*Updated for 3.2* Volkuur's poison! millions of dps (7.5 mil shaper - 20 mil shaper GG gear)

dude my snakebite says all attacks poison. doesnt matter if phys/lightning/poison/cold/fire. . . .all attacks poison :/
"
dude my snakebite says all attacks poison. doesnt matter if phys/lightning/poison/cold/fire. . . .all attacks poison :/

All attacks can poison, but poison damage is calculated based on the (base) physical and chaos damage of an attack. If your attack does fire damage, as well, that fire damage will not go toward the poison DoT. With Volkuur's guidance, one element WILL be counted towards poison damage, though (fire, cold or lightning).

*If your attack has no component that can poison, it won't poison. 0 damage hits don't cause ailments.
Causing an ailment is a separate calculation from counting the damage from that ailment. This thread is about volkuur's poison. So the snakebite discussion is interesting but not really directly applicable to this build, I would say.

The general relationship between ailments and damage is

physical -> bleeding
cold -> chill/freeze
fire -> burn
physical/chaos -> poison
lightning -> shock

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Ailment

Once the ailment calculation is made then damage is calculated. This is calculated based on how much physical/chaos/fire damage was done. The other two ailments do different things from these three. Meaning that bleeding/burning/poison do damage over time. The other two types do other things. See the above article for detail.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
Last edited by Turtledove on Mar 30, 2018, 10:43:58 PM
well thats frustrating
I'm at 3672 life 1341 mana, with Acrobatics using pretty much same gear as yours, just rolls are a little lower, thus my lower effective life pool. I die waaay too much vs chaos dmg bosses and most red legendary beasts and I'm doing t6-10 maps, if I get my life to 4-4.3k I imagine it will help a lot, but then I'll just die the same at t15-16 maps, I just want to ask how do you sustain your mana vs legendary beasts and chaos dmg, poison is not the issue, just the chaos dmg itself, hits are wayy too big
"
golibroda333 wrote:
I'm at 3672 life 1341 mana, with Acrobatics using pretty much same gear as yours, just rolls are a little lower, thus my lower effective life pool. I die waaay too much vs chaos dmg bosses and most red legendary beasts and I'm doing t6-10 maps, if I get my life to 4-4.3k I imagine it will help a lot, but then I'll just die the same at t15-16 maps, I just want to ask how do you sustain your mana vs legendary beasts and chaos dmg, poison is not the issue, just the chaos dmg itself, hits are wayy too big

your mana is a bit low. it should be at least 40% of your max life to make MoM efficient. if your mana is lower than that, you get a big hit and loose all your mana. then you can't attack to gain back your life mana. this feels like getting stunned.
if you get your mana to at least 1470 according to your current life pool, you will have some mana remaining after taking a big hit and then you'll be able to attack quickly after the hit to get all your life+mana back.

dots are a problem for mom cuz they will drain mana. thats why i recommended the poison-immune pantheon point(shakaari upgrade)
According to the POB link you dont use Immolate, but you use Elemental Focus. Is that correct?
I am doing the Belly version.
Hi, I'm a returned player and want to ask if the "% increased projectile speed" on the bow is important or not?
I'm currently playing on Bestiary League and only have the currency to buy a 6Link low roll bow (approx 3ex or so)
Sell all items for this build, included gems.
For details write in Pm.
Near 12 ex
Last edited by SofiaRokka on Apr 1, 2018, 8:47:16 AM
Hi again
i got it to lvl 89, killed guardians, fast running meeps etc. changed talents, as you advice.
now i facing another problem. i cant get it to lvl 90- many deaths >_<.
i got pretty damage, but only 3700 life and 500 mana. got dying sun, ToH etc. is there any way improve my character to play it?
my PoB https://pastebin.com/4XtvKP2C
btw, i got shadow and lighting. on my opiniom all seems good. am i missing something?
i imagined(on pob. what will happens, if i got belt,boots, helm with 2 abys. sockets.. all stay same nearly. dont have currrency for rings

"
Sacr0 wrote:
"
Versettix wrote:
Hi Guys, great biuld. Favorite build of the league atm.

i'm based op POB link from here. what can i improve in my character?(besides quality on flask and all t1 flat dmg)

POB https://pastebin.com/UsegEzE8
or my character eltarshadow

i just see low dmg like 220k on barrage. is other links there is 5+ mill. and i cant find difference.

Thanks for help

your attack speed seems low. you should improve it. attack speed provides good dmg, because of the flat jewel scaling as well as the increased poison duration per poison applied recently. also your chance to hit is only 80% which is too low. you could either get some accuracy or check out the effigon. it should provide a good dmg buff to you, maybe more than impresence does. if you'd like to test that, you have to create an amulet with a crafted mod " Your Hits can't be evaded " in PoB.
if we take some poison duration in regard, ele focus deals 10% more damage than unbound ailments. anyway, your actual dps per poison will increase drastically with elefocus. consider swapping those gems.

deadly draw is one of the best dps notes for this build, it hurts your dmg a lot if you dont skill it.

i highly recommend druidic rite+arcane chemistry for your build. those notes are stronger than soul siphon because they give so much QoL for flasks. i even like them more than inspiration(behind mom) if you manage to get your mana high enough to make full use of mom.

i dont like the duellist starting area. if you need the %inc accuracy, you are better off with finesse. you can then use primal spirit too.

basically, remove the mana notes behind mom, remove the duellist starting area, remove soul siphon and spec into ranger starting area with finesse+primal spirit. then go for druidic rite+arcane chemistry.

i highly recommend master fletcher as this is one of the best dps boosts beside deadly draw. this would also cap your chance to poison to 100%

especially the attack speed needs to be improved (accuracy too!). so master fletcher+deadly draw should be 1. priority. you will notice a significant dps increase if you do that ;)
i hope it helps!
Last edited by Versettix on Apr 1, 2018, 12:40:45 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info