3.1.2 patch via steam

My steam wants to download 8,4 GB after the patch. Makes no sense to me tbh. Is there any way to fix this. I'm on a really slow connection.
Last edited by dEus__ on Jan 18, 2018, 4:27:44 PM
Last bumped on Jan 19, 2018, 2:37:44 PM
Hello. I just uninstalled it of steam myself... I had to download 1.4 GB when my friend told me it was only like 200-300 MB. I am also on a slow connection.

BY THE WAY it doesn't work since the patch. It just finished and the game crashes at the beginning. Can't reach server screen. So I just uninstalled, you should do the same.

Last time (done it 4 times) when searching for corrupted files via steam it always download the whole game (8.4 GB) instead of the missing files (1 or maybe 3 of them).

Just UNINSTALL and get the poe client that's what I'll try.

// H
Last edited by Hawelka on Jan 18, 2018, 4:49:43 PM
Well I'm at 4gb now. I will keep downloading it and see if it works. I also tried copying the ggpk from steam into the folder of the standalone version but the game won't start.
I am at 3.4 GB, uninstalled and got the PoE-client! Playing tomorrow hopefully. Just a lot of problems via Steam. I've reinstalled it 3-4 times already, just played for a few weeks!

// H
"
dEus__ wrote:
My steam wants to download 8,4 GB after the patch. Makes no sense to me tbh. Is there any way to fix this. I'm on a really slow connection.

Steam will download whatever it needs in order to make the files on the local disk an exact mirror of the files on the steam servers. For it to be that size I'd guess you did something which changed enough of the GGPK file that it can't just patch it, it wants to redownload the whole thing.

Sadly, unless you have a backup of the game locally, there isn't much you can do but (a) grit your teeth through this download, and (b) avoid doing anything that touches the GGPK file in future.

(or, if you didn't do anything that could cause that, IDK, hope that your hard disk isn't failing or something?)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info