[3.1]Another damn wanderer! 2M+ Damage! Shaper and Uber atziri deathless!

"
Damezumari wrote:
I am going to start today variant of this, trying to do one with lightpoacher - it seems nice addition to clearing speed, and may enable clearing with just barrage to shoot 'few' mobs, and then lightpoacher AOE taking care of the rest. TBD if this will work, we will see in couple of days.

As Starkonja's is only used for its health, attack speed and crit chance, really strong abyss jewels with lightpoacher will be better. It's by no means a forced item, so it should definitely be viable
"
Raudonis wrote:
Can this be played on Standard ?

Yes and no. The build is based around shroud of the lightless and multiple abyss jewels. People have ripped these things into standard from hardcore abyss, but unless you get lucky and find someone selling these items(Which will be extremely expensive, I'm guessing), then no, I'm afraid it can't until abyss league ends and everything is transfered over to standard
Been having a lot of fun with a variation of this build. Bought the general starting gear for a Spectral Throw character that felt very underwhelming. I searched for something good to respec and this one had a lot of overlap, plus I've never fully played a wander.

Gear

While the gear is expensive (and seemingly getting more so as it gets more popular), it feels well worth every investment made into the build. Each upgrade adds impressive amounts of power. After getting Dying Sun last night, the only major upgrade left for me is maybe a +1 Barrage helm, and jewel refinement.

After reviewing a couple other builds and playing around in PoB, I did the following tweaks (Trying to maximize a level 90 tree):
* Skipped the Fusillade node in favor of more life with Cruel Preparation. This allows for another jewel socket and the 3-point Wandslinger notable. (With some gear upgrades, I may still go that path, since it offers 10% more effective crit chance for me)

* Chose Deadeye over Raider. Raider offers easy Boss frenzies and lots of speed, but Deadeye feels much stronger offensively. Extra projectile, perfect for Barrage. 2 targets pierced means you can drop Pierce Support from KB. Mini-Far Shot counteracts some of the Point Blank downside. Projectile Speed is nice QoL with gem changes (Slower Projectiles).

* Because of the free pierce from Deadeye, I freed up a slot on KB. I decided to slot PCoC in there, since the damage was already enough to one-shot trash in T15s and PCoC allows me to be at full Power charges while mapping (and Blood Rage allows for full Frenzy). Aside from bosses with phases, I can easily kill them before the charges expire. Alternatively you could use Damage on Full to really boost the KB damage to absurd levels.

* Not reflected in the gear yet, but with Deadeye and Dying Sun, Slower Projectiles is much stronger than GMP for Barrage. With Deadeye and a +1 helm, Slower Proj is stronger even without Dying Sun active.

* Since Blood Rage requires kills, I dropped Orb of Storms and instead use Frenzy - CoH - Proj Weakness - PCoC. Since this build is capable of so much damage, the curse isn't really needed much outside Shaper/Elder/Guardians, so attaching it to a single target skill is fine for my needs. Between Jaws of Agony and Frenzy + PCoC, it's quick to get charges built up and enemy cursed for the initial burst DPS.

Overall, this is just a really well designed build that offers many paths for power upgrades over time. As nice as it is to find that league starter build that can clear content on a shoestring budget, it's very satisfying to have a build that has a lot of chase items that requires playing the game and earning currency. There are always little improvements to be made for the min-maxers.
Last edited by nEgativezEro89 on Jan 23, 2018, 2:07:29 PM
Cant trust you 2M dps on shaper with that shitty amulet you play, realy 0 optimisation here.
"
Nidseix wrote:
Cant trust you 2M dps on shaper with that shitty amulet you play, realy 0 optimisation here.

Well, you can import my current character from my profile which is around 3.9M DPS with everything online(Remove power charges if you think they're too unreliable). 2M DPS was with the gear I've provided in the build(1.8M without power charges, as mentioned). If you don't trust it, that's not something I can deny you, but I do have a video showcasing shaper kill on the 2M DPS for reference
Last edited by RainbroDasher on Jan 26, 2018, 10:37:06 AM
Hey! Seems Like a Nice build.
I have a question.

