[3.16][HC][ON BREAK] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth

a quick question: how do we sustain mana without flask on bosses? just mana regen, mana leech somewhere on items or what?
"
zorker wrote:
Currently throwing currency out of the window.

Trying my hands at gloves. Trying on Elder with Aberath+Pristine.
Only got chaos multiplier once in "a lot" of tries.

The gloves above are currently my best ones I guess. That being said there is no need for Frenzy on Kill imo.

Got a lot of good pairs imo but kept rerolling since I was trying for chaos dmg multi which I have not gotten. Tried to factor in prismatic but that brings to many elemental mods into play.

these are my gloves. it took a lot of work to get them. basically just yolo annuls on 3-4 mod gloves was the best way i found to make them.

i spent about 2500 alterations trying to craft a pair myself and i only hit cdotm 3 times. 2x tier2 and 1x tier1, all of which bricked when trying to isolate the mod.
it seems WAAAAY too rare.

crafting my amulet was much easier but its because i used the combination of aberrant, pristine and aetheric fossils.
aetheric will block all possible attack mods on the gloves/amulet which will just narrow down the mods it can get, allowing cdotm to be had much more frequently. try that combination.
good evening together,
thank you so much all of you who putting so much time and effort in here.
This is my first ranged build (I am playing POE since august, call me a noob) and I really LOVE it...
Now I have some problems to finalice my build with final bow and quiver crafting.....

Here is the bow I bought so far and I think the "chaos damage over time multiplayer" is what I want beseide what? I dont know... and I dont even have that craft available .lol... need help and advice please...

Beside that I tried some quiever crafting here are my results witch one should I use, and what else mods should the quiver have?

Last item are my boots it has a "socketed gems are supported by lvl15 increased duration" mod so whatg is recomanable to use as 4th gem than

Thanks

Eohlin
Edit: Guess I should say, 6.6k life, 315k tool tip dps in hideout, 895k in PoB, though I'm not sure I have it configured right. Respec'd from Thick Skin/Toxic strikes after I hit 300k dps, to go up to the Scion life wheel, the strength/res/evasion I get on the way is bonus.

PoB: https://pastebin.com/xjxdfN94

Thank you for the build. First ever Uber Elder down. Not deathless, but my 2 deaths were really just bad luck on positioning. Also only my 3rd set ever ran. Shaper teleported off screen and shot a beam right in my path. Admittedly, I did not use your phys mitigation tips. I don't plan to farm Elder, just wanted to kill him. I know I could get deathless, but I am tired of chasing the spawn. Now I can finally play the game ;)

Really fun build after you realize a 2c 20/20 CA will double/triple your damage. I played Pathfinder until around 90, just because I had played Raider before. When I started going for Red Elder/Shaper, I switched to Raider because I was way too squishy. I self crafted a lot of my gear, including the bow. Looking back, wish I waited for +2 support gems, but I didn't think I'd have the currency to finish it. Still don't have the craft anyway. If I get it, might have enough currency to try again.

Saw the gloves convo - Yeah, I have had a search up for a month looking for Frenzy/CDOTM gloves. Only a couple came up, one pair that has sat at 14ex for a long time. I snagged 1 pair early on for like 10c. They had terrible other mods, ended up annulling off CDOTM on my second annul, rip. The ones I wear now I bought, maybe 1ex. Since I ripped the other ones, I tried to roll my own but like the other poster said, I have got CDOTM maybeee 3 times, and I've definitely spent an Ex. Alterations, 50+ Abberant fossils, nothing. Scared to touch the ones I have.

Still using Frenzy+COH for bosses, also not really sure what to replace it with (since I have the gloves). Might just get a Kaom's now that I have Spider and won't run Arctic Armour.

Edit: Oh the helm I got the base for 1ex. I actually had a Starkonja CA damage helm until 91-92. I scoured the base and fossil crafted it, got really lucky, only took 2-3 tries and got this beast. The belt took longer and cost a lot more, but I also sold several 30-40-50c belts in the process. Probably a net profit craft.

Thanks again!

Last edited by Jymko on Jan 23, 2019, 6:13:18 PM
Helm was Aberath-Pristine I guess? Pretty insane :)

Finally got Leo on Research und exalted the bow. Crit does nothing right?!

