[3.16][HC][ON BREAK] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth

Hi, its me again. Could you take a look over my char and see if I am missing something please? Guardians are easy, uber lab too, normal atziri.. But Elder not. Also Delve is starting to kill me very fast at depth 280
Like i mentioned in previous reply, after you fix all the issues that i've listed (and you did), simply follow End Game Mapping progression section. Respec to onslaught, get 4-8% chance to evade Watcher's Eye. This will fix your issues with Delve. If they don't i recommend reading Delve League section.

I've gave an advice on Elder on previous page. TL;DR just watch my T13 Elder video and use Frost Wall to save Shaper. Everything else is purely mechanical fight. Last phase is the only hard part of the fight.

From other things, quality your gems to 20% in CoH setup, Blink Arrow and Increased Duration inside CWDT setup. You can use lvl 20 -> lvl 1 20% recipe, that's what i do personally. I would also craft 5-15% life recover from flask on your belt.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
Question for the bow crafting. You cover Elder bows and their mods, but what about Shaped bows?

I have the below which has 4 mods so I could craft it to +1+2 but I'm not sure if the 20% chance to deal double damage works with CA? Is that why you don't discuss shaped bows?

From my knowldege, 20% chance to deal double damage only applies to hits. It definitely doesn't on with CA degen, tested it personally.

On top of that, shaped bows have additional 3 prefixes that aren't attacks. Mastercrafting "Cannot roll Attack mod" doesn't guarantee +1 socketed gems roll like it's the case in elder bows. It was hard to justify using shaped bows before 3.4 patch, but you could use them for slight dps bonus. With reworked PPAD into Vicious Projectiles, shaped bows have no purpose in CA builds at all.
Last edited by DankawSL on Oct 19, 2018, 1:42:23 PM
"
DankawSL wrote:
From my knowldege, 20% chance to deal double damage only applies to hits. It definitely doesn't on with CA degen, tested it personally.

On top of that, shaped bows have additional 3 prefixes that aren't attacks. Mastercrafting doesn't guarantee +1 socketed gems roll like it's the case in elder bows. It was hard to justify using shaped bows before 3.4 patch, but you could use them for slight dps bonus. With reworked PPAD into Vicious Projectiles, shaped bows have no purpose in CA builds at all.

Oh boy, good thing I asked before master crafting. Thanks so much! Imagine I wasted 2ex to get something else… Gonna roll the next Elder bow base I get in this case.
level 93 and on a good way to 94 now (though I'm not touching red maps when I'm levelling). +3 bow (quickly got a decent one via fossils (can't believe they turned out useful after all after I all but stopped picking em up cause you never get the rare ones anyway)) really is the key item here. managed to 5 it with only 5-6 fuses AGAIN, so I didn't bother to try for a 6 and will save up 1500 fuses instead. having continous problems capping out my res whenever I want to upgrade a gear part...

so far I got first kills on atziri, pale council, a breachlord, a delve boss, an elder guardian (granted I have not played since harbinger so some are new anyway), core and colosseum achievements, tier 15 maps and only 23 or so maps missing from atlas. grandmasters is utterly impossible though. deep delves obviously too. I will try to push to 300 when I reach 94, but in the meantime I only delve sideways at monster level 72 (easy chaos farming and almost 100% safe)

so this is far and wide my best char I've ever had, and obviously I'm having a lot of fun since I can actually make progress in the endgame (unlike with all of my other self-built chars). this is how the game should always have been, and much of my built-up frustration really stems from the fact I tried to make my own builds. in path of exile, you can't make your own build or you will never have any success, it's that simple.

and you can't take any risks while levelling, that too is an important lesson.

PS: might have to make another char (which I thought I would never have to do again now) specifically for the damn grandmasters in order to clear the atlas. fucking ci
since I have no hope for significant game design improvements in this game I am officially done with Path of Exile. done for good
Last edited by LMTR14 on Oct 22, 2018, 4:11:05 AM
Hey, its me again.
I managed to hit a +2 TS Enchant on a Devotos, sold it for 27 ex and bought both a new Bow and Empower 4. Upgraded a Ring, but nothing special there. Life-Upgrades on Quiver and Gloves are far too expensive as well... Dont really know about Endurance-Boots, since it doesnt help me with Bosses whilst somewhere else i dont lack damage.

MY Stuff:

I tried to get myself a nice corruption on a Kintsugi but Socketing, Coloring and then vaaling is just expensive af. Furthermore, my last 3 Tries bricked to a shitty rare Chest :p
I got Uber Elder spawned but cant manage to kill him. Same goes for Aul at ~290 Depth.

I'd heavily be glad if you posted a Kill with this Build for both Uber Elder and Aul if possible, would help a lot i guess.

Otherwise, thanks a lot for your support in this Thread and the nice Build. Keep it up!

edit: Completely forgot my flasks:

+ Witchfire Brew, Mana Flask & Writhing Jar, depends on the Situation.
Last edited by BorkeNoah on Oct 25, 2018, 7:14:04 AM
Automatic endurance charges is simply another form of defence during mapping. Not really needed but still welcome, might save you from a super lucky random crit from Kitava's herald.

Vaal first, socket/color/link later. You can change corrupted gear with Vorici 8. That's what i would do personally anyway.

I cannot help you with Aul since i never spawned him in my mine. Since i died and i don't plan on rerolling another CA character, finding solution how to beat him is up to you.

Uber Elder is a different story, this fight requires a lot of preperation. When i've fought against him back in Bestiary (in standard ofc), the primary problem was the phys degen ground. With the speed the build offers, it's quite easy to dodge almost anything the bosses shoot at you. With your current dps or even 150k base dps you reach with +3 6-link, the fight be nearly as hard as it used to be (squids can die to CA now). OK, now for the details:

3.2 Uber Elder deathless

Run in circles, spam CA, kite Shaper's balls, kill squids if you can only see them.
To mitigate the degen, i used:

* Selfcast IC and EC
* Aspect of the Crab
* 5% reduced DoT +3 bow
* Arakaali pantheon
* Marble Amulet
* Vitality aura

First 2 are no-brainers. Selfcast Enduring Cry to get charges whenever you need them, Immortal Call consumes charges to protect yourself from tentacles/expanding nova when you can't avoid it. Crab Aspect is something you can't pass up during this fight, easiest way to get high amount of physical mitigation.

Next 2 changes - 5% reduced DoT seems to stack with phys damage reduction. Great stat to have overall for this fight. Arakaali pantheon also gives another 5%, for a 44% reduction total at full charges. You should get first upgrade for 50% increased recovery. Lunaris is still very much viable if anything.

The last 2 is a bonus regen to further mitigate damage and recover hp without using a potion. There's also 16-20% Life Recovery belt that i didn't manage to get back then.

For the minor pantheon power, Ryslatha for flasks (upgraded) or Ralakesh for 25% reduced phys DoT while moving (prolly better option, didn't test tho).

Besides that, Clarity might be really helpful. Grace isn't really necessary in this fight, disable it so you can use Vitality + Crab instead.

I think that's everything. I doubt you need all the things i mentioned. I wouldn't be surprised if Ralakesh + Crab Aspect + Endurance charges were enough to trivialize the degen currently. I'll test it someday.

What's left is you and your skill to defeat him.
Thanks again for the quick detailed description :)

I'll try my Luck again with your Advices in Mind.
If i succeed, i'll let you know!

Best Regards!
Struggling a lot to clear T16 rare + corrupted maps (bosses). Dealing close to no damage to them and they (even their adds) almost one shoting me :/

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info