Help with Sunder build

Hi.
i wrote here before and people (you rock, guys!) tried to help me along the way.

I have a prob.
my berserker is level 91,
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAECAAHnBLMFLQlYC2ER1RNME8kUIBRNFukX4RiRGjgaVSFgIZAkNyb4KCouUzB3Ne826DrtPC09_ECgQzFGaU4yUEdXDVeXWGNZ81n-Xz9f0GBBYSFjcGRSZU1lp2ZUZ5toWGhlaPJuaW6Xcg9yqXTtdit2rHrve4x82YCKgUGCB4Nfg8yE74VSidiLT4zPkFWUb5d5mFebap7NogCnMKyqrY2uUK9stz68n702vqe_CMBmwYvBo8QVxPbGrsbYz37SIdNv0_zV-NeW2L3ZYdrB26fiYeRR6hDqGO8O8B_yQfKc85v2SPcy9033vvhf-Ov8S_4K_ms=?accountName=Ofirdr78&characterName=BehemothNergal

I'm dual wield sunder.
my life is 6.7k hp,
DPS according to tooltip: 136k,
attack speed: around 5.98 attacks per second.

I think i did everything i can do to make my char better, but i'm stuck.
I managed to somehow kill the minotaur (died 5 times) and the hydra (again, 5 times),
and that's not counting the times i died 6 times and had to retry the map.
never made it with phoenix and chimera.

what can i do to make my char stronger?
to live longer and to hit harder.

I already have 1H axe with 350 dps and additional 90 of elemental - i dont think any better axe
is affordable for me.
i have few nice jewels,
1 of them should be replaced - it has projectile attribute, i'll replace it when i'll find something better.
thats about it.
i think my gear is OK,
and i dont think my tree is wrong.

so what else can i do?

thank you.
Last bumped on Jan 23, 2018, 11:45:35 AM
You should have the stats to beat the guardians. Your dps is probably a lot higher than tooltip.

Now learn the fights. Maybe roll the maps only blue, with no effects on the boss, like "additional exiles, magic monsters etc." just to practice.

Other than that :
I'd use warchief, not protector.
And maybe you can squeaze in blind somewhere, to cut monsters' cth in half.
Maybe put IC in your cwdt.
Maybe get rid of the 100% leech ascendancy and use one of the other two, it 's not 3.0 anymore.
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
It looks like the problem is you, not the character, should work on your operating skill, this set of gear should have no problem against hydra, minotaur might be a little hard but still shouldn't die to him.

Gear wise, do you really need ichimonji when you already have a lvl 4 enlighten, 10% increased isn't that much comparing to a good shaper elder offhand, change one of your lesser jewel for a +2 mana on hit one and never worry about mana.
Last edited by TravisL on Jan 22, 2018, 4:08:09 AM
You have in fact over 350k shaper dps that is more than enough for everything.

Btw your axe is 400 pDPS weapon (+ some ele damage).

Your strategy should be about hit hard and keep moving (don´t tank big hits) and learn the fight.

You can ofc make some upgrades (such as better offhand weapon) but it´s not really about it.
Last edited by Rakiii on Jan 22, 2018, 5:04:52 AM
Thank you for your replies.

I'll try to learn the mechanics better,
and of course to replace the off-hand sword.

Thank you very much!
i suspected that the blame was in me, i just tried to find a better solution than "play better" :-)
As others mentioned, not sure if your off-hand choice is adding much value. Tempestuous steel or the princess are both dirt cheap and will give you a big DPS boost. If you can afford it, one of the new elder or shaper items with high rolls on added physical as elemental damage would be even better.

This is personal opinion, but I really think faster attacks should be one of the links in your sunder setup (maybe instead of ruthless). It may be a slight DPS downgrade (you'd have to check PoB), but it's a huge buff in your ability to dodge mechanics, especially when using multistrike.
"
Ofirdr78 wrote:

Thank you very much!
i suspected that the blame was in me, i just tried to find a better solution than "play better" :-)

If you continue having trouble with Minotaur, it is a purely physical encounter.

I'm writing on the phone, can't see your tree, but you probably skipped the endurance charges in the skilltree.
Grab all of them.

Don't kill the last pack before mino.
Enduring cry up to full charges on them.
Still don't kill them, keep them alive in case you die and need new charges.
Go in and keep refreshing charges via Enduring cry during the boss fight.

Put fortify on your sunder so you can't miss keeping the buff up.
Bring a Basalt and a Granite flask.
Switch your pantheon to the phys reduction ones...

With all of this, you should be able to facetank him.

But if this still isn't enough... Maybe it's just me, but I think "belly for big life buffer, some leech and no other defense" is the wrong approach in 3.1.
I personally would rather have 5.7k life, but 2k armor on the chest.
Last edited by Peterlerock on Jan 23, 2018, 1:15:08 AM
Thanks peter.

To be honest - i don't understand the whole endurance charges.

Before current tree, i had 6 endurance charges (3 default + 3 from tree),
and enduring cry on CwDT instead of IC,
but i almost never saw the endurance charges on - maybe i dunno how to work with them.
i noticed that i don't die less without the endurance charges - i die equally with or without them :-)
i preferred to take DPS passives instead.

can you please explain abit the practical way to use endurance? do i need to press anything or they should be turned on automatically?

and related to that - should i respecc some DPS for resolute technique? additional 1500 armour instead of evasion for 2 passives?

I didnt find a good armour instead of belly.
of course brass dome is nice, but its too slow.

thanks
Warcries don't get triggered by CWDT.
This was changed a couple leagues ago because it was too easy to use EC+IC in an automated way.

There are a couple ways to still automate endurance charge generation, juggernaut class, vengeance +ECoMS, red nightmare jewel... But pressing Enduring Cry is still the safest way to keep them up.

Yes, you will not feel much of a difference with or without charges in most content... But in some content, like uber lab or mino, you certainly will.
Stacking flat phys reduction like the charges trivializes these encounters.

In the end, it's up to you if you want to adapt to these situations or not... You're the one dying to Minotaur. ;)
According to PoB, with the ichimonji i have 260k dps, and with the vaal spectre i'll have 350k dps (which is not even close to tooltip).
that would leave me with 100 mana instead of 133 but i think thats enough.

i'll try it at home, and if it won't work, i'll try respeccing and take endurance charges. i have enough orbs of regret.

Thank you for helping!
u guys rule! especially u, peter!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info