Why can't we trade MTX?

Ok, I can see why this would be an issue for GGG's income and account theft. Thanks for the info.
Few reasons. One introduces real money as in you tell some no lifer with no bank account I'll trade you a quad tab for a HH. Second if people are gifted things they have no incentive to spend on their own. GGG knows if you got dupes you want to get rid of they will miss a sale. They already have you money they want other guys money too. Finally support nightmare ppl asking to gift items to others all the time.
Git R Dun!
"
You wouldn't believe the amount of dupes I have in my MTX tab it's actually so stupid.

I dont know why but whenever I see your profile picture its monkey covering his eyes with hands.

Its that old lady/young lady picture.. :D

So wanted to say thats why your monkey is covering eyes whenever seeing the dupes in mtx tab lol.

p.s. yeah if i look more its just that girl holding heart. But first 2-5sec its like red nose baboon covering eyes.. its optical illusion.
Poe 2.0 new trailers when?
Last edited by webas on Jan 24, 2018, 8:16:41 AM
"
Sarno wrote:
"
BatMan421 wrote:
Why can't we trade MTX?

Account theft.

There’s already losers running around compromising accounts to liquidate them for RMT. Also being able to sell a player’s MTX would increase the damage done to an account, increase the profitability (thus increasing the incentive to hack accounts), and would absolutely require Support intervention - increasing their workload and potentially necessitating the creation of new tools, which eats into valuable programming time (which I believe is often a bottleneck for GGG).

You sort of glanced over the obvious issue?

If we can trade MTX's which are bought for real money players would be able to offer mtx's for items within a league.
This would introduce Pay2win to PoE.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Also: MTX are supposed to be evidence of support. If they allow trading, then it would be evidence of trading.

When I see a character all blinged out... for the 1 second I'm in town before entering my hideout... I know that person has contributed. Not that that matters to the grand scheme of the cosmos.
"
Boem wrote:
"
Sarno wrote:
"
BatMan421 wrote:
Why can't we trade MTX?

Account theft.

There’s already losers running around compromising accounts to liquidate them for RMT. Also being able to sell a player’s MTX would increase the damage done to an account, increase the profitability (thus increasing the incentive to hack accounts), and would absolutely require Support intervention - increasing their workload and potentially necessitating the creation of new tools, which eats into valuable programming time (which I believe is often a bottleneck for GGG).

You sort of glanced over the obvious issue?

If we can trade MTX's which are bought for real money players would be able to offer mtx's for items within a league.
This would introduce Pay2win to PoE.

Peace,

-Boem-

Nailed it. Only way it would work was if it was MTX that could only be unlocked through playing the game and not spending real money.
Then it would be Play2Win >_>
Deliver pain exquisite
People claim POE is not p2w as there is nothing to win, stash tabs are just convenient way of gathering and selling items and you can be as effective with and without them.
So i have to ask, if that is true how sellable mtx would turn poe into p2w? If there is nothing to win this also means no matter what you can't pay to win.
Less money for GGG? I say it's more money for GGG. Easy solution - add consumable object that grants connected mtx. Once used mtx is bounded to your account and cannot be sold.

SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE
"
karoollll2534 wrote:
So i have to ask, if that is true how sellable mtx would turn poe into p2w? If there is nothing to win this also means no matter what you can't pay to win.

You are totaly missing how a tradable MTX which costs real money could be used to buy an item in game.

Literally, i want to buy x items, i'll give you these MTX, how much do you think you would get for a kiwi pet, a diamond supporter one?
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
It would be cool to be able to trade away dupes but I doubt GGG would ever allow MTXs to be traded for other MTXs let alone anything else. There's also the issue of people just using outside methods to essentially buy MTXs from other players at a cheaper price via Paypal or some other site. It'd be a bad day in the end. Although they could just make dupes not a thing...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info