[3.2]Abyssal Wander MK III, 6-7.7M Shaper DPS 5.6k -6.2k life, Shaper Kill Vid is Up

Hey, I am on a journey of perfecting a wander build which uses Piscator's vigil. On this journey, my first stop was raider, then after i acquired the flasks i switched to pathfinder. You can see the progress in Abyssal Wander thread in ranger build guides thread. this build had 3.5M dps and 5.5k life but It wasn't enough, i wasn't feeling like i an the point where i want to be, there was room for upgrades. My final destination is Scion. Scion Deadeye & Slayer Scion is extremely tanky thanks to slayer leech and has way more damage thanks to better pathing while acquiring the most beneficial passive points in tree than pathfinder. Before starting writing the guide i'd like to thank pannendienst for being my inspiration for this guide. While i was using my abyssal wander, i saw that he is playing with scion deadeye slayer and i realized that version has quite a potential. I changed a lot of stuff on tree and chosen different paths with the way i make the build but his build was my starting point for sure.

videos

shaper kill at lvl 91

https://youtu.be/Ky60E4egJgw

i didn't bother myself with power charge generation there, you can see how's the damage like from the video though.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2051310/page/1 previous build

please ctrl + (plus) to zoom in. this is the dps i have as 5l and at lvl 91. 217K(highlighting cause young boys like high dps) If you take diamond flasks crit chance buff and 37% global elemental penetration of shroud of the lightless the dps get's above 300k on tooltip. Please consider that my jewels are really good, and the outcome will be different for you, that said, with mediocre jewels you can get 3M dps easily. (tested)

what do you think? isn't it Mirrored Item DPS without mirrored items and using crap jewelry.

Attention

I'd like to copy paste the attention part which i've used at previous thread again:

this build is just an implementation of abyss items to generic ele wander with piscators. The dps is really high all thanks to the jewels and overtuned abyss items. The tree is a bit complex and took a lot of time to min-max everything.

It's being wander, it's totally unefficient solution to clear content and kill bosses, yet the more you invest on it the more it gets better. That said, this type of wander is even harder to make & and play with since it completely relies on jewels and being able to get/buy jewels. Besides jewels, this spec is expensive and requires a lot of key items to work. I would say this is a wand build for veterans who knows how to make currency and likes to play wander. 10M barrage effective dps is not far from possible. that's our goal.

Current Gear:
Spoiler

howver, when the build is written lycosidae was around 4 - 5ex. Since it's been produced for cheap during the league now you can find it cheaper. it surely gives more dps and helps you to have more consistent damage output.

Before tree, let me explain the gear choices:

Spoiler
One of the most important items of the build. Helps us to mobs arpund 360 degrees of our character, helps generating power charges with assasins mark & curse on hit. +1 barrage is completely unnecessary, i had exalts and i think this helmet was a good investment. that's it.

Heart of the build. Since the build uses 14 to 16 jewels at high levels, this chest gives really high amount of life, and compensates the lack of penetration of scion compared to pathfinder. A must get.

Intimidate is simply 10% more damage, 10% attack speed, increased maximum life, 2 jewel sockets, provides good chunk of life, probably the best dps gloves for this build, it couldn't get better

for fixing resists this is necessary. Enthroned Darkness is fine too but finding jewels with 10% all resists & life roll is pain in the ass. Also to be able to fix resists you have to sacrifice 2 suffixes on jewels for +all resistances% roll. This gives better life, almost same dps, provides more resistances to the build. IF you lack such belt, enthroned darkness is good too.

this is good to be able to link ice & wrath together with empower. It's just a small dps buff nothing more, if you can have such shield. It's recommended to get if not, it's not necessary to have this shaped mod at all. All resists & life & attack speed is also important.

this is the most asked question. NO, they are not necessary to have. Get good jewels first, get good amulet and rings first, THEN if you have a lot of currency left, get a pair. Good DPS boost, good boots, but you can easily live without them. IF you use rare boots with resistances, you can 4l your KB on boots, completely get jewel which 1 of their suffix haven't sacrificed on 10% all resistances mod. Your dps will be just fine.

Scion can't use vinktar since she can't get status ailments immune. Do we need vinktar though? according to the pob results, diamond flask is as good as it can get for this build. You can roll bleed immunity or freeze immunity as you like.

obvious

Slayer leech & Atziri's promise synergy is amazing.

Since we haven't invested on flask nodes on tree according to the path of building, silver flask grants almost same dps buff as vinktar, also movespeed.