Can you go Low life build with shav and such, with it, and still do really good?
If yes, anyone who have time and would Like to help me out?

-Jh
"
Jhunsals wrote:
Hey! Seems Like a Nice build.
I have a question.

Can you go Low life build with shav and such, with it, and still do really good?
If yes, anyone who have time and would Like to help me out?

-Jh

I have no idea, honestly. The chest is a core piece of the build, as are the abyss jewels, so you'd have a hard time scaling any real ES with it. As a result, I'm afraid I'll have to say no. You're free to prove me wrong and I won't argue, but I honestly don't think it's worth it
Played a character inspired by this for 3.2. I did a few things differently though:

* I didn't bother with Orb of Storms or Jaws for power charges.
* I used Aspect of the Spider instead of Herald of Thunder. Aspect of the Spider is SO GOOD, especially if you're in a party.
* I used Bubonic Trail. They gave me more life and damage, and they fit the build's theme. The only problem is resistance...
* I used Purity of Elements instead of Wrath. There were two reasons for this: First off, it just makes managing resists and upgrading gear a lot easier. But more importantly, I often played with someone running Elemental Equilibrium. So when I was with him, using Purity instead of giving him lightning damage gave me way more DPS.
* I took the wand damage nodes at the top of the tree instead of the wand attack speed nodes. They give me more damage.
* I didn't bother with a curse.
* I used Vaal Haste and Vaal Lightning trap for most things.

I completed 40/40 challenges entirely on this character. Had absolutely no problem doing Shaper, Uber Atziri, the Beastiary bosses, or any of the other pre-3.2 bosses. Uber Elder really put me in my place the first time I fought him though. His ice spear attack is often a one-hit KO when you're just over 5k health. But after I got more health and damage and learned to dodge the spears better, Uber Elder wasn't too hard.

I'm at 6065 life and 2.9M Shaper DPS without Vaal skills or party buffs. 5M+ DPS in a party with someone cursing and applying Elemental Equilibrium.

Path of Building: https://pastebin.com/AF6Psv6S
Stay up-to-date: gggtracker.com
Last edited by rz2yoj on Apr 14, 2018, 2:27:23 AM
"
rz2yoj wrote:
Played a character inspired by this for 3.2. I did a few things differently though:

* I didn't bother with Orb of Storms or Jaws for power charges.
* I used Aspect of the Spider instead of Herald of Thunder. Aspect of the Spider is SO GOOD, especially if you're in a party.
* I used Bubonic Trail. They gave me more life and damage, and they fit the build's theme. The only problem is resistance...
* I used Purity of Elements instead of Wrath. There were two reasons for this: First off, it just makes managing resists and upgrading gear a lot easier. But more importantly, I often played with someone running Elemental Equilibrium. So when I was with him, using Purity instead of giving him lightning damage gave me way more DPS.
* I took the wand damage nodes at the top of the tree instead of the wand attack speed nodes. They give me more damage.
* I didn't bother with a curse.
* I used Vaal Haste and Vaal Lightning trap for most things.

I completed 40/40 challenges entirely on this character. Had absolutely no problem doing Shaper, Uber Atziri, the Beastiary bosses, or any of the other pre-3.2 bosses. Uber Elder really put me in my place the first time I fought him though. His ice spear attack is often a one-hit KO when you're just over 5k health. But after I got more health and damage and learned to dodge the spears better, Uber Elder wasn't too hard.

I'm at 6065 life and 2.9M Shaper DPS without Vaal skills or party buffs. 5M+ DPS in a party with someone cursing and applying Elemental Equilibrium.

Path of Building: https://pastebin.com/AF6Psv6S

Build was made for abyss, so there's probably better opportunities. A guide is only a guide. Things can probably always be improved. Glad you enjoyed it though, even if you made some changes!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info