New to Shaper and Atlas

Hi - I'm relatively new to the Atlas in general. I've run maps before in previous leagues, but with this expansion I'm now into the Atlas proper. I see in the Atlas that there are Shaper influenced (if that's the right word?) maps, so when I run those, I see the cool ground effects, and (usually, but not always) see the Shaper at the start of the map. I also got a few Shaper influenced (again, not sure that's the right word) items from them - one per map.

So my questions are:
1) Why do I not always get a Shaper-influenced item in these Shaper-influenced maps ? Is it random chance?
2) Do you only get at most 1 Shaper-influenced item in these Shaper-influenced maps?
3) Why do I not always have the Shaper show up in boss battles in these Shaper-influenced maps? Is this also random chance?

I've only done up to tier 3 so far, so I realize this will change somewhat as I go deeper (and once I hit tier 6 I guess the Elder now will start having influence as well). But these 3 questions in particular seem like they would be true one way or the other no matter the tier you are in.
Last bumped on Jan 18, 2018, 8:08:02 AM
"
Phalthallus wrote:

So my questions are:
1) Why do I not always get a Shaper-influenced item in these Shaper-influenced maps ? Is it random chance?
2) Do you only get at most 1 Shaper-influenced item in these Shaper-influenced maps?
3) Why do I not always have the Shaper show up in boss battles in these Shaper-influenced maps? Is this also random chance?

I've only done up to tier 3 so far, so I realize this will change somewhat as I go deeper (and once I hit tier 6 I guess the Elder now will start having influence as well). But these 3 questions in particular seem like they would be true one way or the other no matter the tier you are in.

1) yes, all mobs in the zone have a chance to drop shaper influenced items (and elder influenced items in elder maps later on).

2) Nope. No upper limit. I have had zero, i have had 7+.

3) It is again random. Either the shaper will make the boss stronger or summon an agent of the void to attack you during the boss fight or do nothing.

~Myth
Thanks for the super fast response! Much appreciated!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info