Help with my Dual Wield build!

So I decided to make a dual wielding axe marauder just for fun since dual wielding axes seemed badass, turns out it doesn't actually go so badly! I do a buttload of damage, My life is quite low however I steal a lot of life so I've gotten all the way to Merciless with ~1K HP D:

What I would like is some finer points on what I should and shouldn't be doing, gaining levels and skill points is starting to slow down and I have quite a few options to go from here.

This is what I have so far

Using the following skills:
Dual Strike - Faster Attacks, Added Fire Damage, Melee Physical Damage
Cleave (6%) - Faster Attacks, Life Gain on Hit (to be upgraded to %life steal when it is worth it)
Grace, Haste, Anger - Reduced Mana (not all turned on, haven't decided)
Warlord's Mark (I wouldn't live without it)
Frenzy (average dps increase, still unsure on it)
Molten Shell (Awesome for survivability)
Rejuvenation Totem (Kind of meh so far)

Important Stats are:
Level 52
Life: 1068
Mana: 354
Phys Reduction: 42% (no auras or skills)
Fire Res: 18%
Cold Res: 55%
Lightning Res: 58%
Chaos Res: -60%
Chance to Hit: 89%
Crit Chance: ~5% (Still haven't decided on RT)
Life Leach: 5%
Mana Leach: 2%
Dual Strike: 2762DPS (in town, no auras)

Obvious things from looking at the stats, I need more life! And I need to max out my resists!
Iron Reflexes is amazing, went from 20% phys reduction straight to 42% as soon as I got it. This may not be necessary with high end gear but it is invaluable right now. I've also been playing around with my auras, I have been running Haste all the way up until now and it's been OK but I would like to run more than just that but I need the mana to do it. Since I have Iron Reflexes the Grace aura adds a lot to my survivability. Purity could be nice as well but it has a fairly large cost and rules out using Haste (might be able to with a high quality reduced mana gem). Other obvious choices would be Anger and wrath (to a lesser degree), possibly even clarity if I really need it.

This is what I had planned with more auras in mind, it seems OK I guess but not amazing.

The other option was to run less auras and go towards the Templar starting area for all the juicy life nodes and +AoE Passives. I had also considered Vaal Pact but I dunno how suicidal that would be. I'm also not sure on the Armor and Evasion nodes plus Leather and Steel. With Iron Reflexes this is effectively making them 16% armor and 48%armor which is great but I just don't know the maths for armor and if it is worth it or not.

The thing that has plagued me through this entire build is whether to get Resolute Technique or not. If someone could provide some hard maths on how much accuracy and crit you need in order for not having resolute technique to be higher dps compared to having, that would be awesome. I would hazard a guess that at the highest gear levels with enough accuracy and crit gear that not having Resolute Technique would provide superior dps but I just don't know at what point this is and how much accuracy you need to make crits worth it.

Any suggestions or advice with maths to back it up would be really helpful!
Last edited by Caspa on Feb 28, 2013, 5:59:07 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info