[Juggernaut] Ahn's Chargeless Tank

So the other Day I talked about Set-Items to a friend and how we miss those on POE.

Made me think about the Ahn Trio and here we go (still without Set Bonus ^^):

Pros:
- Tanky
- Classic Sword and Board PlayStyle
- Niche Build
- Budget (Kind of)
- Can do Temp.Chain Maps easily

Cons:
- DPS not overwhelming
- No Meta
- phys Reflect can be an issue

Lets get started:

Some Numbers:
5k Life
43k Armour (78% DMG reduction!) with Lions Roar 52k/82%
all Res at 78%
43k DPS at Bosses 66k at Bosses (Tooltip without Flasks)

Needed Gear:
Ahn's Trio and 6 Unique Jewels
Recommended
Spoiler

Gems:
Body (Main Attack):
Cleave - Ruthless - Multiple Attacks - PhysDmg - IncCritStrikes - IncrAOE/ConcEff
Shield/Weapon: Leap/FasterAtt/Fortify - IceGolem/Hatred/Enlighten
Boots(Helm/Gloves:
CWDT set up, Herald-Ice/CoH/Enlighten/TempChains, AncestralWarchiefSetup

Skilltree:

Bandits:
Alira for Res and CritMulti
Pantheon:
Arakaali - Shakari (ChaosDMG is a threat!)

Did I miss something? Just ask

Last bumped on Jan 19, 2018, 1:21:35 PM
Thx for trying this, I was considering an "all Ahn's items" build as well.
But your stats look really horrible, probably due to the 6 "useless" jewels.
Low life, low tank, low DpS, low AoE, low everything except armor (but that's the chest).

In the end, none of these items seem worth it at all.
You could get better items in every slot AND 2 jewels AND the benefits of the charges.
First thing to drop is probably the helmet.

---

The other issue is that you're wasting too many skillpoints on inefficient pathing and grabbing so many resists, because you're wearing Alberon's boots and Brass Dome (for whatever reason).

When you wear rares instead, you can save a bunch of minor nodes, invade Rangers area for more DpS and crit, and easily double the DpS while maintaining most of your "tankiness".

Here's a PoB pastebin:
https://pastebin.com/4s1iUkPF
And a tree link:
http://poeurl.com/bKgI

(that tree is probably still not fully optimized, but it's more life, more crit, more DpS, more block, while still being a super "hipster" build with the no charges thing)
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
Last edited by Peterlerock on Jan 18, 2018, 4:45:12 AM
DOH! You're right I guess.

Already changed to wearing Soultaker, Surrender and Abyssus. Gained lots of DPS and Life with different Jewels.

Well, in the end I was just bored and tried that out. Thanks for reading and the hint with the different skiltree
Hello, very nice idea, I like those items thematically too, and I agree with the critic above, that items' functionality does not reveal it's full potential in this particular build. Here, some other nice ideas or food for thought:
1. Dual wielding Ahn's might with Abyssus helmet is very strong and great synergy for something like crit Cleave and ancestral call Dual strike builds (this one I might even try, looks like great DPS). Increased physical damage taken can be greatly mitigated by JUGG and also you save up one jewel socket since one Pacifism can be dropped.
2. Ahn's Contempt in this case is quite misplaced, since Brass Dome negates one of it's main stats of reduced crit dmg taken. However, Contempt helmet is overall not that bad item for other builds since it has great synergy with Broken Faith shield which is very underused = cheap. 12% of phys as additional chaos from Contempt, 10% of phys as additional chaos from Broken faith and 30% of phys as additional chaos from basically permanent Unholy Might buff gained from shield adds up to a great multiplier. Additionally, you get 100% global increased armour if used with Blood Rage. And getting Indomitable node on tree gives total of 70% reduced crit dmg taken, which becomes a mini version of Brass Dome.
3. Ahn's Heritage is a great shield for taking it to maximum of elemental defenses with Purity auras. I did a build league ago with triple Purity Raider uber lab runner, which doubled effectiveness of Onslaught and it was tanking Uber-Izaro slams with Brass Dome. However, DPS was mediocre.

It feels like these three items are Anti-set items, because it is very expensive tree-wise to get all those jewel sockets and use them only for making these items to work. While separating Ahn's items can do much more greatly in various builds in a more cost-efficient way.
Still, thanks for trying this build.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info