[3.16][HC][ON BREAK] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth

"
DankawSL wrote:
July 5th, 2020
Crafting Section:
* Added Harvest Crafting Method for Hunter Quiver.
* Moved Hunter Amulet above Hunter Quiver, since it's more impactful
* Added example amulet and quiver. I should get better ones later.
I really love how detailed and step by step are the crafting explanations.

Btw I imagine keeping chaos res is not a bad idea if it rolls with the chaos mods? I've seen people try to lock prefixes and then keep rerolling suffixes but that would make it much more costly, right?
Anyone know which tier and colour of seeds provide mods like "Remove random Chaos modifier and add a new Chaos modifier"?
Last edited by LithicTRG on Jul 5, 2020, 10:47:44 AM
"
LithicTRG wrote:
Anyone know which tier and colour of seeds provide mods like "Remove random Chaos modifier and add a new Chaos modifier"?
Primal Maw has chaos stuff but it says "Reveals a random Chaos modifier crafting effect when Harvested" so I'm not sure if it can be controlled to get augment, remove or replace.
"
Viktranka wrote:
"
DankawSL wrote:
July 5th, 2020
Crafting Section:
* Added Harvest Crafting Method for Hunter Quiver.
* Moved Hunter Amulet above Hunter Quiver, since it's more impactful
* Added example amulet and quiver. I should get better ones later.
I really love how detailed and step by step are the crafting explanations.

Btw I imagine keeping chaos res is not a bad idea if it rolls with the chaos mods? I've seen people try to lock prefixes and then keep rerolling suffixes but that would make it much more costly, right?

Crafting guide can always be more detailed, but too many choices only confuses people and becomes hard to follow. It must be simple and as efficient as possible.

Keeping chaos res is fine, but then it's harder to get T1 Chaos DoT Multi without spending significantly more currency and using meta crafting. This is especially true for amulet. Having initial point in mind, i just cannot implement it. Forum format has limitations. Best i could do is graphical diagram to show EVERY possibility - and it would be enormous.

Locking prefixes is fine for amulet, not for quiver. I didn't think about it to be fair. I might add it, but not sure if i will. It's already long enough crafting process and expensive on top that i would rather not extend it. If anything, with prefixes done and open suffix (crafted mod) you can always choose to improve it later.

Quiver crafting is already made in a way to create best possible one with suffix open for resistances of your choice.

As for cost of this in general, i'm really not sure. I've done all my crafts on my own and have a lot of leftover crafts. I mean, take a look at this:
https://youtu.be/eBt9YhoX7ys

Full details on what i got is in description. These are all crafts from 70 ilvl 83 chaos seed, combined with Fortune, Horticrafting and Lifeforce Blossoms (last one is so i don't run out of juice to use/save them). I dropped everything myself. As long as you have the right base, all of this is SSF friendly. In case you guys don't know what blossoms/flowers/buds do:

Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable

"
LithicTRG wrote:

Primal Maw Seed, the higher level the better obviously. Seed must be at worst 10 levels below level of an item you craft. I guess adding seed level requirement to the guide could be useful... To be fair i've already done it on bow crafting, but in that case there's very little harvest crafting.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
I first saw these flowers after the patch, they must have added them because my loot filter didn't even recognize it until I updated it...

Do these flowers need to be planted within the same field we're harvesting or do they work from outside too? I saw it having an outline that could cover 2x2 fields but I'm not sure if they only affect the same colour that dropped them or any colour.

This whole league confuses me a lot. That's why I said I love having detailed instructions (no it wasn't sarcasm, crafting honestly is confusing to me without a step by step guide).

If I understand correctly, while at step "Step 12: If you don't have "+#% to Chaos Damage over Time Multiplier" yet, use "Augment an item with a new Chaos modifier" harvest craft. Repeat if necessary." if the neck hits chaos res before chaos multi then we have to keep it, because removing chaos mod can remove +1 to chaos gems right? So just keep augmenting until chaos multi is hit? Tell me if I'm thinking this wrong.

Edit: yes, speaking about amulet craft.

