PSA: Do not use Lions Roar flask or any other kind of knock back. It causes dsync

All,

I intend to make a dedicated post to the bugs forum later today with video evidence, but until then I wanted to get the word out on this.

Any form of Knock Back will dsync the monster you knocked back until either they move or die. You can test this simply by going to an atoll map and use cyclone with lions roar flask on the boss. You will find out that your hit detection will get wonky and you will stop hitting the boss consistently. If you do manage to kill it, it's loot will drop in a different location then you last saw the boss. The reason is because the monster is in a different location on the server then on your client, and the server is "always right" when it comes to hit detection.

The reason I say to go to atoll is because those bosses do not move and will be dsynced until you manage to kill them.

You will also notice this with crit bow builds who use the knock back on crit node. Ever use barrage on a boss and all of a sudden your hits stop registering? The boss is dsynced because of knock back.

If you want a better play experience I HIGHLY recommend removing all forms of knock back until GGG resolves this.

EDIT
Link to bug forum post with videos.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2073510
Last edited by furiousgeorge on Jan 14, 2018, 2:37:16 PM
Last bumped on Feb 17, 2018, 9:34:35 AM
Thanks for this. I was wondering what went wrong with my bow char and the obvious answer is I added King of the Hill.
"
themightypuck wrote:
Thanks for this. I was wondering what went wrong with my bow char and the obvious answer is I added King of the Hill.

You bet!
Fixed or is this still the case?
That's weird cause I use lions roar on my lvl 91 sunder slayer and have never had any problems and I've never experienced anything like your describing.
"
That's weird cause I use lions roar on my lvl 91 sunder slayer and have never had any problems and I've never experienced anything like your describing.

Go to an atoll map and use a low dps weapon and knock the boss around a bunch. You will notice it
"
themightypuck wrote:

Got no problem with king of the hill.
If you are thinking about the rhoa boss in arid lake then you should know that boss is the dsync teleport king of the game.
Just wanted to give thanks for this thread!

I have much less of a problem with dsync during combat now that I've dropped my flasks with "Knockback" effects.

It wasn't an issue in small engagements, but in large groups it ended up causing a lot of dsync/lag issues and "teleporting" of mobs.

There's still some problems there, but Knockback effects definitely add to those issues. So, use Knockback at your own risk!

(Thanks again, OP. Your's was the first I read on this issue, certainly not the only one, and it helped me during my first experience with PoE.)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info