Failure of Communication and Mid League "nerf"

"
Antaiseito wrote:
"
goetzjam wrote:
[..]

The only logical explanation I can come up with on the lack of it getting caught by q\a and the lack of it getting fixed is that someone playing the game from GGG was planning on or abusing the bug, but now is ok with it getting "fixed"

wow, didn't take you for the tin-foil kinda guy :o

I'm not really, but do you have a better explanation for why the situation was handled the way it was?
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
goetzjam wrote:
"
Antaiseito wrote:
"
goetzjam wrote:
[..]

The only logical explanation I can come up with on the lack of it getting caught by q\a and the lack of it getting fixed is that someone playing the game from GGG was planning on or abusing the bug, but now is ok with it getting "fixed"

wow, didn't take you for the tin-foil kinda guy :o

I'm not really, but do you have a better explanation for why the situation was handled the way it was?

Actually, as a programmer myself, just reality happening (as imo indicated by Marks honest post about being mighty confused about what's actually going on).
E: Bug was reported, bug was already fixed, time was spent on finding this out -> Decision to leave the fix in the code and roll out in the next patch.

Didn't meant to be mean, i usually agree with your posts..
Last edited by Antaiseito on Jan 19, 2018, 11:33:46 AM
There are still those guys at work feom GGG that want ES to be super bonkers like it was back in the days. Only this time it was detected by the part of the dev team in charge for life builds which have a little more to say now so it got hotfixed -JK

In all seriousness a jewel that provides 7+k ES is broken overpowered as fuck begging on the knees for a swift and relentless nerf slap in the face. Even the "fied" Version only providing 3k+ ES is broken and nerf worthy.

"
zzang wrote:
There are still those guys at work feom GGG that want ES to be super bonkers like it was back in the days. Only this time it was detected by the part of the dev team in charge for life builds which have a little more to say now so it got hotfixed -JK

In all seriousness a jewel that provides 7+k ES is broken overpowered as fuck begging on the knees for a swift and relentless nerf slap in the face. Even the "fied" Version only providing 3k+ ES is broken and nerf worthy.

Its a chase unique with massive amounts of possible rolls and is no more broken then multiple sources of phys damage added as ele, base crit when affected by hatred + another stat or anything else, like instant leech still being in the game.

Fact of the matter is GGG doesn't do balance changes mid league, so to excuse it for that isn't a valid excuse at all.

FeelsBadMan

Its definately a chase unique but 7k+ ES is too much of a chase here.
yo I saw christor_ running around with low life perm 24k ES I was like holy fucking shit wtf is that?! I almost rerolled like hot damn I guess ES is not dead!

Some funny and sad shit right there as I looked at my total life/es pool of 7.5k (between both life and es).
✰CARD✰ The Survivalist
I can’t buy any more big supporter packs because the forum only supports showing 7 legacy tags.
Spoiler
"
goetzjam wrote:
"
DicemanX wrote:
"
goetzjam wrote:

The point is that it is done during the middle of the league, nothing should be done during the middle of the league, else you ruin the purpose of the temp leagues in the first place.

Sorry, but if something is bugged, it should be fixed as soon as possible.

You're crying foul because GGG didn't let you continue exploiting a bug, which is quite frankly a ridiculous thing to complain about. Just be glad you got a chance to exploit a bug for as long as you did.

I'm "crying" foul because of the multiple mistakes that were made in regards to this bug.

You say exploit, but the jewel was purchased before it was known to be bugged (otherwise the guy that gifted it to me would not have bought it for me), was given to me before I had any idea that it wasn't working properly.

But think for a second here. Price is determined by power, even if its bugged. Its not about me, its about the communication. I'll still likely play the character the same as I do now, just be a little bit more careful. I'm speaking for all of the people that have this jewel that aren't going to make a post about it here or on reddit, because people like you will bash them for "abusing bug lul get wrecked"

The big deal here has nothing to do with the jewel "nerf" itself. But rather the implications that letting it be broken for so long and fixing it literally mid league has had.

If you want to defend GGG for fixing the bug, by all means.

But answer any of these points:

1) Why wasn't this caught in Q\A?

2) When was the fix made internally?

3) Why wasn't this communicated like the VD enchant?

4) Why comment about it at all before applying the fix if you aren't going to make a public news post. This ultimately punishes players that don't follow every avenue of the game.

5) Why go at least 1 week, if not longer between mentioning the interaction and deploying the fix, when you mentioned it was fixed internally?

6) Why is it ok for people to use it for 6 weeks, get level 100 or whatever goal they wanted, quit and be unaffected by it, but people that progress slower, bought it 10 days ago are now perhaps regretting the choice made and effectively wasting currency.

