Never ever play a shit game called Destiny 2.

Hah, I just ran a low-level Capture to get a couple Argon Crystals myself.
Do remember that feeling, from back when Tellurium was first introduced. Took some real effort to get enough of that together and research/build Itzal (nine! Tellurium), but now I've some 20 to spare? A fair chunk of that from incidental drops while gathering friggen Polymer Bundles... Always more polymer. Anyways, yeah, it's a pretty nice feeling to 'just have some', after that period of 'never having any', haha. "Oh, it requires Tellurium? That's fine."

Speaking of good mechanics:
One of the things I'd sorely miss is being able to slot 12-drain Hornet Strike and a Damage mod on an unranked sidearm. That was such a clever change, making minimum mod-cap of your gear equal to Mastery Rank. Gear tends to start out pretty workable now, instead of entirely dead weight. <3

's Too bad co-op would likely be.. impractical.
AH that is why that works. Interesting. Didn't realise it was tied to mastery. That's clever indeed!
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Though not a fan of shooters, I played Destiny1 in a clan because a friend played it, and it was his first "MMO" and he was really excited to play it.

I solo'd 99% of the time, because he really really liked raids, and I hated them.

When Destiny 2 was announced, I quit D1, and saw a horrible future for the game with everything they were talking about... but my friend was gungho to play it (he pre-ordered the $100 special pack), so I bought it for $60 to help out his clan get clan xp)

During his break, he started playing Elder Scrolls Online, and got hooked. (and he does amazing in PVP, top 2% or something.)

Destiny 2 was a waste of money, and nothing they've announced going forward looks like it'll help at all. Glad I didn't get the season pass or anything else.

-----

ESO had a leveling up special event that I played non-stop... but when that ended, I noticed a little Warframe booster pack thingy in PS+... and it's a free to play game... figured I'd give it a try, not having read any reviews.

At the time, I thought it was just another shooter game like Destiny, and I didn't want any part of it. However, I liked the art direction, and the heavy focus on melee weaponry. (they had double bladed staff weapons! I mean... my FAVORITE weapon of all time! I had to try it.)

I listened to a review to get an idea of what's to come, and I liked this little description:
It's like Destiny 2 with your super on all the time!
And yeah, it feels like that.

Everything about the game feels like the devs asked themselves "how can we make this fun?", not "how can we limit the players to fit in our box?"

While the game has Pay2Win type cash shop stuff... it's not a competitive game, it's cooperative in all the aspects that I care about (I guess there's conclave, but I don't need to care about it.) And you can earn everything in the game through pure focused grinding... you can even sell stuff you grind for, for the real-money type currency of platinum, without paying a cent!

Overall, I'm having a blast running around with an Orthos staff blade and I haven't bothered to upgrade my primary or secondary weapons since I started (MK1-Braton is still rank 27, and AK Magnus from the booster pack is still 27... got max rank Heat Sword, Max Rank MK1-Bo, and now Max Rank Orthos...) I never shoot unless there's a bonus objective to kill with headshots or pistols or rifle kills.

And it's fun.
Did I mention it's fun?
I just started playing (Warframe) last night. It’s really stale right now, but that’s because I’m only about an hour in, and there is zero itemization at this point beyond the first mission. I know that’ll likely change soon.

That said, I’m having a fucking blast mercing fools with my kunai like a happy little space ninja.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
Why would one even buy this dumpster fire of a game, lol?
If you have too much money and really need to spend it, I could use a dollar or two. :DDDD
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Last edited by Perq on Jan 29, 2018, 6:11:31 AM
"
CanHasPants wrote:
I just started playing (Warframe) last night. It’s really stale right now, but that’s because I’m only about an hour in, and there is zero itemization at this point beyond the first mission. I know that’ll likely change soon.

That said, I’m having a fucking blast mercing fools with my kunai like a happy little space ninja.

I'm really not familiar with current-day progression, having started forever ago, but in the past month I've bought a bunch of weapon and Warframe slots to keep pace, haha. Probably going to bring my Corinth up to snuff soon as well, to have two Crit Shotguns to play with (the other being Vaykor Hek), plus the non-Crit Tigris... And that's just shotguns :p

Yeah there's plenty to play with, haha.
I have played Destiny 2, it seems to be interesting at the beginning, but with passing time you yet bored with it. My friend has now got the Playerunknown's battlegrounds game from the official site of Instant-gaming. We are now playing this game that has a new battle theme, that has the aim to be the ultimate survivor.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
CanHasPants wrote:

I'm really not familiar with current-day progression, having started forever ago, but in the past month I've bought a bunch of weapon and Warframe slots to keep pace, haha. Probably going to bring my Corinth up to snuff soon as well, to have two Crit Shotguns to play with (the other being Vaykor Hek), plus the non-Crit Tigris... And that's just shotguns :p

Yeah there's plenty to play with, haha.

Oh, I’m sure there is. It was just unexpected, the lack of variety at the start. It’s starting to open up, slowly, now that I’m (slightly) better informed to make better decisions. Besides buying Aklatos with creds, Im still using my starter gear. Not a fan of any of the primary weapons available at the moment, so I’ve been running incursions for Cernos Prime. I think that was the problem—setting what is realistically a long term goal as my immediate objective. So, I’ve switched gears and started working my way to the end of Mars so I can start farming Galium for Galantine. I’ve enjoyed playing without a primary so far, so why change that now?

That’s the beautiful thing. I don’t feel like I’ve wasted any time. Even though I’ve made nominal progress so far (or, progress in a direction without a short term payout), it was all in good fun.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
"
grepman wrote:
the whole retard movement for shooters. regen health instead of having to have good level designers

LONG LIVE UNREAL TOURNAMENT. no health regen. map knowledge is key. i would love to see more interest in AFPS games in modern times.
░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▄███▄░░░░░
░░░░░▄▀▀░░░░░░░▐░▀██▌░░░░
░░░▄▀░░░░▄▄███░▌▀▀░▀█░░░░
░░▄█░░▄▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▐░░░░█▌░░░
░▐█▀▄▀▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▌░░░░░▐█▄░░
"
cgheezey wrote:
"
grepman wrote:
the whole retard movement for shooters. regen health instead of having to have good level designers

LONG LIVE UNREAL TOURNAMENT. no health regen. map knowledge is key. i would love to see more interest in AFPS games in modern times.

DOOM.

Rip and tears while headbanging
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info