*Updated for 3.2* Volkuur's poison! millions of dps (7.5 mil shaper - 20 mil shaper GG gear)

Thanks for the build, I had a lot of fun with it this league, best char I played so far. I decided early on to try the cold version even if you said it was inferior, and it turns out that using

made it pretty damn good! End build with reasonable PoB settings (same as yours) puts me at 14M Shaper DPS - I go to 17M with Frenzy charges (got Frenzy on my secondary weapon) and 20M with Onslaught (got Rotgut as my speed flask), both doable in boss fights.

Both provide LOTS of DPS early on for much cheaper than jewels - and Demise scale as you level up pretty nicely since its cold damage scales off Dex. Together they are worth like 2-3 double T1 cold damage jewels which you could not get for the low price of these 2 uniques (6 linked the armor myself, got relatively lucky with it).

For auras I went with Herald of Ice and Purity of Elements since getting good resists with so many uniques was hard. In the end I added Aspect of the Cat (both forms very good with this build) and still have enough mana to do everything I need.

When buying jewels don't neglect looking for attack speed if you can't find high end elemental damage at a great price, this builds scales very well off attack speed.

Blood rage is a must for this build for the same reason. Leveled up for a long time with Haste as well.

Turns out Effigon is still best in slot even for a non-fire build - it was much better than Impresence, or a rare amulet with non-chaos damage as extra chaos damage + elemental attacks.

I killed Shaper with it, first time, very pleased with it.

I went high dodge + eva for defense and I don't die a lot (usually not a all while mapping). Ended with 4.8k Hp at lvl 94.

I got temporal chain on hit gloves waiting for me in Standard, can't wait to try those :)

I tried going Poacher mark rings with +mana per hit, but on bosses since Poacher mark has low efficiency I would die a lot. Maybe if you can get 2 godly rings its worth it, but for the price Torment is very hard to beat.

Pros of cold build: Chilling / freezing mobs, herald of ice explosions help clear speed a lot, probably cheaper, mostly centered around uniques.

Cons: Forget about getting a +1 to arrows on your Demise, they're all 30ex because some popular farmer build uses those. Get one shot by bosses sometimes (a thing with dodge + eva for defense).

Current PoB for people curious: https://pastebin.com/C4aQSpK2
Last edited by FiReaNG3L on Apr 24, 2018, 3:19:59 PM
Selling my gear for this build, will give a good discount if you buy the complete set check my char and tree for items/gems.
Endgame Items shop +gems+unis++
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/622864

Killing double 78 courtyard boss solo
http://www.twitch.tv/nick20404/c/3381198
"
FiReaNG3L wrote:
Thanks for the build, I had a lot of fun with it this league, best char I played so far. I decided early on to try the cold version even if you said it was inferior, and it turns out that using

made it pretty damn good! End build with reasonable PoB settings (same as yours) puts me at 14M Shaper DPS - I go to 17M with Frenzy charges (got Frenzy on my secondary weapon) and 20M with Onslaught (got Rotgut as my speed flask), both doable in boss fights.

Both provide LOTS of DPS early on for much cheaper than jewels - and Demise scale as you level up pretty nicely since its cold damage scales off Dex. Together they are worth like 2-3 double T1 cold damage jewels which you could not get for the low price of these 2 uniques (6 linked the armor myself, got relatively lucky with it).

For auras I went with Herald of Ice and Purity of Elements since getting good resists with so many uniques was hard. In the end I added Aspect of the Cat (both forms very good with this build) and still have enough mana to do everything I need.

When buying jewels don't neglect looking for attack speed if you can't find high end elemental damage at a great price, this builds scales very well off attack speed.

Blood rage is a must for this build for the same reason. Leveled up for a long time with Haste as well.

Turns out Effigon is still best in slot even for a non-fire build - it was much better than Impresence, or a rare amulet with non-chaos damage as extra chaos damage + elemental attacks.

I went high dodge + eva for defense and I don't die a lot (usually not a all while mapping). Ended with 4.8k Hp at lvl 94.

I got temporal chain on hit gloves waiting for me in Standard, can't wait to try those :)

I tried going Poacher mark rings with +mana per hit, but on bosses since Poacher mark has low efficiency I would die a lot. Maybe if you can get 2 godly rings its worth it, but for the price Torment is very hard to beat.

Pros of cold build: Chilling / freezing mobs, herald of ice explosions help clear speed a lot, probably cheaper, mostly centered around uniques.

Cons: Forget about getting a +1 to arrows on your Demise, they're all 30ex because some popular farmer build uses those. Get one shot by bosses sometimes (a thing with dodge + eva for defense).

That's pretty clever! Kinda makes me wonder if you can do a Dex stacking version of this and still rely on poison.
"
FiReaNG3L wrote:

the quiver is a great idea! i dont have anything to do this weekend and might play around with it for a bit :) i'm thinking about a fire version with str scaling to get shittons of life. not sure if it's possible to scale that much str as assassin though..
Last edited by Sacr0 on Apr 26, 2018, 10:18:35 AM
Does anyone know how to fit this bow into the build? I think it could add some interesting potential with some changes.

I've been experimenting with some different things, can someone take a look and give me suggestions?

https://pastebin.com/iDtvTKyZ

either things i need to change or things to add?
thanx
"
Pwnkkake wrote:
Does anyone know how to fit this bow into the build? I think it could add some interesting potential with some changes.

I imagine the attack speed would be far too slow to offset any benefits the increase in base damage could provide.
question, why do we take 100% chance to poison on hit from the tree when volkuur's gives us 20%, that's 120%. or am i missing something?
"
The_Sin wrote:
question, why do we take 100% chance to poison on hit from the tree when volkuur's gives us 20%, that's 120%. or am i missing something?

It only gives poison chance for matching elemental skills and the build uses Ice Shot.
"
vdk89 wrote:
"
The_Sin wrote:

It only gives poison chance for matching elemental skills and the build uses Ice Shot.

So POB is lying to me then? says I still have 100% to poison even though in game says 80%

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info