[3.16][HC][ON BREAK] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth

December 12th, 2018
General:
* Updated all passive trees to 3.5.0 web version to avoid confusion.

Levelling and Progression:
* Changed ascedancy progression, Avatar of Chase (Onslaught) is now picked in cruel/merciless Labyrinth.
* Frenzy ascendancy node should be respec in favour of Quartz Infusion after finishing Merciless Labyrinth.
* Added Passive Trees to Mapping Progression.
* Changed levelling setups, updated to be most effective way of progression.
* Levelling now requires less links overall, less additional gem purchases and no more gems that are useless after a short while.
* Few other minor adjustments to better reflect recent discoveries and changes to the guide.

===========================

Reasoning for the above changes (ascendancy) are quite simple, i've already said few of them before. The biggest one is obviously murderous Immortal Syndicate that requires the extra additional speed for safety. The second most important reason, the build simply gained so much damage in last 2 patches that extra speed from onslaught actually speeds you up.

Before 3.4, onslaught felt AWFUL because you were super fast while degen wasn't good very early on, forcing you to wait for monsters to die. Onslaught path was viewed as final upgrade once you had enough damage to make use of it. The extra defence you get wasn't that necessary, well, i guess Incursion sucked a bit without it (spells are way more dangerous tho).

I'll most likely update few other sections tomorrow (crafting + equipment). The most important part is done tho
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
"
DankawSL wrote:
December 12th, 2018
General:
* Updated all passive trees to 3.5.0 web version to avoid confusion.

* Changed ascedancy progression, Avatar of Chase (Onslaught) is now picked in cruel/merciless Labyrinth.
* Frenzy ascendancy node should be respec in favour of Quartz Infusion after finishing Merciless Labyrinth.
* Added Passive Trees to Mapping Progression.
* Changed levelling setups, updated to be most effective way of progression.
* Levelling now requires less links overall, less additional gem purchases and no more gems that are useless after a short while.
* Few other minor adjustments to better reflect recent discoveries and changes to the guide.

Reasoning for the above changes (ascendancy) are quite simple, i've already said few of them before. The biggest one is obviously murderous Immortal Syndicate that requires the extra additional speed for safety. The second most important reason, the build simply gained so much damage in last 2 patches that extra speed from onslaught actually speeds you up.

Before 3.4, onslaught felt AWFUL because you were super fast while degen wasn't good very early on, forcing you to wait for monsters to die. Onslaught path was viewed as final upgrade once you had enough damage to make use of it. The extra defence you get wasn't that necessary, well, i guess Incursion sucked a bit without it (spells are way more dangerous tho).

I'll most likely update few other sections tomorrow (crafting + equipment). The most important part is done tho

Amazing work, DankawSL! Yep, things get a lot breezier after acquiring Swift Affliction from Siosa. Having Wither totem helps a lot too especially with Transport encounter with IS members.
Dumb question here. I am currently leveling and loving the build! But I am confused about the ascendancy. If I am going to get "Avatar of the Chase" then I need to pick up "Rapid Assault" first. I just don't see it mentioned in the guide so I was just wondering if that is still the case?
December 13th, 2018
Equipment:
* Updated +3 Bow and +3 Staff sections to reflect newest crafting possibilities

Path of Building:
* Updated PoB to include new gems, new bow/staff crafting options and reflect newest changes to the core build.
* Added new bow for effective dps calculation, +2 CA Budget bow.
* Added notes, in case you forgot something. Text is identical to PoB section.

Crafting Section:
* Updated +3 Staff and Elder Bow crafting to reflect newest crafting possibilities
* +3 Elder Bow crafting renamed to +1 7-link Elder Bow crafting.
* Removed essence crafting method and old alt -> regal method.
* In Elder Bow crafting, it's now better to 6-link the bow first, then start crafting. Craft quality to increase chance of linking!

Initially i had bigger changes in mind, but i did some research and... it doesn't seem like +2 Socketed Support Gems is possible to get. There's none on the market in BSC. +1 is possible and it drops only from syndicate mastermind. It MIGHT be possible to unveil the mod enough times to get +2 support gems, but that's very unlikely. It's incredibly powerful mod, would trivialize a lot of crafting and add insane power everywhere. There's high chance it's disabled like +1 Summoned Totems mod was.

So until i 100% know there's possibility to get the mod, this is the final change for staff/bow crafting. There's still work to be done with other crafting options but it's... kinda secondary thing. There are some interesting options, especially flask and gloves/helmet crafts. Besides that, not much.

I think there's one or two people who downloaded PoB with the +2 socketed support gems that i replaced ~15 minutes after. Actually i provided like 5 different PoB links today, all with really minor changes. Be sure to download newest one!

"
Jialen wrote:
Dumb question here. I am currently leveling and loving the build! But I am confused about the ascendancy. If I am going to get "Avatar of the Chase" then I need to pick up "Rapid Assault" first. I just don't see it mentioned in the guide so I was just wondering if that is still the case?

Yep, that's what the guide implies and passive trees reflect that as well.
It's simply shortened for convenience.
Last edited by DankawSL on Dec 13, 2018, 10:20:39 AM
Okay :) thx
"
DankawSL wrote:
December 12th, 2018

Sorry if thats dumb, i just want to be sure about that.
I should specc out of Way of the Poacher after Merc lab, take Quartz Infusion instead and skill back into Way of the Poacher again after completing Uberlab?

Thanks in advance :)
Way of the Poacher is used only for levelling. Phasing + Onslaught paths are the ones build uses.
I do mention picking last phasing node in mapping progression (yellow maps).

TL;DR 1st Frenzy (normal) -> 1st and 2nd onslaught (merc lab) -> respec frenzy to 1st phasing (merc lab) -> 2nd phasing (uber lab)
Last edited by DankawSL on Dec 13, 2018, 11:55:22 AM
I'm following this guide. I am an ultra newb. Like 10 hours into the game. I hope I don't fuck up.
Also, why should I not level some gems?
"
DankawSL wrote:
December 9th, 2018
... You can use 14-18% quality craft to increase odds of linking the bow, further reducing the cost. Along with perfect fossil, that's easy 40%+ quality. ...

Hi Mate, thanks for the great guide! Can you please elaborate on how to achieve >30% item quality? What is the 14-18% craft?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info