[3.2]Abyssal Wander MK III, 6-7.7M Shaper DPS 5.6k -6.2k life, Shaper Kill Vid is Up

"
H_Espenhein wrote:
Does this build map decently fast or is it only a bosskiller?
I'd say the strength is more clearing than bossing. It is a really strong build that scales well with player skill. Amateurs like me can't play it well enough to stay alive. I've been stuck at level 92 forever now. The deaths are usually from bosses, Beyond or something random/unknown.
"
tainium wrote:
"
H_Espenhein wrote:
I'd say the strength is more clearing than bossing. It is a really strong build that scales well with player skill. Amateurs like me can't play it well enough to stay alive. I've been stuck at level 92 forever now. The deaths are usually from bosses, Beyond or something random/unknown.

i'll take a look to your char, there must be something wrong.
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
"
Rupenus wrote:
I'd appreciate that. It is public so you can view and import to PoB. I went away from the other trees that I was posting before and used the mainstream tree for this build. My DPS is better now but my general survivability has dropped off quite a bit. I wasn't tanky before but I felt generally comfortable whereas now I enjoy the DPS boost but am constantly on edge because everything that touches me is a near-death experience.
"
Rupenus wrote:
"
tainium wrote:
"
H_Espenhein wrote:

I am interested to read your thoughts, because I have had similar experience to Rupenus. Great clear speed and a good boss killer, but the survivability is poor for me. 6k life with no additional defense layer result in frequent one-shots.
"
bryoda wrote:

I am interested to read your thoughts, because I have had similar experience to Rupenus. Great clear speed and a good boss killer, but the survivability is poor for me. 6k life with no additional defense layer result in frequent one-shots.

I think i'm very used to play like that. Have you tried using rumi's flask?
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
I'm using granite flask as you suggested but I think the problem we are discussing cannot be solved by a flask alone.

Note that I'm using Acrobatics but not Phase Acrobatics. I'm considering re-adding Phase Acro since it felt quite a bit safer.
Last edited by tainium on Mar 27, 2018, 7:52:20 PM
TBH I never understood how u cant take atleast acro, i mean 2 points for 30% dodge seems just too good to pass.

But that wont really help with one shots all that much, since you would just need like 7-8k life to avaid that, so thats pretty much the way every eva/dodge character playes. But i feel much safer insta leeching myself to the top, than playing with life flasks tbh.
Great build - nice ballance of clear and bossing.

As for survivability issues people report : You can get a decent amount of life. At level 93 I am at almost 6.6k HP and still have at least 3 jewels I could cheaply improve. I also use decoy totem - most bosses ( up to T15 ) die so fast that a decoy every now and then trivializes most fights.

High life, decoy and positioning are key.

Done red Elder ( not deathless yet but only died to misplays ), Liches and T15 maps and almost all my deaths I would say were misplays on my behalf. Its not a facetank build but its ballance of offense vs defense plus mechanical skill makes it feasable for almost all content ( the main content that I consider being an issue are Eradicator and Uber Elder - too much non leeching phases in both fights ).

The only improvement over this build - which I may do next league - is probably something like Norse does - make a yolo qotf mf wander plus a boss killer and switch builds between clear and bossing. But as a compromise of both this is pretty damn good.

Edit : Also minor things like reflection glove enchantment, spell dodge boots enchantment, blind on hit on a jewel help a bit with survivability. Furthermore I use Cyclopean Coil as belt - immunity to freeze and shock give safety / enable more unique flasks to use, e.g. The Wise Oak. I chose to use Ice Bite and Innervate in Lightpacher's - the Innervate buff is almost always up while clearing boosting main damage as well - I try to craft a shaper ring with Assassin's mark on hit instead of the curse on hit Poacher's setup which would also work on bosses ( ideally followed up by a Aspect of the spider instead of empower on Wrath crafted on a ring or amulett which further boosts damage and survivability ).
When Chuck Norris plays PoE masters do his missions
Last edited by AdFinitum on Mar 28, 2018, 8:09:17 AM
"
AdFinitum wrote:
As for survivability issues people report : You can get a decent amount of life. At level 93 I am at almost 6.6k HP and still have at least 3 jewels I could cheaply improve. I also use decoy totem - most bosses ( up to T15 ) die so fast that a decoy every now and then trivializes most fights.

High life, decoy and positioning are key.
I'm trying, man. Level 92 with 6.1k life but I can't get to level 93. I was 50% to 93 at one point but have had so many random deaths that now I'm back to 0%. Feelsbadman

"
AdFinitum wrote:
the main content that I consider being an issue are Eradicator and Uber Elder - too much non leeching phases in both fights
You aren't kidding! Eradicator absolutely ruined me. Purity of Lightning helped.

"
AdFinitum wrote:

Edit : Also minor things like reflection glove enchantment, spell dodge boots enchantment, blind on hit on a jewel help a bit with survivability. Furthermore I use Cyclopean Coil as belt - immunity to freeze and shock give safety / enable more unique flasks to use, e.g. The Wise Oak.
I'm going to look into these innovations further. I also wonder if we could do something more productive with the shield.
"
tainium wrote:
I also wonder if we could do something more productive with the shield.

Personally I stick with Esh's mirror for now - I have my resistances ballanced for The Wise Oak and will only change my shield once I get a good Assassin's mark ring crafted. Other than that I think crafting Aspect of the spider ( possibly on a shield or jewelry ) and using enlighten 3/4 with Wrath and Herald of ice might be a good ballance of offense vs defense. As far as I saw when upgrading Wrath from 20 to 21 an empowered Wrath doesn't really provide too much damage actually while Aspect of the spider will slow enemies by 30% and make them take 15% more damage.
When Chuck Norris plays PoE masters do his missions
Last edited by AdFinitum on Mar 28, 2018, 8:22:43 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info