Exception Crash: "In source code file..."

Frequently occurs when entering/exiting zones (every couple hours or so).

Win7
Steam
Dx9
Vsync Off
Shadows Off
Texture Quality Medium
Multithreading: Yes
No Launch Options

I also frequently receive "Bad Allocation" and "Wrong Thread" error crashes pretty frequently.
Last bumped on Aug 13, 2018, 8:55:04 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I reported this crash and posted in Technical Support under a related thread (64bit client crashing): https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1842170

I have not experienced any "Bad Allocation" and "Wrong Thread" error crashes so far.

"
Bug Report Reference Number: 541,694,697

Running on Win7 64 bit. Same PC since Legacy League, no recent hardware/software changes. Game has usually performed well (steady 33ms latency) until yesterday.

Started seeing unusual, crazy latency spikes - game was sometimes freezing for 2-3 seconds.
Tried all the standard steps - rebooted router, ensured no background apps, turned off antivirus, etc etc: was still seeing crazy spikes. Very choppy game play to the point of being unplayable.

Client crash today:

That error message is E_OUT_OF_MEMORY; it is returned by the DirectX layer to PoE when given a command to do something graphical. The reference to the source is just where PoE detected the problem.

If you are running the DirectX 9 client, switch to DX11. Ensure your drivers are up to date, and if you have any overlays (eg: reshade, rive stats server, etc) that might get in the rendering path, disable them.

I'd also be interested if you could grab listdlls, and run it against PoE after you complete a map or zone, then post the results here.
"
SlippyCheeze wrote:
That error message is E_OUT_OF_MEMORY; it is returned by the DirectX layer to PoE when given a command to do something graphical. The reference to the source is just where PoE detected the problem.

If you are running the DirectX 9 client, switch to DX11. Ensure your drivers are up to date, and if you have any overlays (eg: reshade, rive stats server, etc) that might get in the rendering path, disable them.

I'd also be interested if you could grab listdlls, and run it against PoE after you complete a map or zone, then post the results here.

Thanks!

Was already running latest drivers etc. when the crashed occurred.
No more crashes since the first one, was still seeing mad latency spikes (33ms --> 300+ms); but reinstalling graphics drivers has done the trick.

Performance back to normal now. Thanks again.
Last edited by Sinaranu on Feb 20, 2018, 5:22:01 PM
If you continue to see latency spikes, find the sticky about running WinMTR and follow that in a separate top level post. Could be a network issue as well or something. Hopefully all is well now, though. :)
I also have been getting this error. It normally comes after i get the An unexpected disconnect accured. Ill log back in and then it gives me that message. Never fails to not have one without the other. I also have tried updating and rolling back driver updates and even got a new video card just to see if that was my issue but i get the same thing. Nothing has changed as far as my computer or my network. It is very aggravating and drives me nuts. I dont know what else to try. And this doesnt just happen in maps. It happens when trying to go from HO to HO or to town will just freeze up and disco.
Same problem, and for me when he crash, second monitor going sleep, main monitor get black screen, windows work, discord too, i can talk with peoples but not see any desktop. If i put shut down button (power button), computer correctly going shut down, without any errors. After this situation i delete Content.ggkp in PoE root direction, and download new file from GGG servers, PoE crashes stop for 5 days and today i get this first crash after donwload file again.

Any ideas how to fix it?
p.s. Sorry for my bad english

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info