Tree and pob codes

Spoiler
https://pastebin.com/fLfEHgMJ made for lvl 95. You can cut some nodes and see the dps differences. 6M dps, 5.8k life. however, i'd recmmend you to use with 6.2k life while mapping. http://poeurl.com/bJ8Q the tree for people who are not using pob. This tree and build i call it as shaper killer spec. This is the most efficient boss killer.

https://pastebin.com/iRDnuPVj this is my leveling tree. 6.2k Life, way tankier, really safe. here is the tree for those who are not using pob: http://poeurl.com/bJ8P

I also have an edgy tree and edgy character. 7.7M dps considering the culling strike, uses marylene's fallacy and DW piscator's vigil:

https://pastebin.com/t2z9pTJ2 5.6k Life, 7M barrage DPS with culling strike. nuts! I'll try this on shaper, i leveled up with it a little bit, it's quite strong.

How come scion has so high damage over pathfinder? First of all you don't have to use life flasks while being slayer and using wander with high dps. The life leech per sec you have is way better than what a flask can offer in terms of regeneration of life per second. This opens one slot of one more dps flask to use.

As you can see damage on full life is also there, this is simply singlehandedly 30% more dps addition to the tooltip dps compared to added lightning damage. Pathing by Scion is also better. Duelist area starts out really strong, and you don't lose any points while traveling to wand damage area nor while travling to point blank key node.

Links

Spoiler
KB goes here.
auras. Be warned though, if you want to use storm prison jaw of the storm combo for generating power charges before boss rooms, don't link your auras to shield slot at each swap they'll declined.

curse on hit, in phys reflect maps, change one jewel to phys to lightning gem so you won't die to reflect.

summon ice golem + enhance.

vaal haste & phase run(a short movement speed boost)

jewels

Spoiler

Pantheon choices & leveling & Ascendancy tree progression

coming soon
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
Last edited by Rupenus on Apr 18, 2018, 5:00:41 AM
Last bumped on Sep 13, 2018, 3:26:11 PM
Great guide, literally can't wait to try this out as soon as I earn some currency on the new league.

Thank you for sharing such a great build.

PS: Pantheon choices & leveling & Ascendancy tree progression would be very appreciated
well written guide gj!

fun not playing a ranger wander
seems very expensive lol
"
turbotime wrote:
seems very expensive lol

you don't need the 2 socketed boots, but jewels might get expensive, or you have to wait really long to snipe one for cheap.
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
Any chance for some leveling section? Did you go straight with KB/Barrage or leveled with other skills?
I guess a GG shaper imbued wand with 20% chaos and t1 IAS outshines piscator
20% chaos, t1 wed and t1 ias + master crit is a 3.6% increase
t1 cold, t1 fire, t1 cold, t1 ias + master crit just 0,2% decrease
t1 crit multi is adding 5%, but u'r lacking crit multi on amy and rings, so reasonable

But will check ur pob
Maybe I'll do a second build this league -.-

Those jewels are sick
Need 300ex right now!!!
Last edited by Ceratoidei on Jan 16, 2018, 4:56:22 PM
"
Asag wrote:
Any chance for some leveling section? Did you go straight with KB/Barrage or leveled with other skills?

i leveled as "phys wander" with poet's pen. at lvl 65 which is the level requirement to use piscator's vigil i switched to my main wand. you may level as storm could bowyer too.

"
Ceratoidei wrote:
I guess a GG shaper imbued wand with 20% chaos and t1 IAS outshines piscator
20% chaos, t1 wed and t1 ias + master crit is a 3.6% increase
t1 cold, t1 fire, t1 cold, t1 ias + master crit just 0,2% decrease
t1 crit multi is adding 5%, but u'r lacking crit multi on amy and rings, so reasonable

But will check ur pob
Maybe I'll do a second build this league -.-

Those jewels are sick
Need 300ex right now!!!

the jewels are expensive, so the rest of my gear is very basic, my rings are 25c stuff, belt is 3ex, the highest DPS variant in "trees" section uses 1c amulet Marylene's Fallacy, the one i use while mapping i did in 1000 alterations. For 3-5% DPS difference i didn't want to invest on good rings since they are extremely overpriced this league. IF you have such currency to buy better wand and better rings be my guest and show the results to us : ) I'm excited to see.
Helmet 20ex+
Chest 9ex+
Boots 25ex
Gloves 2.5ex
Jewellery 4ex
Belt 3ex
Shield 6ex?

70ex

14gg jewels
70ex

Ok 140ex, I need to earn currency, but yeah, I consider it, it looks very good.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info