[3.6] Crit Tectonic Slam / Molten Strike Oni-Goroshi Jugg - Clear maps and bosses FAST! (Videos)

"
MrSmiley21 wrote:
Interesting build, but my problem is it requires too many uniques (besides the sword) to really work effectively. Xophs is 7.5ex atm. Kaom's Heart is 4ex. 10ex for an end game build is far above and beyond any reasonable budget for a casual like me. I got the sword, that's it. I was looking for an Oni build that works with just Oni and maybe 100c total for the rest of the slots.

All you really need is the sword, and maybe a Watcher's Eye with phys converted to fire if using Anger. As long as you have a decent amount of life and STR on your gear, you can have over 6k life and still do a ton of damage. The sword, Wildfires, and MS is all you really need for damage. Anything more than that is icing on the cake.
Last edited by roun on Mar 15, 2018, 3:57:13 PM
"
Goro75 wrote:
Love this build guide thus far. I’m a fairly new player and got a Oni. My question is

1) should I follow the molten strike build as it’s about the killing the boss but use the TS gem to clear the map to it?
2) Does the Oni Sword physical dmg always state 6-13 dmg even after I equip it on my lvl 82 Marauder?

Thanks

Yes, and yes. MS with Ancestral Call is still nice for clearing, though.
"
roun wrote:
"
Goro75 wrote:
Love this build guide thus far. I’m a fairly new player and got a Oni. My question is

1) should I follow the molten strike build as it’s about the killing the boss but use the TS gem to clear the map to it?
2) Does the Oni Sword physical dmg always state 6-13 dmg even after I equip it on my lvl 82 Marauder?

Thanks

Thanks!

Also is there any flexibility on gloves helm ? Oskarm is up therein currency
"
Goro75 wrote:
"
roun wrote:
"
Goro75 wrote:

Thanks

Thanks!

Also is there any flexibility on gloves helm ? Oskarm is up therein currency

Just make sure you have at least a nice accuracy roll and attack speed on your gloves. Crafted attack speed from Haku is fine. Accuracy on helm, too.
"
"
leafyr0kr wrote:
Anyone successfully managed to beat Uber Elder with this build yet?

Let you know how it goes when I get there, I am close. Didn't play Abyss league so process of getting there taking a bit longer. Can do Shaper deathless at least.

Build has been a shitshow trying to figure out what works.

I've spec'd into a ton of regen and life, with 2x Kaom's Way, still can't facetank stuff like I'd like to...

Guess I am finding out the hard way how OP Vaal Pact was, because my Berserker will VP in Harbinger could sit there facetanking guardians.

Even with stacked regen, 8k hp, good armor, AND 2 life leech wheels, I still can't facetank stuff like I'd like to.

I've been trying out all kinds of setups trying to find what I like, still haven't gotten there yet...My latest butcheries were giving up damage since I had a shitload in attempt to be able to facetank rippy T15s and shit...Not panning out yet.

I've got it in a good place, but I still feel underwhelmed by my survivability despite my attempts to fix it. I have recently found that LEECH nodes ARE essential though nonetheless. Take Vitality Void 100%, you'll see much greater returns from that than trying to stack a bunch of regen. My next experiment may be to ditch a bunch of regen I spec'd into, take a bunch of dmg back, and see if leech works better instead.

Suggestions and ideas welcome. Can do Shaper and Guardians deathless, but I'd like to be able to do rippy T15s and Guardian's mod'd out as well.

Personally, I rolled this build simply to farm Uber Lab. I've been pleasantly surprised that Shaper is within range of the build, if just so. As a lab runner this build is perfect - for very end game you might get by, but I plan to roll a boss-killer for that purpose.

At any rate, you might be interested in Nathan Boulton's video in which he discusses how he killed Uber Elder using Oni-Goroshi (he's using a Chieftan variant but the approach he takes carries over to Juggernaut).
Last edited by hankinsohl on Mar 16, 2018, 2:15:19 AM
Being honest seeing all about WS and Tectonic to clear speed, MS with multistrike and ancestral call to me has been the same speed just one click and the whole shit just go down ._.
"
hankinsohl wrote:
"
"
leafyr0kr wrote:
Anyone successfully managed to beat Uber Elder with this build yet?

Let you know how it goes when I get there, I am close. Didn't play Abyss league so process of getting there taking a bit longer. Can do Shaper deathless at least.

Build has been a shitshow trying to figure out what works.

I've spec'd into a ton of regen and life, with 2x Kaom's Way, still can't facetank stuff like I'd like to...

Guess I am finding out the hard way how OP Vaal Pact was, because my Berserker will VP in Harbinger could sit there facetanking guardians.

Even with stacked regen, 8k hp, good armor, AND 2 life leech wheels, I still can't facetank stuff like I'd like to.

I've been trying out all kinds of setups trying to find what I like, still haven't gotten there yet...My latest butcheries were giving up damage since I had a shitload in attempt to be able to facetank rippy T15s and shit...Not panning out yet.

I've got it in a good place, but I still feel underwhelmed by my survivability despite my attempts to fix it. I have recently found that LEECH nodes ARE essential though nonetheless. Take Vitality Void 100%, you'll see much greater returns from that than trying to stack a bunch of regen. My next experiment may be to ditch a bunch of regen I spec'd into, take a bunch of dmg back, and see if leech works better instead.

Suggestions and ideas welcome. Can do Shaper and Guardians deathless, but I'd like to be able to do rippy T15s and Guardian's mod'd out as well.

Personally, I rolled this build simply to farm Uber Lab. I've been pleasantly surprised that Shaper is within range of the build, if just so. As a lab runner this build is perfect - for very end game you might get by, but I plan to roll a boss-killer for that purpose.

At any rate, you might be interested in Nathan Boulton's video in which he discusses how he killed Uber Elder using Oni-Goroshi (he's using a Chieftan variant but the approach he takes carries over to Juggernaut).

Thanks, watching now, sure I'll pick up some tips. Think I may combine aspects of both these builds, along with some new things I've found. Thanks roun for the foundation, been fun messing around with this one.
Hello, I'm really enjoying your build so far. It took me 22 hours to farm the oni, and I did it on an old laptop with a track pad, but when I finally got it I went straight into the Tectonic Slam version. My plan is to level with it to 90 and see if it is feasible to fully clear all the content.

I've had a few issues leveling, due mainly to having a laptop that drops below 15 fps and an often non responsive track pad. However, TS, despite its mana costs is great for leveling.

If you think it is wise, you can add some stuff to the guide on leveling with TS.

Mana:

Running with more than 50% mana reserved can hurt you, purity of fire - Herald of Ash is great way to have some mana reserved particularly if you six link it before hand. Wurm's molt belt would be a good addition before you hit the mana leech nodes.

A hybrid flask or a mana flask can help in these situations as well.

I still need to play around with path of building and test out different combinations, but I think your Oni build is hard to beat right now on the forums. Thank you so much for taking the time to create and update the build. Its the only reason I decided to farm oni and go TS. Will check in if I manage to get more DPS out with TS or if I switch it back to MS.

Cheers!
Loving the TS build atm. Had issues with map lvls 7. Ow I can clear them and 9 with no or little issue.

I still need more life at 4600 atm. Any suggestions on how to get more besides skill tree? Also I’m at 75% red but it hinders me from replacing some gear as I would fall below the 75%
Loving the TS build atm. Had issues with map lvls 7. Ow I can clear them and 9 with no or little issue.

I still need more life at 4600 atm. Any suggestions on how to get more besides skill tree? Also I’m at 75% red but it hinders me from replacing some gear as I would fall below the 75%

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info