[3.6] Ele Spectral Throw Slayer/Pathfinder (7.5k+ HP, 1.5M+ Shaper DPS, All Content down- VIDS)

"
Bloomie wrote:
Hey, managed to get a ring with sassin mark on hit, What do you think i should replace the curse on hit setup with? think it would be worth going enlighten 4 with an extra herald or something else?

ty in advance.

Yea maybe another Herald could work idk haven't tried it
"
lzlucas wrote:
I'm looking for an upgrade, but i have no idea what to chang.
Spoiler

Your sword would be better if it was t1 lightning and less of other elements. Opals could pick up some flat lightning rolls for a bit more money as well. Gear doesn't look too bad.
Im searching for a new sword for a few days, but sellers are always offline.
how do you sustain your intelligence im using 2 int node on skill tree right now but still lacking so much for my wrath skill.
"
macky99erz wrote:
how do you sustain your intelligence im using 2 int node on skill tree right now but still lacking so much for my wrath skill.

I've been playing this build in HC and I was running with Grace (and Vaal Grace which I'm still planning on using) but I came to realise that I would need more damage for higher red tier map.

Then I also ran into the problem of not having enough intelligence even though my amulet gives me +44, but I did opt for picking up the jewel between ranger and scion instead of Nullification and Coldhearted Calculation. So instead I decided on using Anger with a +48 crit multi watcher's eye that I picked up for only 60c.

As a whole the build feels very sub-par compared to what my guildies are playing, when I played with my support friend (who as a side-note just died on yellow-tier elder with a 40 ex jewel because of an interaction between the ring one-shot and the Zana bubble one-shot making the timer to get to safety way shorter) the build felt moderately quick and very defensive. But when another guildie who's playing ele hit joined I was basically just running along like the support lol.

As others have pointed out the stated 1.5M+ shaper DPS is not really accurate and calculated very wrong thanks to an inflated PoB configuration and the mechanics behind ST. The shock gives at most a few percent, not 50% like the ticked PoB setting. Frenzy charges during boss fights as Pathfinder is not really achievable either. Power Charges are attainable if you switch out the CoH for a Orb of Storms setup. On the positive side it's possible to triple the stated DPS of spectral throw under perfect circumstances by hitting the enemy three times with every attack, but for enemies that move around a lot the effective DPS is very sketchy. This is one of those cases where if you can manage to reach a certain threshold where you phase bosses before they start moving it will feel and look smooth but if you can't manage that then you will very likely be struggling.

Getting good jewels from poe.trade has been absolutely impossible, the supply just isn't there. Crafting them myself would take a lot of alterations (9:1c atm) because of how GGG designed the abyss jewels where the murderous ones for "melee" weapons can roll stats for so many bases compared to the hypnotic eye ones which only roll generic flat damage as well as bow and wand specific stats.

I've actually been thinking about respeccing into something else (hopefully also something elemental-attack oriented so I don't have to switch out all of the gear as well), but don't get me wrong the build is a blast to play and spectral throw feels very satisfying most of the time (not in doorways that's for sure). If you're in softcore and able to get away with some pure damage jewels and the less defensive option of a sword instead of a claw as well as being able to invest some currency into gear the build should most definately be able to do everything at a decent pace but compared to the meta cookie cutter builds the mechanics behind spectral throw are sadly quite limiting.
Very interesting in your build, I'm now play ST with elementalist, is this better?
I got all gears in following expect a coil, amulet and rings.
I got a 2 abbyssal socket bubonic trail, is that good for this build? But if I gonna use it, I should go a few res jewels, is it worth?
Or I should go a rare helmet or boots to instead? But I feel it’s a waste.
Last edited by 1i1W4DE on Jul 10, 2018, 7:49:13 PM
Solid build, although I need to upgrade many things like jewels and rings/amulet I feel very comfortable playing it. So far I did Uber lab, Atziri, Uber Atziri, Guardians, Red Elder and Shaper + t16 maps with every mod but ele refl/no leech are ez pz. The only annoying thing for Spectral Throw are doorways :(
"
crdn wrote:
Solid build, although I need to upgrade many things like jewels and rings/amulet I feel very comfortable playing it. So far I did Uber lab, Atziri, Uber Atziri, Guardians, Red Elder and Shaper + t16 maps with every mod but ele refl/no leech are ez pz. The only annoying thing for Spectral Throw are doorways :(

Yea doorways feel really bad. Hopefully they'll do something about it ;/
Got a question, why the lv100 tree you gave is different from your own passives?
Which should I follow?
"
VikingBrahh wrote:
"
macky99erz wrote:

I've been playing this build in HC and I was running with Grace (and Vaal Grace which I'm still planning on using) but I came to realise that I would need more damage for higher red tier map.

Then I also ran into the problem of not having enough intelligence even though my amulet gives me +44, but I did opt for picking up the jewel between ranger and scion instead of Nullification and Coldhearted Calculation. So instead I decided on using Anger with a +48 crit multi watcher's eye that I picked up for only 60c.

As a whole the build feels very sub-par compared to what my guildies are playing, when I played with my support friend (who as a side-note just died on yellow-tier elder with a 40 ex jewel because of an interaction between the ring one-shot and the Zana bubble one-shot making the timer to get to safety way shorter) the build felt moderately quick and very defensive. But when another guildie who's playing ele hit joined I was basically just running along like the support lol.

As others have pointed out the stated 1.5M+ shaper DPS is not really accurate and calculated very wrong thanks to an inflated PoB configuration and the mechanics behind ST. The shock gives at most a few percent, not 50% like the ticked PoB setting. Frenzy charges during boss fights as Pathfinder is not really achievable either. Power Charges are attainable if you switch out the CoH for a Orb of Storms setup. On the positive side it's possible to triple the stated DPS of spectral throw under perfect circumstances by hitting the enemy three times with every attack, but for enemies that move around a lot the effective DPS is very sketchy. This is one of those cases where if you can manage to reach a certain threshold where you phase bosses before they start moving it will feel and look smooth but if you can't manage that then you will very likely be struggling.

Getting good jewels from poe.trade has been absolutely impossible, the supply just isn't there. Crafting them myself would take a lot of alterations (9:1c atm) because of how GGG designed the abyss jewels where the murderous ones for "melee" weapons can roll stats for so many bases compared to the hypnotic eye ones which only roll generic flat damage as well as bow and wand specific stats.

I've actually been thinking about respeccing into something else (hopefully also something elemental-attack oriented so I don't have to switch out all of the gear as well), but don't get me wrong the build is a blast to play and spectral throw feels very satisfying most of the time (not in doorways that's for sure). If you're in softcore and able to get away with some pure damage jewels and the less defensive option of a sword instead of a claw as well as being able to invest some currency into gear the build should most definately be able to do everything at a decent pace but compared to the meta cookie cutter builds the mechanics behind spectral throw are sadly quite limiting.

Build feels subpar because ST just doesn't scale nearly as well as other more meta skills. As I've explained before, the POB is just to compare against other builds. In reality, the build does even more dps than POB says because the projectile isn't calculated correctly in POB (hitting multiple times).

Basically comes down to ya gotta really enjoy the playstyle to deal with the poor ST scaling. I agree that ST simply can't compete with other more meta skills.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info