[3.1] Dual Abyss Battery Wander - 3.5M+ Shaper DPS

INTRODUCTION

Hello everyone,
Thank you for your willingness to review my build guide. This is the first build I ever posted so feedback is greatly appreciated.

This build is a Dual Wield Void Battery wander that takes advantage of the flat elemental damage on abyss jewels, and Crown of Eyes to gain over 500% increased attack damage from just our wands.

VIDEO

VIDEO COMING SOON

OVERVIEW

Pros:

+ Insane Wander DPS (3.5M+ barrage, 600k+ Kinetic Blast)
+ Fairly cheap, needs only a 5L
+ As of the time of this writing, Void batteries are 15-20c each.
+ A fun unique mechanic combination, that takes advantage of everything Abyss has to offer.
+ No 6L required!

Cons:

- Cannot safely do Elemental Reflect, all other mods are ok
- Likely softcore only

SKILL TREE

Ascendant (Assassin / Slayer)

Path of Building (THEORY)

Ascendancy Points:

Bandits: Kill all

LEVELING TREES

Spoiler

SKILL TREE EXPLANATION

The primary goal for the skill tree is to obtain as many abyssal jewels as possible, without giving up utility or survivability.

For keystones we take vaal pact for increased leech, which compliments our slayer ascendancy wonderfully.

We also take Point Blank, which greatly increases our single target DPS.

JEWELS

For jewels, we will want to use all Searching Eyes, with the following stat priorities:
#1 - %Increased attack speed if you've dealt a Critical Strike Recently
#2 - Flat added elemental damage / Flat added elemental damage to wands. Lightning is preferred, but cold and fire are also good choices
#3 - Maximum life

Sample poe.trade for good jewels

SCREENSHOTS

SKILL DPS

Shaper DPS Barrage Path of Building
Spoiler

Trash Clear Kinetic Blast DPS
Spoiler

DEFENSE
Spoiler

In addition to our stat defense, from Shroud of Lightness we gain physical immunity, and we often freeze and kill most enemies before they even appear on our screen.

GEAR

Full Gear Coming Soon

GEAR EXPLANATION

Spoiler
Weapon

For our weapons as mentioned before, we dual wield Void Batteries. They give us additional crit chance, more spell (attack) damage, and cast speed which helps our movement skill.
The rolls on the wand doesn't make much difference, but a higher cast speed is helpful.

Helm

The Crown of Eyes helmet is what allows this build to work, by converting all of our spell damage into attack damage, we gain a massive boost in damage. In addition, it also gives us additional accuracy, and leech. The BiS enchantment is +1 Barrage Projectiles, but it is by no means needed.

Chest

We use a 5L Shroud of Lightness as it offers superior offense and defensive capabilities. Other options however include Yriel's Fostering (RHOA version) and Queen of the Forest.

Gloves

We want to use a pair of Rare Essence of Horror (+3.5% crit chance) for our gloves.

Boots

Rare boots with Life, Resistance, and movespeed

Amulet

We will be using the unique Marylene's Fallacy amulet. This 1 alchemy amulet provides us with over 50% more damage.

Rings

Rare Diamond / Opal rings with Life, Resistances, Flat elemental damage and %Elemental damage with attacks.

Belt

We will want to use a rare stygian vise with life, resistances, and %elemental damage.

LINKS AND GEMS

Main DPS Setup (Chest)
5L Barrage in Shroud of Lightness:
Barrage + Elemental Damage with Attacks + Elemental Focus + Slower Projectiles + Added Lightning

If you decide to use an alternate chest piece, use Lightning Penetration for your 6th gem slot.

Trash Clearing Setup (Gloves)
We will socket this in our essence of Horror gloves.
Kinetic Blast + GMP + Pierce + Elemental Damage with Attacks

Mobility Setup (Weapon #1)

Because we get so much cast speed from our tree and void batteries, we will use Lightning Warp for our movement. This will be socketted as a 3L in one of our weapons:
Lightning Warp + Faster Casting + Less Duration

Aura Setup (Weapon #2)

In our other weapon slot we will want to use:
Wrath + Enlighten level 4 + Empower level 4

Alternatively if you do not have an Enlighten level 4, you can use:
Wrath + Decoy Totem + Vaal Grace for additional survivability

Otherwise, if needed for prolonged boss fights, you can use:
Wrath + Power Charge on Crit + Orb of Storms
for sustained power charge generation.

Support Skills (Boots)
These skills provide us with some additional utility and greatly increase our quality of life.
Vaal Haste + Blood Rage + Summon Ice Golem + Increased Duration

LEVELING

The easiest way to level would likely be dual wielding storm prisons. You can pick up abyss jewels as you level and this will easily carry you through maps.

You can also easily level as a spell caster or using Abberath's Hooves.

THE END

I would like to thank several of my guildies including Corry and Amal for the inspiration and assistance with theory crafting this build. I will likely be able to make videos some time later this week.
Sincerely,
Lilith Daemon
Last edited by Sukkubix on Jan 6, 2018, 3:58:21 PM
Last bumped on Feb 17, 2018, 8:39:48 AM
RESERVED
Sincerely,
Lilith Daemon
RESERVED
Sincerely,
Lilith Daemon
Hey, just one question popped up in my head while reading through the build.... you scale your spelldmg using powercharges right? but correct me if i aam wrong.... the only way to generate those is when you crit someone at full life right? caan you sustein those at higher tier bosses like this?
Hey,
For mapping the power charge generation on full life is typically enough. (Up through t15s) For Elder/Shaper/Guardians, changing the weapon containing wrath to the links:
Wrath + Power Charge on Crit + Orb of Storms

Works wonders. I will add this note into the guide.
Sincerely,
Lilith Daemon
ah ok was looking for an oos+poc setup^^
Shroud of the Lightless little expensive :p
Maybe use qotf + watchers eye prismatic jewel " % of p.damage converted to lightning damage while affected by wrath" roll 30-35% cost only 15-40c
reserved
[li]How are you currently dealing with mana? Thinking of getting a watchers eyes with mana leech for lightning damage, not sure that would be enough still though[/li]

Fixed that issue, just working on getting some levels and gem levels to improve damage

This helped quite a bit
Spoiler
Last edited by MojoREKT on Jan 7, 2018, 8:06:12 AM
Interesting indeed! Thanks for posting :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info