How to record and make gifs of my play?

I hope this is the right place for this question.

What is a good reference site or software I can record my gameplay? There is twitch, but two years ago I tried to record myself playing a game from Steam (I did not download PoE from Steam, if that is important) and it did not work. I would love to make some gifs of this game, or better a video with software that actually works.
Last bumped on Jan 18, 2018, 2:32:17 PM
Both nVidia (Shadowplay) and AMD (ReLive) offer this functionality. If you're not happy with the one included with your driver, there's always OBS. You don't have to stream while using it. It's hard to say which you'd prefer, but they're both worth trying to see if you like one.

If you have Windows 10 then it came with Game Bar and Game DVR. You could check those out, but to be honest I've never used either of them - nor do I know of anyone who has.
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
"
Sarno wrote:

If you have Windows 10 then it came with Game Bar and Game DVR. You could check those out, but to be honest I've never used either of them - nor do I know of anyone who has.

I have, and it's pretty idiot proof and the recordings are of a good quality. You'd just need an app or something to convert the video to gif and there are plenty of free ones out there, along with step by step guides to help you through the process. :)
Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.
PS: for the love of the Internet, please don't make GIFs out of your stuff if it is more than a couple frames at miniscuse resolution.

Real video formats are much, much more efficient.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info