Why can't we trade MTX?

You need only look at buying directly from valve vs Steam marketplace to know why they wont do it.
This has been asked so many times...
IGN RighteousRom LvL-100 Juggernaut
Mirror Drop T-14 Shrine
How about just reclaiming for fracture of the points original price?
"
Why can't we trade MTX?

The transitive property
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
"
Sarno wrote:
"
BatMan421 wrote:
Why can't we trade MTX?

Account theft.

There’s already losers running around compromising accounts to liquidate them for RMT. Also being able to sell a player’s MTX would increase the damage done to an account, increase the profitability (thus increasing the incentive to hack accounts), and would absolutely require Support intervention - increasing their workload and potentially necessitating the creation of new tools, which eats into valuable programming time (which I believe is often a bottleneck for GGG).

"
Less revenue for GGG too. Why buy that helmet when my friend has 3 of them.

You say this but china already has trade-able mtx on their servers.
"
Boem wrote:
"
Sarno wrote:
"
BatMan421 wrote:
Why can't we trade MTX?

Account theft.

There’s already losers running around compromising accounts to liquidate them for RMT. Also being able to sell a player’s MTX would increase the damage done to an account, increase the profitability (thus increasing the incentive to hack accounts), and would absolutely require Support intervention - increasing their workload and potentially necessitating the creation of new tools, which eats into valuable programming time (which I believe is often a bottleneck for GGG).

You sort of glanced over the obvious issue?

If we can trade MTX's which are bought for real money players would be able to offer mtx's for items within a league.
This would introduce Pay2win to PoE.

Peace,

-Boem-

Well how about this and please pay attention because it's terribly complex; we can only trade mtx for mtx.

In fact, to make it even more fair, the mtx you trade need to belong in the same category. Portal for a portal, gloves for gloves etc.

How about this too, you can only trade your duplicates. Also, you shouldn't be able to trade stuff from the supporter packs.
"
BatMan421 wrote:
Title. Don't see any reason for this not to be a thing.

Pay to Win?

WTS 100 Dollar in Coins for 100 Exalt. Pm me!
How does that sound? Good, eh.
I don't care whether it would be possible to buy/sell skins.
In form of "present box" that you can trade but once opened it's bounded to your account would let GGG make some nice extra money.
Nobody can invade my realm nor generate currency out of nowhere this way. For me it would be fair way to let "free" players also obtain some premium stuff
"
Attlus wrote:

You say this but china already has trade-able mtx on their servers.

China path of exile has trade-able mtx??? Are you sure, can you post the findings here?
Poe 2.0 new trailers when?
Can't believe that no one on the first page even realized that it would make POE 100% pay to win. Peoples like I_No would ask his dad's credit card and buy tons of MTX and sell them for exalts in-game. The whole premise of GGG and its foundation would be destroyed. Everyone on the first page is dense.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info