Xbox 3.1.1d Patch Status and Communication

Hello everyone,

We wanted to take a moment to post an update regarding the status of the Xbox 3.1.1d patch. We're really sorry about the long delay between the release of 3.1.0 in December and this first update to it. We understand that it is frustrating to see problems get fixed on PC that still haven't been updated on our Xbox version. The holiday period made it very difficult for us to release a patch quickly, but our team are almost entirely back now. Our goal moving forward is to significantly reduce the time between PC and Xbox patches. Because of certification requirements, we believe that approximately a week is a good time to aim for. We expect to be much more consistent with hitting this in the future.

We really want to improve communication regarding the status of Xbox patches, so we'll keep replying to this thread with updates every few days. This policy will continue for other patches in the future, so you will always have a good idea of where things are at. Some updates may be short, but will hopefully reassure you that we are hard at work on the Xbox version of Path of Exile.

This patch is now on the live realm.

Thank you all for your patience with us over the past few weeks. Your bug reports and feedback are extremely useful!
Last edited by Jeff_GGG on Jan 21, 2018, 2:49:43 PM
Last bumped on Jan 16, 2018, 8:36:08 PM
Thank you Jeff. We love this game and we love that we are going to be getting more communication from you. After all, we like chatting with you guys.

And we love this game. Despite its frustrations.
Thank you for the update Jeff. Does this update put the trade board in hideout? Please say yes.....please.
Are you Jeff from the OverWatch team?
"
kahcirav wrote:
Thank you for the update Jeff. Does this update put the trade board in hideout? Please say yes.....please.

No this isn't part of the update. After we have this patch complete I'll discuss this issue further with the team to see when it can be done.

"
KirbysBackk wrote:
Are you Jeff from the OverWatch team?

I'm just another Exile in the world of Wraeclast my friend!
Thank you for this positive view into the future.
"
Jeff_GGG wrote:
Hello everyone,

We wanted to take a moment to post an update regarding the status of the Xbox 3.1.1d patch. We're really sorry about the long delay between the release of 3.1.0 in December and this first update to it. We understand that it is frustrating to see problems get fixed on PC that still haven't been updated on our Xbox version. The holiday period made it very difficult for us to release a patch quickly, but our team are almost entirely back now. Our goal moving forward is to significantly reduce the time between PC and Xbox patches. Because of certification requirements, we believe that approximately a week is a good time to aim for. We expect to be much more consistent with hitting this in the future.

Our current 3.1.1d patch is getting very close to submission. We have only one remaining issue to solve and can then send it to Microsoft for certification. While we can't predict the exact release date, it's likely to be around a week away. You'll hear as soon as we have a firm date!

We really want to improve communication regarding the status of Xbox patches, so we'll keep replying to this thread with updates every few days. This policy will continue for other patches in the future, so you will always have a good idea of where things are at. Some updates may be short, but will hopefully reassure you that we are hard at work on the Xbox version of Path of Exile.

Thank you all for your patience with us over the past few weeks. Your bug reports and feedback are extremely useful!

Can you share any priorities for next weeks, what improvements can we expect.
For my part I have to say, its nice to know we are heading now for 3.1.1D, but the frustration in 90% of all the cases didn't come from we are a bit behind contentwise, it came from the user experience we have with the xbox version. Could you please address this for us here? What fixes are contained, that are explicitly for the xbox version, like maybe the flask stuff, the trade preview on the tradeboard, rubber banding. Will there be any other improvements, requested by all your frustrated players?

In the end, this post of yours didn't say much, ok its an own post and not just answer in one of many threads and it's sticky and therefor a huge improvement, but its as political as most responses.

I think the main turnoff for players is, that we think your priorities are just content and getting those microtransactions advertised instead of working on the things that really influence the player experience. Lets say the patch comes next week, this is almost halftime of this league, and from what we have seen, you need usually weeks to implement the normal changes of the pc version. So with only 1.5 months left for the next patch and league. What I and probably a lot of players would like to hear is, that your priorities are now (after the patch) on making this xbox version of a great game as much fun as it's supposed to be.

I would rather skip a whole league, knowing you are working on this, than playing new content in a broken state.
Maybe best to use a closed thread? One of the communication problems is that information can be found in replies to different threads. Getting everything together in a single place makes it so much easier! And now you get a lot of user replies in between official info. And yes, I know of the "View Staff Posts" option...

Try to make information as visible and easy to find as possible!
No more money from me to GGG until they improve trade!
So, with the delay on the update we'll lose the oportunite to buy the winter shild MTX?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info