(3.1) Thematic Juggernaut (From Dota) build. Made for fun, yet looks solid.

Title says it all. If you like wired stuff - welcome.

The Concept

Spoiler

For me personaly POE's fun lies in the field of creation. The more out of meta and more efficiency/cost ratio build is, the more fun it is for me to develop and play.

I've tried few wired builds during this league, like "rocket launcher" (3 totem explosive arrow with less duration elementalist) and "Tesla coil" (6-L max block/spell block Tempest Shield Necro). And they were pretty ok for my standarts - out of meta, cost nothing and could do well if i wish to invest time into them.

But recently i had a thought - "What if i do something thematic? And will tire myself to specific concept and try to reflect it as close as possible" I made up some thinking and formulated few ideas i could bring to life.

Maybe i'll do all of them, but this time we will be talking about Dota 2 character -

Yurnero, the Juggernaut.

The Build

Quick highlight

Spoiler

- 6,5k life at lvl 90+
- 30+k armor (Can easly make it 80+ with Brass Dome)
- 50%+ flat phisical damage reduction
- capped res
- 200k+ dps on boss with gear worth less than 1 ex
- Thematic fun build (you can yell "Juggernaaaaaaut" when spinning and it won't look stupid)

Some details

Spoiler
Because we are taking Juggernaut as our base, our active skills are pretty much set. We nedd to have Blade Fury a.k.a The Spin, Healing Ward a.k.a. The Stick, and Omnislash a.k.a The Ult. (I was thinking about crit passive, and actually figured how it could be made viable, but then decided - fuck it.

First of all - How to beat cooldowns?

Core Items

Spoiler

Aghanim's Spectre

Ultimate Refresher Orb (URO)

Skills

Spoiler

Because we have Agh's and URO we can use Ult as our main attack skill.

ATM i use 5-L

FS-> Melee Phys -> Ruthless -> Brutality -> Melle Splash/Bloodlust -> Maim (for 6-th link)

I don't use multistrike beacuse it takes flickering out of controll. But its the matter of taste.

For Spin i use 4-L

Cyclone -> Life Gain on Hit -> Fortify -> Blood Magic -> Blind (for 5-th)

I use Spin as support/defence skill, but it can be made as main attck also if you want.

My healing stick is embodied by stone golem linked with TWDT gem. I thought about Rej totem, but it doesn't follow you, while Yurnero's ward does.

As curse i use Punishment because we can not alloud ourself to have even 1% chance to cause bleeding by any attack exept Puncture. In other case we will bleed to death instantly.

The reasoning is in Mecanics part.

Mecanics

Spoiler

To sustain Flicker Strike we need to somehow sustain Frenzy Charges generation. ATM there are two specific items for Flicker builds - Oro's and Terminus Est. I decided use none of these, because Oro's means elemental orientation, what will be way out of concept, and Terminus requires us to crit. Jugg is not hte best for 2H crit.

And there we have a problem to solve.

My solution.

There are boots that alloud to generate Frenzy Charges on hit.

And for that reason they have unique mod "50% to be inflickted by bleeding on hit" That could work, but not with bosses, because taking boss strikes in to the face - is a bad mechanics to rely on.

So we need to apply bleeding with our own hands and somehow reflect it. Specifically for this reason in 3.1 there was added unique jewel "The Golden Rule" - it reflect bleeding you cause. And that means 5k + bleeds. You die instantly. Dying instantly - is a bad mechanics to rely on.

Thats why our only bleed skill is Puncture lvl 1 with Increased duration and Phisical to lightning supports. That will give 300 - 500 average dmg bleeds we will reflect for ourselves for 13 secs.

With 9 EC, Taste of Hate, Basalt Flask, Fortify and Bloodgrip amulet - permanent bleeding won't cause us much troubles.

I don't use Crimson Dance, because in that case bleeds can stack on you too. But in the future i think i will take this node and will roll bleed removal on flask.

Gameplay is simple and smooth. You puncture enemeys, crying for endurance, spin to get Fortify and stack FC, and start Flicker the shit out of packs. Damage is pretty solid (100+k) and you will roll through maps. On boss you change Splash for Bloodlust, puncture, spin, cry and flicker the shit out of boss.

Your only threat is spike ele damage.

Gear

Spoiler

BIS weaopon for us will be Starforge without any options. But its pretty expencive.

My current gear is:

Flasks

Taste Of Hate dropped for me, but its not necesary at all.

Stats and tree

Spoiler

Tree

Stats with my gear an 6-L

Spoiler

Last edited by maxkardinal on Jan 10, 2018, 4:35:36 PM
Last bumped on Jan 10, 2018, 3:40:10 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info