[3.16][HC][ON BREAK] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth

This is the best build I've played so far, so thanks for that!

I'm having trouble figuring out how to get my DoT DPS in your range. Mine is about 60% of yours. Was wondering if you'd take a look at my build: https://pastebin.com/FVvmQ0DH
Apr 24th, 2018
Spoiler
Passive Tree and Bandits:
* Fixed the name from Skill Tree to Passive Tree. It applies to whole guide.
* Raider's end game tree uses onslaught path instead of frenzy. Base tree still uses frenzy path.
* Scion deleted from optional ascendancies.
* Minor 10% projectile speed / 6% proj damage in duelist area is now consistent across all passive trees, including levelling ones.
* Minor other adjustments in the section.

Pantheon:
* Minor changes to explainations. Gives little bit more info while being easier to read.

Gems:
* Enfeeble Blasphemy deleted from optional setups
* Added Fortify generation setup. Vigilant Strike with threshold jewel for ~35 second long buff. Requires weapon swap.
* Added Aspect of the Crab. Who knows, maybe bestiary become core gameplay?
* Decoy Totem / Enduring Cry removed from this section. Boss only gems are going to be listed inside End Game Bosses section.

Gear:
* Kintsugi is now a mandatory chest. Every other chest is optional.
* Kaom's Heart removed from optional body armours. Links are too important for end game bosses.
* Cospri's Will removed from optional body armours. It has a lot of potential, but nobody will really use it anyway. It's best for defence during mapping which is not a problem at all.
* Minor changes to the body armour section, to reflect above changes.
* The Writhing Jar added as optional unique flask.
I've had some more free time recently so i've spent decent amount of it to improve the guide. I focused on streamlining the guide by removing sub-optimal choices that only confused people. I also planned more improvements, including MF setup guide with few levels of investment. Still thinking about optimal setups, and i'll be testing them on my already deceased chars how they feel.

"

I'm having trouble figuring out how to get my DoT DPS in your range. Mine is about 60% of yours. Was wondering if you'd take a look at my build: https://pastebin.com/FVvmQ0DH

Thanks for the kind words, hope you'll push to the end game with it!

Your PoB config has Wither stacks set at 1 instead of 15. It's best to look at tooltip DPS (In Combat option) to see the damage on normal monsters. You can very easily calculate the effective DPS numbers based on that:

* Normal monster = 300%
* Map Boss = 200%
* Shaper / Guardian = 160%

Later on with ED staff you simply add both skills tooltip dps and multiply it depending on monster type. Those multipliers don't change except when you have Enhance linked with cursing setup or the map has +15/20/25% monster chaos resistance mod.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
"
DankawSL wrote:
Apr 24th, 2018
Spoiler
Passive Tree and Bandits:
* Fixed the name from Skill Tree to Passive Tree. It applies to whole guide.
* Raider's end game tree uses onslaught path instead of frenzy. Base tree still uses frenzy path.
* Scion deleted from optional ascendancies.
* Minor 10% projectile speed / 6% proj damage in duelist area is now consistent across all passive trees, including levelling ones.

Pantheon:
* Minor changes to explainations. Gives little bit more info while being easier to read.

Gems:
* Enfeeble Blasphemy deleted from optional setups
* Added Fortify generation setup. Vigilant Strike with threshold jewel for ~35 second long buff. Requires weapon swap.
* Added Aspect of the Crab. Who knows, maybe bestiary become core gameplay?
* Decoy Totem / Enduring Cry removed from this section. Boss only gems are going to be listed inside End Game Bosses section.

Gear:
* Kintsugi is now a mandatory chest. Every other chest is optional.
* Kaom's Heart removed from optional body armours. Links are too important for end game bosses.
* Cospri's Will removed from optional body armours. It has a lot of potential, but nobody will really use it anyway. It's best for defence during mapping which is not a problem at all.
* Minor changes to the body armour section, to reflect above changes.
* The Writhing Jar added as optional unique flask.
I've had some more free time recently so i've spent decent amount of it to improve the guide. I focused on streamlining the guide by removing sub-optimal choices that only confused people. I also planned more improvements, including MF setup guide with few levels of investment. Still thinking about optimal setups, and i'll be testing them on my already deceased chars how they feel.

"

Thanks for the kind words, hope you'll push to the end game with it!

Your PoB config has Wither stacks set at 1 instead of 15. It's best to look at tooltip DPS (In Combat option) to see the damage on normal monsters. You can very easily calculate the effective DPS numbers based on that:

* Normal monster = 300%
* Map Boss = 200%
* Shaper / Guardian = 160%

Later on with ED staff you simply add both skills tooltip dps and multiply it depending on monster type. Those multipliers don't change except when you have Enhance linked with cursing setup or the map has +15/20/25% monster chaos resistance mod.