Bug fixes are important to deploy depending on severity. In this case the severity has large economical impacts for the players that own or had this item. If it was "so broken" that it needed fixed ASAP, then why wasn't it deployed last week or whenever the patch was available. It must not have been so crucial to get the fix out in terms of "balance nightmare", so they just slap it in with all the other stuff they did in 3.2.2 because they had the fix available, but they did so without thinking of the impact or if they did, without any care for those players that invest their currency during the league.

I'm not saying every single bug needs to not be fixed when possible, but when its a super rare item, with a heavy cost investment into it, it becomes less important. When you drag ass and communicate poorly, it becomes less important. When there is effectively no downside to doing it at the end of the league, it becomes less important. But it seems none of these factors were taken into consideration and it was just slapped into some patch like the people that have this jewel don't matter.

"
Some of us are tired of having PoE balanced only at the end of the leagues, and if that means players need to get "up to snuff" and actually IMPROVE, I can't persuade GGG to do so more often, but solely for this, they will get my continuous support...

They don't "balance" during the league for the same reasons that they shouldn't have handled this situation the way it was.

Following the logic presented here. They should remove instant leech from bloodseeker, prevent multiple phys damage as ele\ect from spawning on elder\shaper items and address any number of the "broken" things introduced this league.

Depends.

Did GGG wanted to "actively" push POWER CREEP to new heights with the new legacy Acuities, Bloodseeker, the new multiple phys damage as ele\ect from spawning on elder\shaper items etc.???

If they wanted it, they need not further address these issues except when they are BUGGED.

If they didn't wanted it, they should have addressed these issues on sight.

So all problems need to be resolved ON SIGHT, or AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. Knowing that even the prices will ALWAYS seem "fair".

Those that actively "try to break the game" should understand that they ALWAYS take a gamble and risk being brought in line.

Of course most of these issues could be easily addressed if there were implemented soft caps to max ES pool - Armour and Evasion already have those, why can/should you be allowed to scale ES to ABSURD levels - heck, even HP pool should always be kept in check. Maximum damage could also use a soft cap, and EVERYONE should actually fight for at least 5-10 sec per phase the END GAME bosses, presuming they really are END GAME CONTENT...
PSS: Our almighty TencentGGG overlords are very scrupulous regarding criticizing their abilities to take proper decisions and consider everything "needlessly harsh and condescending"...

Good to know "free speech" doesn't apply in any form or manner on the forums these days...
This jewel was clear as day to be bugged really really early in the league. It affects only a tiny part, so they left it for a while. I don't see the problem here. Next time don't use buggy items and you won't get disappointed.
"
sofocle10000 wrote:

Of course most of these issues could be easily addressed if there were implemented soft caps to max ES pool - Armour and Evasion already have those, why can/should you be allowed to scale ES to ABSURD levels - heck, even HP pool should always be kept in check. Maximum damage could also use a soft cap, and EVERYONE should actually fight for at least 5-10 sec per phase the END GAME bosses, presuming they really are END GAME CONTENT...

Caps are boring to me, so I don't think I would like to see anymore then what is already implemented. To me it just screams, we can be lazy with design because people can't exceed XX or YY.

"
yo I saw christor_ running around with low life perm 24k ES I was like holy fucking shit wtf is that?! I almost rerolled like hot damn I guess ES is not dead!

Some of the more extreme, less supporty builds could get that much, but at the same time if your less supporty and go that far into scaling it, you arent doing damage either....

"
This jewel was clear as day to be bugged really really early in the league. It affects only a tiny part, so they left it for a while. I don't see the problem here. Next time don't use buggy items and you won't get disappointed.

If it was clear early in the league, why did it take 6 weeks to "get fixed"

Leaving it for a while just screams to me that someone was abusing it that didn't want the fix applied and by someone I mean a staff member.

The problem here is everything I laid out. Letting it be broken causes the market to adjust, causes people to buy into the jewel, fixing it upsets the opposite.

Next time think about how if you had something that was very expensive and got nerfed to be half as effective, if you would be ok with it. Next time, think if you bought something because you thought it worked one way, only for GGG to change it literally mid league, if you would be ok with it.

Think of the people this impacted the most, its not me, its not the mega rich, its the less informed and the people more likely to quit the league\game after receiving such a blow.

Stop acting like you are above anyone else because you don't "use a clearly bugged item"

GGG fucked up here, which is the whole point of the thread.

FeelsBadMan

"
goetzjam wrote:

"

Some of the more extreme, less supporty builds could get that much, but at the same time if your less supporty and go that far into scaling it, you arent doing damage either....

He was RF doing a shit load of damage. He benefited greatly from this bug from being able to take multiple shaper slams as if it was just a scratch.
✰CARD✰ The Survivalist
I can’t buy any more big supporter packs because the forum only supports showing 7 legacy tags.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info