Designing the Fire and Ice Mystery Box

I'd like to see cheaper MTX and cheaper boxes if GGG will continue with boxes.
Affliction master craft service Affliction My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Affliction veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Affliction SC master craft service Affliction SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Affliction craft PM: TreeOfDead
"
XNtrysyti wrote:
"
xenogias wrote:
Have to admit. I just came back this season after not playing for several years and when I saw loot boxes I was pretty saddened to see you guys had added loot boxes. In my opinion they are just as shady as Pay 2 win items in a cash shop. The whole point to loot boxes are to prey on people with gambling addictions. Frankly, they are the only reason I haven't bought any MTX since I got back. Don't get me wrong, I understand while you love what you do, you have to make money. I just personally feel loot boxes are a pretty crappy way to do it.

If you have a problem with mystery boxes, then just buy the item later at full price. It sounds like you've been jaded by other games (the fact that you called them "loot boxes" suggests this) that implement them in an undesirable way.

First off, mystery boxes give players a chance to obtain an MTX at below store price. Secondly, these items don't affect gameplay at all. How do you compare it to "pay 2 win" items in other games when you can literally spend thousands of dollars here and gain absolutely NO advantage over any other player in game (aside from stash tabs, maybe)?

Yes, GGG does need to make money. Mystery boxes appeal to those who want to try to grab a little extra value. I'll buy 10-20 boxes with whatever leftover points I have from a supporter pack purchase. I rarely get duplicates, but I'll usually score at least one of the big 300 point items every box rotation (wings, portals, cloaks). That's all I'm trying to get, as I'll probably end up buying whatever I don't have on sale once the items enter the shop (waiting for discounts on Chaos/Order box items right now).

Other games (I'm thinking Destiny 2 right now) have time limited loot boxes that their companies (Bungie) basically FORCE you to gamble if you're trying to get a specific item. THOSE are the shady practices. The ONLY way for you to get those items is by buying boxes and relying purely on RNG. GGG doesn't do that stuff, as they guarantee that the items will show up in the shop eventually. Anything that is time-limited immediately hits the shops for purchase, no gambling required (i.e. Yeti Mask, League-specific Brimmed Hats).

In the end, no one's forcing you to spend real money to play the game competitively with everyone else. Almost every MTX (aside from challenge rewards, event-limited items) can be bought without gambling. This is about as ethical as you can get when it comes to MTX in a game.

And for those complaining about duplicates... to be honest, they're getting a 70% discount on items but asking for 90%. If GGG made the Mystery Boxes feel like you're cheating the system (sell back unwanted MTX for 10 pts?), people would go bankrupt in minutes.

Sorry but what a load of crap. Loot boxes, which anyone not trying to defend them will call them (even blizzard calls them loot crates and are cosmetic) are there to play off gambling addictions. Studies have been done to prove this. The "just cosmetic" argument is no argument at all. That is the same mindset that has allowed loot boxes to infect games in the first place.
"
lowgrasswhite wrote:
Hideout saving, new hideout templates, Act 4-10 hideout decorations - when?

The whole hideout industry is a several year-old fossil.
Forsaken Masters was my favourite expansion ever! Come on, some love for them, anytime soon?

Absolutely. With all the new assets that came with the Fall of Oriath, it would be very cool to have more hideout layouts and decorations available from masters.

I also would love a master jewelcrafter.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info