PC Shutdown when the game starts.

Since the new 3.1.2 Patch my PC instantly shutdowns when I click play in the game's menu. This error never occured before and it really annoying. In addition to this, the sudden shutdown corrupts my game files and I have to download the game again. I tried it 2 times now and I had to download the game after each crash. I've not been able to get into the game ever since the patch launched.

- I'm playing the Steam version of PoE
- Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit
- CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad CPU
- GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 670
- 16 GB Ram

Could use some help since I do like the game :/
Last bumped on Jan 19, 2018, 5:46:47 PM
You have a hardware problem, or less likely, a driver problem. It is impossible for an application in Windows to cause a hard shutdown of the system, unless something is wrong with the hardware and/or the driver.

I'd suggest you start by ensuring you have the latest vendor driver for your graphics card, and if that doesn't resolve it, check the GPU for issues:
* is it correctly seated in the slot
* are the fans running
* is power supply to it correctly connected and working

Also worth checking the same basic stuff for the CPU.
I don't think it is a hardware problem. I had no issues with the patch before 3.1.2. I was even able to play PoE the same day that the patch launched. As soon as I finished patching this error occured and I have no idea why. PoE is the only game that ever made my PC crash or shutdown by itself.

Nevertheless I checked my hardware the first time after this error happened and everything seemed fine. I even switched out the power supply..

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info