Last edited by Viktranka on Jul 5, 2020, 12:29:09 PM
"
Viktranka wrote:
Spoiler
I first saw these flowers after the patch, they must have added them because my loot filter didn't even recognize it until I updated it...

Do these flowers need to be planted within the same field we're harvesting or do they work from outside too? I saw it having an outline that could cover 2x2 fields but I'm not sure if they only affect the same colour that dropped them or any colour.

This whole league confuses me a lot. That's why I said I love having detailed instructions (no it wasn't sarcasm, crafting honestly is confusing to me without a step by step guide).

If I understand correctly, while at step "Step 12: If you don't have "+#% to Chaos Damage over Time Multiplier" yet, use "Augment an item with a new Chaos modifier" harvest craft. Repeat if necessary." if the neck hits chaos res before chaos multi then we have to keep it, because removing chaos mod can remove +1 to chaos gems right? So just keep augmenting until chaos multi is hit? Tell me if I'm thinking this wrong.

Edit: yes, speaking about amulet craft.

Yes, they have to be planted like any other seed near collector. 5x5 range is massive so with good setup you can cover everything. That's how i've done it personally.

You understand step 12 correctly. You can still remove/change chaos res with "Prefixes cannot be changed" and readding chaos, but that's 2ex and it requires further investment in crafting.

To note, in most cases you will have Chaos DoT multiplier already. This is mostly fail-safe step.

EDIT: Oh and i forgot - i know you haven't been sarcastic. It was mostly me making a point because despite everything the guidelines aren't perfect.

I also changed the part about step 12, forgot you can readd chaos mods at will as long as you have metamod. My earlier point still stands.
Last edited by DankawSL on Jul 5, 2020, 12:55:53 PM
Thanks for clarification!

Damn, these flower additions might force me to redo my garden layout again. :/ The pic is only t1 blue seeds right? Because if only t1 matters might just add some extra fields for blue and leave the t2/t3 farm alone (it's a clusterfuck I'd rather not tweak further).

Do you also not auto plant seeds and only handpick chaos ones and put onto that field then put other blues somewhere else just to produce energy? To not waste flower charges on sub par seeds?

Because I was just auto planting and maybe it isn't the best course of action now that I think of it...
"
Viktranka wrote:
Spoiler
Thanks for clarification!

Damn, these flower additions might force me to redo my garden layout again. :/ The pic is only t1 blue seeds right? Because if only t1 matters might just add some extra fields for blue and leave the t2/t3 farm alone (it's a clusterfuck I'd rather not tweak further).

Do you also not auto plant seeds and only handpick chaos ones and put onto that field then put other blues somewhere else just to produce energy? To not waste flower charges on sub par seeds?

Because I was just auto planting and maybe it isn't the best course of action now that I think of it...

Make sure to see my edits, because i've done them just as you wrote this reply.

You don't need to force that layout, you can also plant 2 collectors and harvest them. Ignore 3rd collector, because 1 blossom actually boosts 5 seeds on the edge of it.

What i do is have enough of certain seed, pick it up from seed cache (you can access it anywhere in grove, V by default) and use autoplant. Game always prioritizes seeds in inventory, so i quickly plant what i need that way. Doesn't work for T2+ seeds tho.

EDIT: Urgh, i keep doing mistakes today over and over. At least quiver crafting seemed to have none of them afaik. Yes, i'm picky about seeds. I save all speed/chaos seeds since they're rare, and also attack seeds now. Sometimes i use life crafts for reforge recipes to get a good base to start working on (like for my belt). Rest i don't need i use for lifeforce and save good crafts obviously.
Last edited by DankawSL on Jul 5, 2020, 1:35:47 PM
Seems they updated the mod tags, Bow fires x additional arrows is now considered an attack mod (has both black and blue tag) so Harvest Crafting no longer works.

Rip
Last edited by Nininnjak10 on Jul 9, 2020, 10:49:11 PM
Incredible build. Easy to adjust and optimize even for a beginner. Detailed information on crafting equipment is very helpful. Damage and defense are solid as well(I chose pathfinder). Highly recommended.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info