Failure of Communication and Mid League "nerf"

Actually, I don't understand why I've instantly lost my exalts. It is the only thing which upsets me this nerf.

And to people talking about "definitely bugged": tell me why such "bugged" "definitely op" thing like stygian vise is still in game. Don't you see how it is OP, "not intended", "should be fixed" etc?
Last edited by tsyt on Jan 19, 2018, 2:56:47 PM
"
goetzjam wrote:
But I'm also confused on why you have 3 life flask, a hybrid flask and no deeps\utility flask (except quicksilver).
I actually hate using flasks and would not be sorry if they were removed from the game. Life flasks for emergency...hybrid in case I need mana in a no regen map...and a quicksilver for occassional run speed. If they had a passive that gave you something good in exchange for losing flasks, I would happily take it.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
"
goetzjam wrote:
"
sofocle10000 wrote:

Of course most of these issues could be easily addressed if there were implemented soft caps to max ES pool - Armour and Evasion already have those, why can/should you be allowed to scale ES to ABSURD levels - heck, even HP pool should always be kept in check. Maximum damage could also use a soft cap, and EVERYONE should actually fight for at least 5-10 sec per phase the END GAME bosses, presuming they really are END GAME CONTENT...

Caps are boring to me, so I don't think I would like to see anymore then what is already implemented. To me it just screams, we can be lazy with design because people can't exceed XX or YY.

Well, it certainly beats the alternative where players "feel" entitled to ALWAYS "break the game" - and just as GGG, I'm fine with "clever use of in game mechanics" as long as those don't actually put players that chose a different path at a severe disadvantage, and balancing around pools >20K ES does put HP players at a severe disadvantage IF their alternate mitigation choices aren't min-maxed...

Caps are never boring, as if you're not at least "soft capped" on damage output, or health pool or even mitigation mechanics you either end up with absurd damage from players which renders most end game content on par with the Twilight Strand zombies versus any damage output that surpasses 30 DPS, or renders players totally immune to damage spikes and only very large amounts dealt in a time that doesn't leave any room for reaction can kill them...

Right now, PoE is more boring by having NO SOFT CAPS on health/Es pool or damage, and most of the game feels like "kill before getting killed" is the ONLY option...
PSS: Our almighty TencentGGG overlords are very scrupulous regarding criticizing their abilities to take proper decisions and consider everything "needlessly harsh and condescending"...

Good to know "free speech" doesn't apply in any form or manner on the forums these days...
- ''The only people who are completely upset about this nerf are the ones who paid 50-100 ex knowing full well it was bugged there should be no sympathy for them in fact you should laugh at them''

Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
NOT INTENDED

so yeah bugged item. got fixed we should be happy.

"
Dudebag wrote:
NOT INTENDED

so yeah bugged item. got fixed we should be happy.

Why should "we" be happy when the situation was handled poorly?
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
Yup, the communication sucked. If an item/skill/mechanic is bugged then it should be made absolutely clear that the mechanic is bugged (can't always say what a certain bug is due to possible exploits of more serious stuff than this), that it will be fixed, and a rough time frame on when it will be fixed.

And that should be front and center for everyone to see.

The complexity and options available in PoE mean people care deeply about the game's mechanics and anything that changes them in the middle of the league should be treated with utmost care and transparency. It can take weeks of planning and acquiring items to fully realize a certain build for example, and having that suddenly taken away or nerfed heavily only serves to alienate the playerbase and make us question how things will be handled in the future.

Surely this is something that can be reasonably achieved by a company that makes announcements and communications every weekday?

Hm, how many patches passed between saying the bug was fixed internally and when it was fixed on live realms? I can understand if a patch has its own pipeline and thus might not contain a bugfix implemented internally the day before, but there's still only so long that internal fix can sit there before someone says "This needs to go out yesterday."
Ok i will speak as a user of this jewel, that still uses it in my HOWA Spectral Throw Inquisitor.

First than all, before fix, it gave me around +2500 ES from 7200 ES, and now it gives me +1600 ES aprox (yes people, not everybody plays Guardian, and not everybody will accomplish an ES Pool of 20K before the jewel was fixed). So please, avoid talking like is easy to get that amount of ES, you need to invest a lot after ES was bricked to hell.

Second, i agree that GGG should communicate better with this kind of things. I play since Warbands, but only started playing leagues seriously in Essence, and most of the item huge changes and broken mechanics, interactions, bugs or whatever were left to the end of the league, so they would'nt affect the economy and the players a lot. Now, they don't care about the economy of the players.

Third, every bug should be fixed.

PS: Never balance the game based on the top 1% and not the 99% of the player base.
I have to agree with 1 part of the ops post. Reddit is NOT where game breaking announcements should be made by GGG and it happens time and time again that those who follow reddit instead of checking the OFFICAL poe page get the inside scoop and can do what is similar to insider trading. It is one thing if players post stuff there and ppl don't know about it but when announcemnts from dev's hit there before here is a bit of a weird model.
"
edgewood wrote:
I have to agree with 1 part of the ops post. Reddit is NOT where game breaking announcements should be made by GGG and it happens time and time again that those who follow reddit instead of checking the OFFICAL poe page get the inside scoop and can do what is similar to insider trading. It is one thing if players post stuff there and ppl don't know about it but when announcemnts from dev's hit there before here is a bit of a weird model.
It was posted here first. It just becomes more visible on reddit.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info