Overwhelmed By the Options Here...

I just vaaled this:

Ignore the gems, I have no intention of running caustic arrow I was just testing it out. I've been going over the wiki considering my options with this chest and I find that PoE REALLY isn't the game it used to be a few years ago. The options for a chest like this are just staggering, genuinely staggering. Many many more options than it would have had when the game was newer. But of course I don't have time to play them all so I have to try to narrow things down in theorycraft phase.

Now for me, the fun factor of a build does not only include how effective it is but how fun it is to actually play and to use. But not only that, also how strange and exclusively specific my build is to the most interesting pieces of gear that I possess.

My most interesting pieces of gear:
Spoiler

Excluding chests these are my most interesting items from the entire league so far.

My idea for a build is that some sort of hybrid stregnth/ES build would work using a shield and Shaper's touch. With +6 gem levels I would not have to invest in any damage on the skill tree, I could simply gather nothing but strength and try to get up to 1600 (if that's even possible), equip a doon cuebayari +
for about 300% damage a lot of life and a lot of ES. Just the first draft idea. Still don't even know which skill to use though. Heralds, Vaal Stormcall, beartrap , it could be anything really.

Ideas?

My other idea was simpler: Just bladeflurry cast when channeling ethereal knives nova

Last bumped on Jan 28, 2018, 10:46:43 PM
Gee u guys are so helpful... Anyways I took the plunge into my Shaper's Touch idea WITHOUT using Path of Building (because that would be almost like cheating j/k j/k)

anywayz lul I'm level 51 now and dayum this isn't even the same game anymore - this chest is so overpowered and I love it

Get this: I'm running zombies, ethereal knives, and searing bond on one chest with ZERO investment in the passive tree for damage and it's just destroying content so far. Okay to be fair I use 2 elemental damage nodes because I had to take them + a Hidden Potential Jewel. But it's astonishing that my 3 link EK is doing 4k dps on its own at level 50 and I've not taking any damage nodes for it, no crit, cast speed or anything. I just linked it to Empower and Faster Casting.

I've got level 20 zombies already as well and they are pretty helpful for tanking.

Now my only question is do I keep the Black Sun Crest or do I transition into Kitava's Thirst at some point after I equip the Shaper's Touch. I'm leaning Kitava's Thirst because that would be ridiculous damage. But I'd have to equip about 9 Brawn Unique Jewels in order to keep the Str bonus in a good spot... At around 1400

My final skill choice will probably be... a six linked... bear trap??? Level 27 bear trap? With Kitava's Thirst going off from the casting cost? Not sure if that would work. So maybe good ol' flame surge.

Edit: No, just had a better idea. Incinerate, cast while channeling, EK, some green corpse spell, with Anger thrown on the chest too? But then Kitava's won't work. Dang.

Passive Tree:

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUCAAHcA5oGOQkzFSAZtBo-HNwrJi2DMtE3RzrYPQ9FR0lPTwRRYFW1Vw1fP2ZUaGVo8musbmlyqXfjeWh8u4KbhNmFMoV7iuSPGpctm-yezalur2yvp7yqvqfBBMS4xPbFitE20iHV-OIs6hjr7uw48i_zBvOb8933Mvjr-d37qg==?accountName=BearCares&characterName=xXPantslessForPietyOo

Current Gems:

Last edited by BearCares on Jan 22, 2018, 6:39:44 PM
This is how I'm mapping, up to T5 at the moment. Everything is easy. And I took all the Brawn's out as they were completely ineffecient vs simply wearing the Cylcopian belt which means I have like 5 empty jewel sockets on my tree that I can upgrade this build with but I just haven't bothered yet.

I think I can do the challenges with this guy. Still thinking of a better build though. I know minions would be spectacular but I have to think of how to make it just filthy mcnasty over powered first.

Current Set up.
Last edited by BearCares on Jan 26, 2018, 5:43:22 PM
"
BearCares wrote:
Gee u guys are so helpful...

No offense but if you'd make your questions a bit more clear and shorter, it'd be easier to answer for others.

Also your item and skill choice is very unique, not many have experience with such RaDiCaL builds.

What I can tell you is that that shaper / elder chests beat your super OP chest with a few chaos rolls, try checking into that. Not to mention Elder chests can also have +12% increased strength. Same story with amulets with % increased attributes.

Uploaded an awesome Exsanguinate Freeze Explosion build on the forums - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3508506
You've got a +2 chest. That's great for minions, good for most spell builds, kind of a nonfactor for attack builds. The 2/2/2 coloration on the chest is super awkward for a lot of stuff. Given that? Your best bet is probably minions. 2/2/2 is tolerable for zombies, and you might be able to force it to work for something like Stone Golems as well. Maybe SRS? SRS > Min. Damage > Melee Phys > Melee Splash/EDwA > green-junk-that-sucks-less-than-other-stuff?

That doesn't do much for your list of Most Interesting Gear in Path of Exile, but then again most of that stuff is less interesting than you think it is. If you want to use the chest, use the chest. Use the other stuff if it works for your build. Most of it won't. That's just sorta how the game works.
You should find the skill gem that profits most from additional levels, then try to build around it.
Account inactive since Tencent majority share acquisition.
Welp, designing a trickster next for this chest...

But I have a question before I reveal what the build is. If I convert all my physical attack damage to lightning, will Doomfletch maintain the same amount of Extra elemental damage or will it be cut down to 0 since my bow damage is all lightning now?

Probably should have figured this out before I bought the bow.
It will still keep the additional damage, because converted damage retains the original type as well, so modifiers applying to physical damage will still apply.
Account inactive since Tencent majority share acquisition.
Answer to your question: You still get the extra damage from doomfletch, don't worry.

Idea proposal for a build: burning arrow burning ground build. With the chest, hrimburn, your quiver and a nuro's harp so you can go EE with it. You'll need pitch darkness threshold jewels though.
Links would be Burning arrow - gmp (or swift affliction for bosses) - chance to ignite - inc aoe/conc effect - burning damage/ele damage with attacks - empower.
The burning ground damage from the threshold jewel depends on the level of the gem, similar to explosive and caustic arrow. Getting the burning ground is quite a bit harder than just firing a caustic arrow, but it should still work rather well.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
"
FCK42 wrote:
Answer to your question: You still get the extra damage from doomfletch, don't worry.

Idea proposal for a build: burning arrow burning ground build. With the chest, hrimburn, your quiver and a nuro's harp so you can go EE with it. You'll need pitch darkness threshold jewels though.
Links would be Burning arrow - gmp (or swift affliction for bosses) - chance to ignite - inc aoe/conc effect - burning damage/ele damage with attacks - empower.
The burning ground damage from the threshold jewel depends on the level of the gem, similar to explosive and caustic arrow. Getting the burning ground is quite a bit harder than just firing a caustic arrow, but it should still work rather well.

Nice catch! I never would have noticed that patch note!

Shit I could just use a Quill Rain with that couldn't I lol. That is an interesting patch note indeed. Wow.

Thanks man!

The reason I say Quill Rain is because I'm having visions of Kitava's Thirst with Immolate attached to 3 fast triggering spells.

2 pyres...

and what else haha this gon b fun
Last edited by BearCares on Jan 27, 2018, 5:47:55 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info