[3.16][HC][ON BREAK] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth

"
Go to config and tick -> do you have onslaught? That should account for avatar of the chase.

From the FAQ:

"
Q: How do i know that i'm evade chance capped?
A: Check your character sheet (C) and find estimated chance to evade attacks. With flasks activated you need ~73% to be capped. That's assuming you have onslaught buff active which enables Raider's 30% more chance to evade. That buff is not included in those calculations.

I did not include 15% less monster accuracy while phasing debuff as it should be treated as an extra buffer against certain monster/map mods.

"
Looks like you're more than good according to these outlines.

oh yeah, that looks about right. thank you for taking your time and helping me out!
Last edited by Zynthiel on Jan 30, 2020, 3:12:36 PM
My question here is if it will be better to buy a +4 gem bow (1+socketed, +1dex socketed, +2 support socketed from ench)
or a +3 bow and a double dot multiplier (dam over time AND chaos dam over time)
Question: does CA scale with:

12-14% increased Damage with Two Handed Weapons
14-16% increased Damage with Bows
10-14% increased Damage over Time while wielding a Two Handed Weapon

on jewels?

Edit: Just found this: https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/9bfjj2/new_caustic_arrow_caustic_ground_damage_type/

If these affect CA, then is there any reason why they weren't mentioned in the jewel equipment section as one of the desirable mods?
Last edited by ivanbili on Feb 1, 2020, 10:28:30 AM
This is my current loadout, lvl 93. Trying to see where I can go from here- not sure if I'm specifically having issues with durability (I have over 6200 health) or if I'm just unlucky but I'm being blasted by screen-filling armies of minions.

"
Erdrin wrote:
My question here is if it will be better to buy a +4 gem bow (1+socketed, +1dex socketed, +2 support socketed from ench)
or a +3 bow and a double dot multiplier (dam over time AND chaos dam over time)

No. DoT multiplier suffix is the end game goal. Easily craftable and straight up superior once you have +2 amulet.
"
Spoiler
Question: does CA scale with:

12-14% increased Damage with Two Handed Weapons
14-16% increased Damage with Bows
10-14% increased Damage over Time while wielding a Two Handed Weapon

on jewels?

Edit: Just found this: https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/9bfjj2/new_caustic_arrow_caustic_ground_damage_type/

If these affect CA, then is there any reason why they weren't mentioned in the jewel equipment section as one of the desirable mods?

#1 No, #2 No, #3 Yes.

In reddit thread you linked i was the person who answered the question... 5 leagues ago. If my memory is correct GGG changed the wording few times since then.

There's no oversight. Abyssal jewels (which you obviously checked out) are suboptimal.

"
Spoiler
This is my current loadout, lvl 93. Trying to see where I can go from here- not sure if I'm specifically having issues with durability (I have over 6200 health) or if I'm just unlucky but I'm being blasted by screen-filling armies of minions.

Reminder that i don't do gear checks anymore because it's time consuming to list everything, while it's easy to do it yourself.

Gameplay wise you shouldn't have any issues with exception of metamorphs, who doesn't? Don't run straightforward, strafe slightly to sides while moving forward and circle when killing bosses.

The real problem? You're using Pathfinder. If you take ascendancy with close to no defence (ele ailment is the only one, really), you can't expect to ignore attacks like Raider does.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
How does the Assassin version stack up against Pathfinder for defense? Even worse or is there some ES shenanigans that can work?

Also, wasn't there a staff build linked on the first page or am I insane
Why would you want to use Assassin? There are 2 nodes that work with the build (Mistwalker and Opportunistic) and that's it. Considering how hard it is for non-crit build to acquire Elusive during combat and the fact Trickster exists, it's awful ascendancy for CA. If you want defense, then why don't you simply use Raider?

Pathfinder tree is indeed inside the guide, listed as OPTIONAL ascendancy. There's disclaimer at the beginning of the section that the guide is NOT OPTIMIZED for them (but it's closest it has ever been). Even without it should be obvious that different ascendancies bring different strengths, i even list what each of them brings to the table.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
lol I meant Trickster but fumbled the name...shows how much I play that class!

This is actually my third run on this build. Previously I thought the all-around package was nice but I felt that damage was lacking. So with Metamorph league buffing boss health I thought I'd try out a higher-damage version. So I guess it's just a trial-and-error process.
"
lol I meant Trickster but fumbled the name...shows how much I play that class!

This is actually my third run on this build. Previously I thought the all-around package was nice but I felt that damage was lacking. So with Metamorph league buffing boss health I thought I'd try out a higher-damage version. So I guess it's just a trial-and-error process.
For trickster you have 2 options, go hybrid with acro, or go full CI, where you can still utilize a lot of benefits from ghost dance + escape artist.

Playing to trickster's strengths means probably having to craft rare high evasion + es hybrid chest, using high ES helmet (good option is the vertex because you can get +1 to your auras and englighten), if you want to go CI you can use thread of hope jewel and pick phase acro, but you have to skip acro to not lose too much ES.

You will not be immune to ailments so you will have to take care of them, contrary to raider or pathfinder.

Personally I think currently going CI on a trickster could be the way to go, you can achieve 10k ES in end game gear, don't have to worry about any chaos res, can always use damage on full life support gem, and with decent evasion you will get extra energy shield regen each time ghost shroud gets depleted. You would have to fit discipline into your aura setup though, and I'd say vaal discipline is invaluable for those moments you'd use a life flask on a life based build ("oh shit I'm dying").

Playing life-based / hybrid allows for using the double dot rare quiver w/ extra arrow and such, as CI you'll probably will be forced into soul strike and extra arrow corruption is very rare & expensive all things compared.

However hybrid trickster often ends up around 4k life + 3k ES and you have to pay attention to chaos resist because with this setup you're extra vulnerable to it (basically nearly half of your effective hp is bypassed)

"
Tbh sounds to me like you're just being overrun, I would invest into damage upgrades because they can't kill you when they're dead...

Half of your flasks have 1 affix, augment them.
Buy lvl 21 caustic arrow.
Don't use damage on full life if you are being regularly hit. Use rank 3 empower or even efficacy.

Try to get amulet with chaos multi or +1 to chaos or dex gems (all of these will be very expensive).

Your belt is very underwhelming, you could pack more defensive stats there if you can't afford fossil crafting one with increased chaos damage. 44 life roll is sad.

Your helmet is quite awful, it has only evasion, nothing else (life is crafted and enchant is useless).

Quiver is also awful, only useful stats are life (but you could get closer to 100) and pierce implicit, rest is bad. You could at least get 1 dot modifier on it if you can't afford both (damage over time multiplier / chaos damage over time multiplier).

At your level you could definitely be at the point to afford awakened gems, buy awakened swift affliction and quality it (another 10% chaos dot multiplier).

Your boots have no movement speed and only about 1,5 stat worth of resists (you could put more there, freeing other slots).

If you fix low amounts of life on several slots then you wouldn't need to anoint constitution and you could anoint corruption instead.

And if I see correctly, you're only running malevolence and rank 5 clarity? You could fit flesh&stone there, you have empty red socket and in stone stance it's a small defensive aura.

Also because you're a pathfinder, you should ensure your flasks are always up and have the best affixes possible. Alchemist prefix is especially potent on a pathfinder, because the biggest downside of it - shorter duration, is not really a big issue. Crafting increased effect of flasks on belt also makes sense on a pathfinder.
Hi! Thanks for the nice build. How about using Iron Reflexes, Perfect Form Zodiac Leather and Molten Shell\Vaal? I tried it and felt higher survivability.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info