Last edited by zorker on Jan 23, 2019, 6:28:59 PM
"
TheBull100 wrote:
snip

Thanks

Eohlin

personally i'd use the 1st quiver you posted. maim is good for slowing things down from reaching you especially if you can combine it with aspect of the spider and wither.

for the boots, i think your best bet would be to socket vaal blight. just another layer of added damage onto the build
"
The30Element wrote:
Spoiler
Spoiler

Hello.
I would need some help here since I am rather new and crafting is still complicated for me.

I was told I should get a Craicic Chimeral to save the two mods before I regal. But how good is the roll in general? I see bows with +1 arrow and vicious projectiles lvl 20, so I dont know if its worth to invest 100c just for the craicic chimeral (I am rather poor).

I also consider selling it like this, i payed 2.5ex for the base alone tho and not sure if I can even earn with selling this one.

cheers

The combo is good to make a cheap version of the +1 arrow bow, that's it. Damage is going to be exactly the same as cheap +3 bow with crafted chaos DoT multiplier. I would personally reroll/sell it, especially if you're poor.

In case you want to craft it, then Zorker already gave you right answer. To summarize:

* Imprint (for safety, optional)
* If you hit suffix, go to next step. If prefix, use imprint. If you didn't imprint - RIP bow.
* Craft "Cannot roll attack mods"
* Slam with exalted orb (or T3 Leo bench in research)
* Craft 33-40% chaos DoT multiplier

"
Miha617 wrote:
how much dps i will lose if i hit Vicious Proj lvl 18 instead lvl 20?

I already answered this in game and Zorker gave right answer again. It's 1% more damage lost per level (so effective ~1,3% dps loss).

"
ReoxidMain wrote:
a quick question: how do we sustain mana without flask on bosses? just mana regen, mana leech somewhere on items or what?

Only regen. High mana pool and Clarity aura are enough for pretty much all content. If that's still not enough, then a single mana regen mod on jewellery should do the trick (or -X mana cost of skills craft).

"
zorker wrote:
Spoiler

The gloves above are currently my best ones I guess. That being said there is no need for Frenzy on Kill imo.

Got a lot of good pairs imo but kept rerolling since I was trying for chaos dmg multi which I have not gotten. Tried to factor in prismatic but that brings to many elemental mods into play.

We talked about this in game. If the mod is as rare as you guys are saying, then i would spam abberant fossils or chaos orbs on it until something decent rolled. That's why i always put Guff in transportation (screw safehouse blocking).

Like i mentioned, the gloves are OK for classic build. Could be better but i can't really complain. They probably won't sell for much if you list them.

"
xMustard wrote:
Spoiler
"
zorker wrote:

these are my gloves. it took a lot of work to get them. basically just yolo annuls on 3-4 mod gloves was the best way i found to make them.

i spent about 2500 alterations trying to craft a pair myself and i only hit cdotm 3 times. 2x tier2 and 1x tier1, all of which bricked when trying to isolate the mod.
it seems WAAAAY too rare.

crafting my amulet was much easier but its because i used the combination of aberrant, pristine and aetheric fossils.
aetheric will block all possible attack mods on the gloves/amulet which will just narrow down the mods it can get, allowing cdotm to be had much more frequently. try that combination.

Daily reminder that multimodding is broken this league. Viable approach for sure. Not my cup of tea tho.

Aetheric fossil trick is actually listed in fossil crafting section (Delve League). I personally wouldn't bother with all the massive amount of trading required or overpayment. Simple solutions are sometimes the best.

"
TheBull100 wrote:
Spoiler
good evening together,
thank you so much all of you who putting so much time and effort in here.
This is my first ranged build (I am playing POE since august, call me a noob) and I really LOVE it...
Now I have some problems to finalice my build with final bow and quiver crafting.....

Here is the bow I bought so far and I think the "chaos damage over time multiplayer" is what I want beseide what? I dont know... and I dont even have that craft available .lol... need help and advice please...

Beside that I tried some quiever crafting here are my results witch one should I use, and what else mods should the quiver have?

Last item are my boots it has a "socketed gems are supported by lvl15 increased duration" mod so whatg is recomanable to use as 4th gem than

Thanks

Eohlin

In the bow's current state, the best solution seems to be crafting +2 support gems and... that's it. I don't think multimod is worth it in this case. I can provide crafting service if needed.

Last quiver is definitely the best. High life, chaos res, free suffix and accuracy never hurts. It's great. 2nd one is also quite good, above average life. Others are standard +1 arrow quivers, nothing special.

