Failure of Communication and Mid League "nerf"

"
Hm, how many patches passed between saying the bug was fixed internally and when it was fixed on live realms?
The answer is none. It was said to be a bug and fixed internally on January 10th. The very next patch was January 18th and the bug fix was in that patch.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2050823/page/2#p15190548
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
"
- ''The only people who are completely upset about this nerf are the ones who paid 50-100 ex knowing full well it was bugged there should be no sympathy for them in fact you should laugh at them''

Amen.
Like it was obvious too people did the math etc and yet some of you still bought it like a bunch of sheep.

Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
mark1030 wrote:
"
Hm, how many patches passed between saying the bug was fixed internally and when it was fixed on live realms?
The answer is none. It was said to be a bug and fixed internally on January 10th. The very next patch was January 18th and the bug fix was in that patch.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2050823/page/2#p15190548

Then it being in this patch was completely reasonable and GGG just sucked at some communicating. Thank you for the info.
"
- ''The only people who are completely upset about this nerf are the ones who paid 50-100 ex knowing full well it was bugged there should be no sympathy for them in fact you should laugh at them''

Being upset about the nerf and being upset about a lack of communication are two different things.

Items get changed all the time and there are bound to be cases where some of them get bugfixed, that's nothing new or even particularly interesting.

How and when GGG communicates those changes is more relevant to look at. And notice I haven't said whether something is a buff or a nerf since that shouldn't affect the timeframe or method of communication.
"
"

Being upset about the nerf and being upset about a lack of communication are two different things.

Items get changed all the time and there are bound to be cases where some of them get bugfixed, that's nothing new or even particularly interesting.

How and when GGG communicates those changes is more relevant to look at. And notice I haven't said whether something is a buff or a nerf since that shouldn't affect the timeframe or method of communication.

Considering it is a bug fix this is hardly an issue. They actually even did real nerfs later in the league, like nerfing Shield Charge.

Bug fixes they do all the time if something is out of order. The fixed Vertex giving 50% reduced reservation (which was obviously broken), they fixed Righteous Fire working with Cast on Death, which again was obviously broken.

And beyond that nerfs are no different to buffs. The person buying an expensive item that gets nerfed midleague propably feels as bad as the person selling a cheap item that gets buffed. And buffs also happened a lot during league, sometimes they are just necessary, because thing arent working like they wanted them to work.

Of course their communication could be better... but then again its better than propably 90% of other companies. And after all there is an announcement, it is called patch notes. And of course they could have announced it earlier officially, but then people who bought one before that announcement would be in the exact same spot.
First you are so wrong on so many of your points that it cannot go unchecked.

"
Considering it is a bug fix this is hardly an issue. They actually even did real nerfs later in the league, like nerfing Shield Charge.

Disagree, if you have read any of this thread you would understand its issue after issue because of the way they communicated and implemented the "fix"

Furthermore, the shield charge nerf you were speaking of was in the first month of the league, I actually think it was in the first 2 weeks. Feel free to find the actual patch notes and check for yourself, rather then speculate incorrectly about something you clearly don't know.

"
Bug fixes they do all the time if something is out of order. The fixed Vertex giving 50% reduced reservation (which was obviously broken), they fixed Righteous Fire working with Cast on Death, which again was obviously broken.

My god Vertex working with auras? That was how many years ago, given the wording at the time everyone literally did know that was not the intended function and it was fixed before uber atziri had likely even 20 kills.

Cast on death is a gem, not an item, significantly different in terms of impact. At worst someone rerolled, bought gcp and used it for a day or two.

"
And beyond that nerfs are no different to buffs. The person buying an expensive item that gets nerfed midleague propably feels as bad as the person selling a cheap item that gets buffed. And buffs also happened a lot during league, sometimes they are just necessary, because thing arent working like they wanted them to work.

Not at all. You feel much worst investing into something, then not hanging onto something that gets buffed. Much fucking worst. People work towards goals during the league, after the first 2 weeks, most people feel comfortable using all or most of their wealth towards a build that takes more investment. This jewel is that investment and GGG left it broken for literally half the fucking league.

Buffs do not happen a lot during the league, the last case that was linked to me was after 2.0, which was a "we couldnt get these done during the beta" fix.

"
Of course their communication could be better... but then again its better than propably 90% of other companies. And after all there is an announcement, it is called patch notes. And of course they could have announced it earlier officially, but then people who bought one before that announcement would be in the exact same spot.

No, you do not get to excuse them because the standard for devs is so low.

Furthermore, even if there are patch notes, doesnt excuse the fact that they made comments a week prior both buried here (again not how they handled vd enchant) and on reddit. Allowing those in the know to offload the jewels to those that don't. So let me again say, they should say literally nothing until patch notes or deployment or make a news post about it first.

Furthermore, had they made an announcement about it the same time the VD enchant was found/changed, even if the fix wasn't available, it would at least look like they took some effort to not fuck people over with a rare chase jewel they implemented this league. Their inaction for so long is part of the issue, the lack of QA is part of the issue, its all compounded to a fucking mess.

"
Like it was obvious too people did the math etc and yet some of you still bought it like a bunch of sheep.

Yeah how fucking dare someone buy a chase unique in this game. GGG should clearly have not added it anywhere near as powerful as it is even if its fixed, so that it remains cheap for all of the casuals and so it doesn't have an economical impact on players. That would be a far better game design then you know implementing rare, powerful items that people save up towards.

Give me a fucking break.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
I expended 46 exalts on my jewel, and now is worth 17 ex or less. I would be mad if they broke the jewel, but i still receive a lot of ES from it, and is BiS for ES builds, so i don't understand how the value has dropped too much. But then, i remember about mjolner, from 50 ex to 1 chaos today, and i feel better xD.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info