Painfull item progression after lvl 80 on XBOX

"
filix wrote:
Some pc veterans like you can benefit from that bad situation and kinda make decent profits, but new players really have a super hard time to get to like this game.

Thank you thats the point, my english is to bad to bring it down like you. And in the end on xbox its a lot of harder as a beginner as on pc i think.

And for your info my build is good and i a can clear all content till t13 with ease, nothing higher tried at this moment. My problem is the painfull feeling to perfect my gear, its absolut funless, but in the other way it is one of the most important parts of this game.
Last edited by Donniedarko72 on Jan 10, 2018, 2:42:37 AM
Hola Fellow Exiles!

I am a veteran POE player on PC that also leveled a character on Xbox to around 92. (Frostblades Berserker).

There is no easy answer to what you are looking to accomplish as this game is unforgiving... and without proper trade it is even more so.

But here are some times I can tell you that I employed.

1) Farm a Tabula Rasa in blood aquaducts. -- First and foremost this is your most valuable tool. A 6-link greatly increases your clearspeed regardless of it stats. Also combine that with the fact that many chest pieces don't have good health stats (outside of belly and the obvious), you can swap to an end game chest seemlessly.

2) Don't focus on levels... focus on clear speed. Once you get your clear speed to a decent amount, do maps to a level where you are oneshotting most mobs up to the boss and the boss can be killed in less than 10 seconds. DO THIS OVER AND OVER AGAIN as fast as possible and if you have a second monitor... while catching up on old tv shows or something ;) Eventually you will hit the 1 item you can sell to help progress your own build. It may not be a 10exalt item... but you can and will drop the 2-3 exalt item... It is just a matter of time.

3) Don't be impatient with the content. League formats are tough in a slow trade markets for inexperienced players... Maybe you don't kill shaper on your first league. Maybe you dont' do T14 maps on your first league... but EVENTUALLY you will find it so easy to get there. You just need to establish a system.

4) Your first character should always be spell based or an attack build based on a cheap unique weapon that is easy to get. This will save you so much grief in the long run. You can scale your damage primarily off of the tree and gem levels so gear is relatively secondary.

These are the best tips i can give you.

I hope this it gets easier for you.
As a fairly veteran player, I've noticed something I do on console I never do on PC, and that's take alira for resists. It's Soo much easier to find acceptable gear if you get that plus some from the tree.

Sometimes you just have to adapt to the situation you are in and make due with what you can find. I personally have had no trouble getting to 90+ this league or in harby.

You might not have a very strong build if you are struggling at mid tier maps.

If it is just gear then I suggest farming easy content until you can afford the "overpriced" rares with "good" stats.
XBOX-----------------
Kitava Supporter
Dominator Supporter
1st Lvl 100: Incursion League
1st SSF UE, UA, and Shaper: Delve League

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info