How neccessary is it to reduce reflected damage?

I am building a flicker strike slayer and I am wondering what ascendancy nodes to get. I was thinking Impact, Endless Hunger, Brutal Fervor, and Bane of Legends. This of course means no Headsman so I will miss out on the reduced reflected damage. I would eventually like to do high end maps with him, but I know damage reflect mobs will wreck me. How often do you come across damage reflect maps and or monsters that have damage reflect? Is it mandatory I have high damage reflect reduction? Thank you.
Last bumped on Jan 13, 2018, 5:16:23 PM
reflected damage is a non-issue now as they removed the reflect rare monster mod and replaced it with something, well, Im playing the third char and have yet to figure out what it is supposed to do. So no, you dont need to care about reflect any more. You will just have to avoid reflect maps (which you would have to anyways as the 50% reduced would not be enough for that).
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Last edited by Ludvator on Jan 12, 2018, 6:28:02 PM
I agree with Ludvator. Just reroll reflect maps, the reflect rares are a non-issue now.
Account inactive since Tencent majority share acquisition.
Thanks for the advice and if I were to get a reflect map all I have to do is use an Orb of Alteration on it to give it a different mod?
"
Thanks for the advice and if I were to get a reflect map all I have to do is use an Orb of Alteration on it to give it a different mod?

If it is magic (blue) then yes.

If it is rare (yellow) you would need to reroll with a chaos orb.
Poor Scion can't catch a damn break. They redux the Ascendant class to givbe it access to coveted reflect reduction mods and make it halfway useful...then they make reflect reduction a mostly pointless thing that doesn't even work correctly right now, as I recall. Ascendant back to being butt tier. God I miss being able to play Scions and not feel bad...
"
1453R wrote:
Poor Scion can't catch a damn break. They redux the Ascendant class to givbe it access to coveted reflect reduction mods and make it halfway useful...then they make reflect reduction a mostly pointless thing that doesn't even work correctly right now, as I recall. Ascendant back to being butt tier. God I miss being able to play Scions and not feel bad...

I would not expect such strong statement from you. Scion is not weak. Her individual strengths are not as great as pure classes have, but shes has more of them and this can result in great power when combined properly.

she has 5 extra skill points and better access to jewel slots.

she has the ability to start from different locations in tree. This can be very handy for some specific builds. Last league I made crit facebreaker build, and my tree was located in duelist/berserker and shadow area. I wasn't able to receive similar numbers with other classes and I tried..

Class perks are not weak any more. there are many good ones. for example hierophant has the extra totem which in times of 6L helmets is great for both pure totems and totem/self damage builds (plus free power charge generation).. Combine it with Assassin (which is maybe better than current pure Assassin lol) and here you go. There are ofc many possible synergies, thats the one I used. And this one would be much stronger now..

IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Last edited by Ludvator on Jan 13, 2018, 5:20:06 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info