patch update issues

ive been trying to do this update for a whole day now. my download starts then stops at various percentages then prompts me with an error code. ive done pack check, ive deleted the program and redownloaded and im a bit stumped at this point. its been about 15 hours at the least that ive been trying to get this update going, has anyone else came across this issue and if so what is the best route to fix it.
PS: i took a few days off for my bday to play some path and this is how i spend the time -_-
Last bumped on Jan 19, 2018, 2:36:44 PM
im on run number 4 or 5 and i am currently stuck at 15.45%
just timed out again. "Unable to MapViewOfFile for chunk header.. Error Code:8 Offset: 1920401408 Size:9507"
Last edited by smokedoutfool on Jan 19, 2018, 11:27:04 AM
i did a pack check and started the patch again and this time i got to 32.44%. now the download is back to allocating space
"
smokedoutfool wrote:
just timed out again. "Unable to MapViewOfFile for chunk header.. Error Code:8 Offset: 1920401408 Size:9507"

That is ERROR_NOT_ENOUGH_MEMORY right there. I don't know why it is failing to map that file into memory, but I would guess internal memory fragmentation or something.

Regardless, either doing the pack check, or just removing the pack and doing a full download of it, are the most likely things you can do to work around this issue.
thanks. sounds like im just going to have to keep trying

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info