So it doesn't matter that your DoT DPS in the sidebar is ~180K and mine is ~100K?
"
So it doesn't matter that your DoT DPS in the sidebar is ~180K and mine is ~100K?

I guess i should've kept it simple. Yes, it doesn't matter because you didn't set up PoB correctly. Change amount of Wither stacks from 1 -> 15. The sidebar dmg you see increases from 98k to 156k with fully stacked Wither on the PoB you've shared.
Last edited by DankawSL on Apr 27, 2018, 9:11:58 AM
I was changing stacks in the wrong section (Skill Details). Thanks!
Apr 30th, 2018
Levelling Section:
* Early and end game mapping revamped - now consistent with other levelling sections. Quick info for PoE veterans, more info for beginners.
* CA levelling expanded little bit. No changes besides that.
* All sections are bigger as a result, it still might need some work. Will work on it another day.
Great guide, been having a blast with this character so far!

I personally don't like culling strike either but I'm sitting on a 6l Kintsugi and don't wanna let it go to waste. Do you have any other idea on what setup to put in?
With reddit complaining about CA viability, i've decided to run another few tries to kill Uber Elder. With the enhanced setup that gives me ~1000 hp regen + a lot of mitigation i could easily kill him. I didn't manage to do it deathless tho, but i was very close to it 3/6 times.

Overall, the biggest problem in Uber Elder fight is the last phase. I can dodge almost everything thrown at me, but during that time Elder mobs will cover whole area in degen. They seem to spawn more often and i don't have time to stop them. Shaper and Elder take all my focus.

The setup works, but it's not enough. I think i'll have to manually cast Enduring Cry / Immortal Call on the last phase. It's also possible that Ralakesh pantheon might be better than Ryslatha. I'll try those next time.

Video of the best attempt i've had. I didn't reach last phase there due to stupid mistake, but it had the best setup for a successful run.

"
GrindcoreFTW wrote:

I personally don't like culling strike either but I'm sitting on a 6l Kintsugi and don't wanna let it go to waste. Do you have any other idea on what setup to put in?

Portal gem, combined with enhance it's super fast. That's what i ran this league and it felt awesome.

Blind support, for little bit more defense. Unfortunately the chance is so low (10%) it's not reliable at all.

Decay support, for ~2% more damage. Kinda pointless if you ask me.

If you had +1 curse amulet, then Enfeeble/Temp chains would be best option. That's probably not the case i guess.

That's for 6-link CoH setup obviously. I don't have any other ideas. Maybe some other non-CoH setup could be used there? 6-link Wither totem with Ele resistances and Increased AoE? Doesn't sound that good plus would need 6 off color... Can't really think of anything else.
"
DankawSL wrote:
With reddit complaining about CA viability, i've decided to run another few tries to kill Uber Elder. With the enhanced setup that gives me ~1000 hp regen + a lot of mitigation i could easily kill him. I didn't manage to do it deathless tho, but i was very close to it 3/6 times.

Overall, the biggest problem in Uber Elder fight is the last phase. I can dodge almost everything thrown at me, but during that time Elder mobs will cover whole area in degen. They seem to spawn more often and i don't have time to stop them. Shaper and Elder take all my focus.

The setup works, but it's not enough. I think i'll have to manually cast Enduring Cry / Immortal Call on the last phase. It's also possible that Ralakesh pantheon might be better than Ryslatha. I'll try those next time.

Video of the best attempt i've had. I didn't reach last phase there due to stupid mistake, but it had the best setup for a successful run.

"
GrindcoreFTW wrote:

Portal gem, combined with enhance it's super fast. That's what i ran this league and it felt awesome.

Blind support, for little bit more defense. Unfortunately the chance is so low (10%) it's not reliable at all.

Decay support, for ~2% more damage. Kinda pointless if you ask me.

If you had +1 curse amulet, then Enfeeble/Temp chains would be best option. That's probably not the case i guess.

That's for 6-link CoH setup obviously. I don't have any other ideas. Maybe some other non-CoH setup could be used there? 6-link Wither totem with Ele resistances and Increased AoE? Doesn't sound that good plus would need 6 off color... Can't really think of anything else.

What do you mean with a +1 curse amulet? I've just started playing again with your guide after like 2 years, there so much new stuff I love it haha. Also what would be the complete gem setups for your useful suggestions?
"
GrindcoreFTW wrote:
What do you mean with a +1 curse amulet? I've just started playing again with your guide after like 2 years, there so much new stuff I love it haha. Also what would be the complete gem setups for your useful suggestions?

You can corrupt amulets with Vaal orbs, one of the outcomes is ability to apply additional curse on enemies. It's been around since 1.1 patch so... Much longer than 2 years.

Gem setup is:
Frenzy - GMP - Curse on Hit - Despair - Enhance - Portal/Blind/Decay

But you should know that already, you specifically asked what should replace culling strike after all.
Last edited by DankawSL on May 1, 2018, 4:46:04 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info