill won't be viper strike
-Viper strike along kaom's + embalmer can give you almost 4k armour and 7,5k life and still gets you 1M dps in the defence variant, but we lose frenzy charge generation on hit
-Leveling is easy, just go for duelist nodes first and then respec the initial points after Merciless lab (raider ascendancy in uber lab)

I am open for discussion and suggestions. FYI the DPS can be reach with crits too but we need to sacrifice a bit of other things that impact in clear speed.
Last edited by Dragoon_Diver on Jan 24, 2018, 1:34:00 PM
Last bumped on Jan 24, 2018, 8:16:43 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info