The last gem to link in the boots... nothing i guess? 5-link Totem is an option, but total overkill imo. Vaal Blight can be decent, but the bonus stacks additively to Wither Totem and it's not like build needs more single target (IMO)

"
Spoiler
Edit: Guess I should say, 6.6k life, 315k tool tip dps in hideout, 895k in PoB, though I'm not sure I have it configured right. Respec'd from Thick Skin/Toxic strikes after I hit 300k dps, to go up to the Scion life wheel, the strength/res/evasion I get on the way is bonus.

PoB: https://pastebin.com/xjxdfN94

Thank you for the build. First ever Uber Elder down. Not deathless, but my 2 deaths were really just bad luck on positioning. Also only my 3rd set ever ran. Shaper teleported off screen and shot a beam right in my path. Admittedly, I did not use your phys mitigation tips. I don't plan to farm Elder, just wanted to kill him. I know I could get deathless, but I am tired of chasing the spawn. Now I can finally play the game ;)

Really fun build after you realize a 2c 20/20 CA will double/triple your damage. I played Pathfinder until around 90, just because I had played Raider before. When I started going for Red Elder/Shaper, I switched to Raider because I was way too squishy. I self crafted a lot of my gear, including the bow. Looking back, wish I waited for +2 support gems, but I didn't think I'd have the currency to finish it. Still don't have the craft anyway. If I get it, might have enough currency to try again.

Saw the gloves convo - Yeah, I have had a search up for a month looking for Frenzy/CDOTM gloves. Only a couple came up, one pair that has sat at 14ex for a long time. I snagged 1 pair early on for like 10c. They had terrible other mods, ended up annulling off CDOTM on my second annul, rip. The ones I wear now I bought, maybe 1ex. Since I ripped the other ones, I tried to roll my own but like the other poster said, I have got CDOTM maybeee 3 times, and I've definitely spent an Ex. Alterations, 50+ Abberant fossils, nothing. Scared to touch the ones I have.

Still using Frenzy+COH for bosses, also not really sure what to replace it with (since I have the gloves). Might just get a Kaom's now that I have Spider and won't run Arctic Armour.

Edit: Oh the helm I got the base for 1ex. I actually had a Starkonja CA damage helm until 91-92. I scoured the base and fossil crafted it, got really lucky, only took 2-3 tries and got this beast. The belt took longer and cost a lot more, but I also sold several 30-40-50c belts in the process. Probably a net profit craft.

Thanks again!

I don't have much to say other than that i've read your journey post. Glad you enjoy the build.

I do have to mention tho, that Frenzy-CoH setup is important. Because you have gloves doesn't mean you will be able to have permanent uptime on bosses. Despair's chaos resistance removal is also a big damage boots, even against shaper/guardians etc.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
good morning together,
thanks for responding to my questions,
@ DankawSL
yes I would be happy to get a helping hand in crafting the bow

@NoPantsSundea
-----after you realize a 2c 20/20 CA will double/triple your damage-----

what does that mean? do you play a second gem set in a second bow and switch weapon? (lol hope that isnt an idiot question..)

Thanks

Eohlin
grrr in this forum I cant modify my own post?
well regarding my post before...it was an idiot question ....2c CA20/20 ment obviosly a 20/20 gem for the price of 2 chaos.... sighs, so forget my question regarding the second gem set

Thanks Eohlin
Thanks very much for a superbly detailed build guide. It's really a guide to the game in some respects, not just this build.

I decided to roll a ranger build after seeing Daykun's syndicate farming video. Most of the crazy movement speed builds say you can't level with them and to use something else to level first, so I came across this build and I'm glad I did.

The number one issue I have is mana. Without a Thief's Torment (+30 mana gained for each hit) I really struggle. I've been running a Quill Rain (3aps) bow until now and that exacerbated things (not to mention I've had 6L CA setup since the very beginning). I switched to a +3 1.35aps bow hoping that would help things and it sort of does, but not vs. high health enemies. With grace and a lvl 10 Clarity reserving so much mana there's barely any left (187 to be exact) to trouble things even further.

Should I try to get +mana on hit gear? (there's nothing like Thief tho, just 2-3 mana here and there) +mana regen gear?

One weird thing I noticed while leveling, and even recently (lvl73 now). My 2L Toxic Rain with the 3aps from Quill Rain seemed to do more overall damage than the 6L CA setup. Is that normal?

Cheers!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info